Buzz / Monsters Inc removal, TSM wait times

pax_65

Slight thread drift... I'm curious how TSM will affect traffic patterns at DHS. For years everyone came in and headed right for the Tower/RnRC. With a large number heading for TSM, does this mean wait times for the Tower and RnRC will be reduced? I guess you can throw GMR in the mix too, although I haven't seen a large line for that lately.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
They should move Buzz and put back an updated version of the attraction the building was designed for, If You Had Wings!

Unless Eastern Airlines comes back from the corporate grave and becomes the official airline of Disney again, that won't happen

Mick G.

There is also a big chunk of real estate in Tomorrowland, between COP and Space Mountain. The old Skyway building has been empty for decades, except for bathrooms, and that area could become a new attraction easily. As long as they don't scrape the COP, of course.

jakeman

Buzz is a popular ride. Why would they want to "do away with it"???
I don't really understand this either. However, it appears that Buzz is the new (and hopefully temporary) target of ire for some folks on the board.

There have been a handful of thread drifts that have called for the removal of Buzz recently.

pax_65

People need to separate their personal views from good business sense. If an attraction is popular and represents the park well, it should stay. Buzz may be 10 years old but it still looks good, plays well, and has a decent line most of the day.

Two weeks ago the parks weren't horribly crowded, but I saw good lines for Stitch, Monsters Inc., and Mission Space (mentioned because they are often trashed here). Attractions that were virtually empty included Imagination, Primevil Whirl, and (sadly) CoP.

righttrack

Buzz has the young adventurer in mind. Its a great ride for kids of all ages, and has a fun, competitive spirit to it. Its a perfect fit for Tommorowland. To sustain Disney, people need to embrace these new characters, as our children already have.

Kadee

One thing We must all remember is, There are many "guests who have never seen any of these attractions, and to remove them as soon as the "regulars get bored with them would be such a waste of time and not really fare to the millions of first timers that have not even gotten to see them in the first place. We need to go back in time and remember how much We as a group loved anything Disney opened for Us. As a whole, we are a bit spoiled and turn everything "So yesterday within no time. Walt just wanted Us to relax have fun and get away from it all. Take some time to walk around and just be thankful We can afford to go to WDW in the first place. Just think, permits show that a simple replacement of flower beds towards the entrance of EPCOT cost them $65,000. Imagine moving and changing rides because people get bored after riding them twice? I have been to the World alot in the last 4 years and I do stop Many times and just feel lucky to be there in the first place. If the lines are long, look around at all the detail of the queue area, watch the young ones on line who just seem to love everything they are about to see and maybe even spend the time in line talking amongst the group of family and friends You came there with in the first place. Remember that You are there to have fun and not try to see how many things you can find that you feel they are doing wrong. Just try and Have a "Magical Day" Each day could be our last. Have Fun. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

What an excellent post!!! Really puts things into perspective! :sohappy:

I completely agree. Everytime I go (and I don't get to go as often as most of you here), I just enjoy being there. If something seems old to me, I just enjoy something else.

girlface

Nooooooooooooo I love buzz! I personally think Laugh floor is a waste of space,its fun the first time then its just boreing.

Lucky

Some guests only go to MK. Not everyone spends enough time at WDW to go to all the parks. So I don't think they'll concentrate all the Pixar stuff at DHS.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Those attractions won't get moved because it would be like Disney saying they didn't fit to begin with.

From what I remember, there's only been 1 attraction that moved from one place to another in WDW, that was the "Magic Journeys" movie from Epcot to Magic Kingdom.

The Walt Disney movie was also moved from MK under the train station, to the Studios.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I think that Buzz will stay for a little bit while longer because it is a fairly popular attraction and it is good for the whole family. Also, Laugh Floor is pretty new so I'm not sure it will be going anywhere soon. Now I can see Stitch being taken out (PLEASE). But I hope they don't remove Carousel of Progress, one of my favorite attractions.

As for the line, TSM is a brand new attraction and of course the line is going to be huge. As for calming down, I would wait for about a year, because a lot of people take yearly trips and they would have already been on it so they will not make it a huge priority to ride it unless it becomes a favorite...just my opinion.

dvitali

As for morning traffic pattern at DHS I would think it would remain the same with everybody first heading to Tower and Rock and Roll Coaster first. That is ok with me because I head to Star Tour or Muppets first and sometime have the whole space pod or muppet hall to myself for the first show. I tend to travel around DHS in the opposit direction than most guest with New York street next, Light Motor next, backlot tour next, Now Pixar Place, little mermaid, amaintion tour, Great Movie ride, Lunch and Parade then down Sunset to Tower and Coaster before ending the day at Fantasmic.

EpcotServo

I think the morning traffic will be split...

Groups with more adults will lean towards sunset, whilst familes will lean more towards Midway Mania and Animation Courtyard.

Chape19714

Slight thread drift... I'm curious how TSM will affect traffic patterns at DHS. For years everyone came in and headed right for the Tower/RnRC. With a large number heading for TSM, does this mean wait times for the Tower and RnRC will be reduced? I guess you can throw GMR in the mix too, although I haven't seen a large line for that lately.
I know I'm anxious to see that.

I don't see them moving Buzz, and as for MI, it's not moving either.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Hey Randy, are you still working TSM? What is the prognosis of the attraction at this point? I've read lots of issues of it being down alot on Mothers Day. Have they fixed that problem and any word on soft openings starting now? I was expecting it to be open while Im there ( May 17th to the 24th ), but now Im reading that the opening is May 31st. Whats the current situation? Thanks for any info!

Mad-Jasper

Just wondering if anyone thinks that Disney would remove both Buzz and Monsters Inc from Tomorrowland and put Monsters inc in Pixar Place at the Studios and just do away with Buzz all together? Then they could use that whole building in the MK for a new attraction or two new attractions.

Also, do you guys think the TSM wait times will improve? I keep seeing hour and half waits at all these previews, is this due to something with the ride or is it mainly just because of the amount of people? Im hoping that this isn't going to be the next Soarin.

What is TSM?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom