Buzz Lightyear's new voice

Tigger1988

I have a very good camera, and the audio is always clear, but there were too many people screaming and if that wasn't enough, the ride stopped momentarily, so they were making announcements too... :shrug:

No, I get that. My comment wasn't a knock on you or your camera. I was saying that it's a bit odd that people can be so quick to deem it "terrible!!!!" when Buzz's vocals are a bit difficult to hear.

FutureWorld1982

Original Poster
No, I get that. My comment wasn't a knock on you or your camera. I was saying that it's a bit odd that people can be so quick to deem it "terrible!!!!" when Buzz's vocals are a bit difficult to hear.

Yeah, i agree, it is difficult to hear, and who knows, maybe they'll also add some musical effects soon.... :wave:

BRER STITCH

I didn't say anything about the script. I was talking about the audio quality of the video, not sure how anyone can form a definitive opinion based on it, really.

You're right...I did!

The script is different and that's all most folks needed to form an early opinion.
The tone and pace are not what they are used to and some people like it and a couple didn't.

Not everyone had a problem with the quality that prevented them from making a comparison and forming an opinion that you did. No biggie! :shrug:

redshoesrock

Hey guys,

Don't usually post here, but as a Buzz cast-member, I felt compelled to post.

Tim Allen has never been the voice of Buzz in any of the parks; the voice is done by veteran voice actor Pat Fraley, who does Buzz's voice for the theme parks and all Buzz merchandise. And yes, the "new" voice is indeed the Disneyland version, and done to make it easier for maintenance purposes.

So both the "old" and "new" voices are the same person, Pat Fraley.

Chape19714

It should also be noted that the sound has changed throughout the entire attraction, not just the pre-show. I noticed new noises in the load area, as well as the last scene where Zurg is defeated. Also, the volcano room seemed kinda quiet.

hokielutz

It should also be noted that the sound has changed throughout the entire attraction, not just the pre-show. I noticed new noises in the load area, as well as the last scene where Zurg is defeated. Also, the volcano room seemed kinda quiet.

From that video posted here it looked that the animation was completely not in sync with the speech, unlike the original set of animation. I hope this is just an early release of the audio and they will fine tune Buzz's motions so he doesn't look so fidgety, especially between the end and start of the voice loops. Also, I had liked his sweeping upward arms motion when he says "To Infinity and Beyond," in the original script.

Also the klaxon alarms & backround noises were not in sync with the speech either.... they seemed to be on the prior cycle, and I thought I heard a new klaxon alarm that was tied to Buzz's speech.

Hoping that the final WDW product will be fine tuned from whenever this video was taken.

blm07

Typical. Current WDI seems to have a hard time figuring out how to TURN THE VOLUME UP.

Other rides that are noticably quiet include:

Tower of Terror

In this case, it's too quiet in some areas, and too loud in others. Then there is the problem with random "pop" noises IN the soundtracks of the load elevators.

TheBeatles

My guess is the change was more for the sanity of the Cast Members who worked there and have to listen to it over and over and over and over and over and over and over......

:lol:

if that were true, then the same 8 or 9 songs from the '90s which play outside at the Contemp would be changed.

thelookingglass

In this case, it's too quiet in some areas, and too loud in others. Then there is the problem with random "pop" noises IN the soundtracks of the load elevators.
Yeah I noticed the popping, too. But none of the rides I've ridden recently had any part that was too "loud."

I mean, its a thrill ride, it should be loud, right?

blm07

Yeah I noticed the popping, too. But none of the rides I've ridden recently had any part that was too "loud."

I mean, its a thrill ride, it should be loud, right?

When it gets to the point where the speakers make extra noise or have weird "wavey" sound because it's too loud, yeah :(

It's not like that everywhere though.

Dragonrider1227

Hey guys,

Tim Allen has never been the voice of Buzz in any of the parks; the voice is done by veteran voice actor Pat Fraley, who does Buzz's voice for the theme parks and all Buzz merchandise. And yes, the "new" voice is indeed the Disneyland version, and done to make it easier for maintenance purposes.

Really? I never knew that. I'm surprised actually I mean, how busy is Tim Allen these days? :lol:
My first thought was that it sounded more like Tim Allen on an off day than full out someone else but I guess I'm proved wrong

jhastings74

Hey guys,

Thanks for the 'insider' info. That was great info I didn't know before. Don't lurk so much...feel free to come out and play more often! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom