Buzz / Monsters Inc removal, TSM wait times

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone thinks that Disney would remove both Buzz and Monsters Inc from Tomorrowland and put Monsters inc in Pixar Place at the Studios and just do away with Buzz all together? Then they could use that whole building in the MK for a new attraction or two new attractions.

Also, do you guys think the TSM wait times will improve? I keep seeing hour and half waits at all these previews, is this due to something with the ride or is it mainly just because of the amount of people? Im hoping that this isn't going to be the next Soarin.

TheDisneyMagic

I think that Monsters Inc and Buzz are set to stay for a while yet in the Magic Kingdom, whether they add an additional Monsters Inc attraction to Disney's Hollywood Studios is a completely different story though, it is possibly to have multiple attractions with the same characters. Take for example Finding Nemo, he can be found in the Seas with Nemo and Friends aswell as Finding Nemo the musical, both are popular.

The line for both Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor are still quite long on most days so as long as the rides stay popular I'm sure they will remain.

As for the wait time, it will pan out over time, as you know this time is test and adjust still, the cast members are still getting used to operating the ride. How ever the nature of the load will always have a line backlash from it.

pax_65

Buzz is a popular ride. Why would they want to "do away with it"???

I would like to see Tomorrowland improved (again). But if you want to look for an attraction that doesn't fit with the Tomorrowland theme, look first to the raceway.

peter11435

Im hoping that this isn't going to be the next Soarin.

Why wouldn't we want this to be the next soarin'? Would you rather it be another Stitch's Great Escape. I for one would much rather have an entertaining attraction that I have to wait an hour or two for than a mediocre attraction nobody cares about. Long waits are inevitable for a new attraction such as TSM.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Because Disney usually is genius at having great attractions and finding ways to minimize waits. Soarin is a great attraction, but just loads way too slow.

Disneykidder

Although I think Buzz and Monsters Inc fit in better wih the new Pixar theme going in DHS, I don't forsee them moving or deleting either of them in the near future. Monsters has only been there for 2 years and although Buzz has been around for 10 years, it is very popular. We LOVE Buzz and would never want it ot go away. Monsters, however, in my opinion is not very good. It is just OK. Saw it once when it forst came out in 06', once in 07' and that is enough for me.

Plus, if they were to be moved to DHS, think of the cost?

SSE

I don't think they will be moved to DHS and are probably here to stay for the foreseeable future at the MK. Whenever they are removed I would like to see a more cohesive theme in Tomorrowland. I don't think the area is horrible or anything, but I think there is a little to much mishmash right now.

henryt93

While I could see them getting rid of Buzz in the next few years, I wouldn't get my hopes up about moving MILF. As far as I know, the only two rides that have ever been moved at a Disney park are Dumbo and the teacups during the renovation of Fantasyland at DLR in '83. And it was much easier because they were renovating everything else anyway. Imagine how unnecessarily difficult it would be to build a new building, move, reinstall, and then fill the old building when Disney execs obviously never had a problem with the placement.

Evo

Although I think Buzz and Monsters Inc fit in better wih the new Pixar theme going in DHS, I don't forsee them moving or deleting either of them in the near future. Monsters has only been there for 2 years and although Buzz has been around for 10 years, it is very popular.
Actually, the Laugh Floor has only been there for one year as of April 1st. I think they should move the Laugh Floor over to DHS if they make a Monster's Inc. street/boulevard.

Ev

culturenthrills

What Buzz needs to do is good down for a rehab. That ride looks horrible. The Q seems to constantly look run down and the ride vehicles look atrocious. That ride needs some major TLC.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Those attractions won't get moved because it would be like Disney saying they didn't fit to begin with.

From what I remember, there's only been 1 attraction that moved from one place to another in WDW, that was the "Magic Journeys" movie from Epcot to Magic Kingdom.

I do think that Laugh Floor would fit better at the Studios but it seems like it would be awfully silly to move an attraction like that especially when it's so new. What a waste of money that would be. I'd rather the money be spent on something better.
Getting rid of Buzz would also be kind of a bad move, the rides very popular and it's not a bad attraction overall. I know TSM is the same general concept but that just goes to show how popular the interactive game format of the ride is.

theyip1218

While I could see them getting rid of Buzz in the next few years, I wouldn't get my hopes up about moving MILF. As far as I know, the only two rides that have ever been moved at a Disney park are Dumbo and the teacups during the renovation of Fantasyland at DLR in '83. And it was much easier because they were renovating everything else anyway. Imagine how unnecessarily difficult it would be to build a new building, move, reinstall, and then fill the old building when Disney execs obviously never had a problem with the placement.

And these are two rides that are much less complicated than Buzz or Monsters.

The rides are very popular, why move them? Then we should move the nemo stuff to AK, right? Hopefully they keep them where they belong, I would miss them in Tommorrow Land.

the-reason14

I doubt either of em would move. I think Buzz is great, its fun and enjoyable. I think there could be a better tomorrowland type ride there, but I like it there. Monsters too me, would have been better at mgm. IMO it doesnt fit, like at all. I know the speedway doesnt either, but its been there forever so has the autopia at DL and it didnt really fit in TL either. But IMO, monsters is just a waste of space and time, boring and dumb. It seems like it was a great idea, it just failed miserably. I wish they could incoporate something better there. But with stitch being across from it and it being a show too, I guess they both kinda fit in TL in there own cartoony way.

MickeyspalJim

One thing We must all remember is, There are many "guests who have never seen any of these attractions, and to remove them as soon as the "regulars get bored with them would be such a waste of time and not really fare to the millions of first timers that have not even gotten to see them in the first place. We need to go back in time and remember how much We as a group loved anything Disney opened for Us. As a whole, we are a bit spoiled and turn everything "So yesterday within no time. Walt just wanted Us to relax have fun and get away from it all. Take some time to walk around and just be thankful We can afford to go to WDW in the first place. Just think, permits show that a simple replacement of flower beds towards the entrance of EPCOT cost them $65,000. Imagine moving and changing rides because people get bored after riding them twice? I have been to the World alot in the last 4 years and I do stop Many times and just feel lucky to be there in the first place. If the lines are long, look around at all the detail of the queue area, watch the young ones on line who just seem to love everything they are about to see and maybe even spend the time in line talking amongst the group of family and friends You came there with in the first place. Remember that You are there to have fun and not try to see how many things you can find that you feel they are doing wrong. Just try and Have a "Magical Day" Each day could be our last. Have Fun. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

landauh

Buzz and MILF won't be moved. If you are in TL when the park opens you will notice that there are two mass migrations when the ropes are dropped. One heads straight for SM (families with kids old enough to ride SM) and the othe straight for Buzz (families with youngsters unable to ride SM). Also MILF gives families with young children another attraction in TL.

As for the speedway ... it was something in the future when DL opened in 1955 (in fact there were three autopias in DL ... one was in FL) and has just been a part of TL every since. It won't be moved, but might be changed (lines are always long as families with young children love the attraction).

BigB911

One thing We must all remember is, There are many "guests who have never seen any of these attractions, and to remove them as soon as the "regulars get bored with them would be such a waste of time and not really fare to the millions of first timers that have not even gotten to see them in the first place. We need to go back in time and remember how much We as a group loved anything Disney opened for Us. As a whole, we are a bit spoiled and turn everything "So yesterday within no time. Walt just wanted Us to relax have fun and get away from it all. Take some time to walk around and just be thankful We can afford to go to WDW in the first place. Just think, permits show that a simple replacement of flower beds towards the entrance of EPCOT cost them $65,000. Imagine moving and changing rides because people get bored after riding them twice? I have been to the World alot in the last 4 years and I do stop Many times and just feel lucky to be there in the first place. If the lines are long, look around at all the detail of the queue area, watch the young ones on line who just seem to love everything they are about to see and maybe even spend the time in line talking amongst the group of family and friends You came there with in the first place. Remember that You are there to have fun and not try to see how many things you can find that you feel they are doing wrong. Just try and Have a "Magical Day" Each day could be our last. Have Fun. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

What an excellent post!!! Really puts things into perspective! :sohappy:

AdrainB

Just wondering if anyone thinks that Disney would remove both Buzz and Monsters Inc from Tomorrowland and put Monsters inc in Pixar Place at the Studios and just do away with Buzz all together? Then they could use that whole building in the MK for a new attraction or two new attractions.

They should move Buzz and put back an updated version of the attraction the building was designed for, If You Had Wings!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom