News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mergatroid

The downside to this 'urban exploring' is it shows the vulnerability of Disney's security. As much as I enjoy watching Matt Sonswa's videos, it kind of exploits just how easy it can be to gain entrance into areas. His next to be released climbing of Big Thunder Mountain could be a prime example. I'm assuming he gained access via the road that circles the MK and then via the backstage area? If so he'll of passed no security areas and had he been up to no good could have planted anything there.

ppete1975

The downside to this 'urban exploring' is it shows the vulnerability of Disney's security. As much as I enjoy watching Matt Sonswa's videos, it kind of exploits just how easy it can be to gain entrance into areas. His next to be released climbing of Big Thunder Mountain could be a prime example. I'm assuming he gained access via the road that circles the MK and then via the backstage area? If so he'll of passed no security areas and had he been up to no good could have planted anything there.
exactly what ive been saying. This is embarrassing for disney. It makes them look inept. And yes instead of just being a youtuber he could be a terrorist. Cameras, sensors, could all help and when caught.. full extent of the law. No more being mr nice guy, no nicely removing you. Look at matt sonswa he gets nicely removed or they press charges that get thrown out because of inaccuracies. Hopefully the buzzy perpetrators do jail time. They also need to go after people with backstage photos as much as i hate to say it.

JohnD

I suppose it was only a matter of time. Who hasn’t seen photos of closed behind the scenes areas from people who thought they would sneak a peek? WOL being one them. This is the next extension of that.

Cheekylittlerobot

exactly what ive been saying. This is embarrassing for disney. It makes them look inept. And yes instead of just being a youtuber he could be a terrorist. Cameras, sensors, could all help and when caught.. full extent of the law. No more being mr nice guy, no nicely removing you. Look at matt sonswa he gets nicely removed or they press charges that get thrown out because of inaccuracies. Hopefully the buzzy perpetrators do jail time. They also need to go after people with backstage photos as much as i hate to say it.

I don't think it's necessary to go after people with photos, but yes, they do need to arrest the people who stole Buzzy.

EPCOTServo21

There is absolutely a security gate, with guard, 24/7, at the perimeter road of MK. The Guard shack is close to BTM. No one without an ID or already approved permission would be getting through that gate. There must be some other way (staying in the park late, pretending to be a worker, I don’t know). But cannot be that gate, it is staffed and secure.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
There is absolutely a security gate, with guard, 24/7, at the perimeter road of MK. The Guard shack is close to BTM. No one without an ID or already approved permission would be getting through that gate. There must be some other way (staying in the park late, pretending to be a worker, I don’t know). But cannot be that gate, it is staffed and secure.

There's a few security areas in the MK area depending on which parking are you're going to, one near Space Mountain, and one behind Fantasyland where the CM buses go as well

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I, as well as some other people, predict that YouTube will fade into obscurity within a few years. I think that another video site that is less corporate and cares more about the creators and viewers will pop up someday soon and pull a lot of people away from YouTube. I even heard a crazy rumor a while back that an adult site was considering launching a family friendly YouTube competitor. Not sure how that would go over with the general public but it would certainly be interesting.

I think if Twitch really wanted to, they could become more like that, but their layout would have to change a bit.

iHeartDisneylandCats

I don't think youtube will ever be overtaken by another site soon. It is too big and has too much history for it to be overtaken. Plus there has been plenty of internet sites that had and have similar functions to youtube that have not overtaken it. Including vimeo, blip (rip), snapchat, etc.
In order for youtube to fall off the map, a big situation must happen. Similar to the tumblr nsfw ban. Or worse.
I see what you're saying, but I think it's just part of the internet circle of life. Sites come and go, some lose popularity over time, others gain popularity. The reason I think YouTube will fade away is because of the demonetization policy's, and the disconnect between the YouTube higher ups and the creators/viewers. Just look at how unpopular Rewind 2018 was. A YouTube competitor could easily do something similar to Rewind that would actually embrace what makes the community great as opposed to lame marketing and political crap in what is supposed to be a nostalgic look back at the year. Plus I'm also convinced that the Trending page is rigged.

mergatroid

I actually meant he'd probably parked up or been dropped off near the perimeter fence near BTM and gained access that way. He could also have stayed in the park late but would have meant entering whilst banned (possible I know) and then staying after closure. I have however read on here before that staying after closure is now nearly impossible with security 'sweeps' and motion detectors etc?

flynnibus

Premium Member
My question is how hard is it to legally enter a park and then hide out in the park at closing? How thoroughly are the parks swept for stragglers?

I bet if you are willing to go where you are not supposed to to start with.. it would be easy to hide out in one of those places till 3 or 4 in the morning or whatever window is lowest worker count in the area. You could for instance... simply go hide in a wooded area around the railroad or ROA.. lay low and wait. No one is doing a man hunt.. they are looking for 'what should be there' and the guest areas.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Time and climate hadn't been good to it (not that I’ve watched that video)
Corporate leasing is a good option for corporations... when the airframe gets old or obsolete, you just turn it in and you don't have to worry about storage and/or disposal. It's a wonder nobody came up with an animatronic leasing company...

NormC

My question is how hard is it to legally enter a park and then hide out in the park at closing? How thoroughly are the parks swept for stragglers?
Security knows all of the common hiding spots so as Flynn said you have to be willing to go deeper into areas that are patrolled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom