Buzz Lightyear Queue Repainted

aladdin2007

Original Poster
The walls in the queue have been repainted a flat solid light purple, the theme and batteries are gone. Anyone know if this is just temporary with more to come or? It needed repainting but all the detail and theme is gone. Between this and the carousel of progress sign, ick! Oh there is a picture of the queue in the new orlando parkhopper column on miceage.com today.

Rowdy

I have no news, but you did refresh the lack of batteries in the queue line in my mind. I'm also very curious on this subject.

Biff215

That queue does take a beating and needed some help. I'm impressed that they're taking care of this without closing the attraction. It does look strange right now all purple, but hopefully they can use something more durable this time.

What's up with Toy Story rides and their queues getting beat up so bad???

TestTrack

That queue does take a beating and needed some help. I'm impressed that they're taking care of this without closing the attraction. It does look strange right now all purple, but hopefully they can use something more durable this time.

What's up with Toy Story rides and their queues getting beat up so bad???

Both toy story rides look like they had very very low budget for their queue's IMO. BLSRS has always looked pretty cheesy to me(I know its a cartoon) and TSMM isn't much better. They are nowhere near the quality of MS, EE (the only other two new attractions that come to mind that have impressive queues.

Figment1986

Was in there today, the CM said they are redoing it hopefully to not get such a beating it was getting before... Hopefully that doesn't mean paint it then put up Plexiglass panels over it like at midway.

Neverland

Both toy story rides look like they had very very low budget for their queue's IMO. BLSRS has always looked pretty cheesy to me(I know its a cartoon) and TSMM isn't much better. They are nowhere near the quality of MS, EE (the only other two new attractions that come to mind that have impressive queues.

Really? I always thought TSMM had a fantastic queue. Absolutely everything in it besides the queue poles is made out of giant toys, drawings, board games, etc. That's pretty neat. And when you board in Andy's room, it's like you're really toy-sized. DCA's queue is lame, but ours isn't.

stratman50th

RAnd when you board in Andy's room, it's like you're really toy-sized. DCA's queue is lame, but ours isn't.
Never even noticed it was Andy' room. See what you learn from this forum.
I guess by the time I got there I was so mind numb that I missed the surroundings.

PhilharMagician

I hope they finally replace the rubber flooring. That stuff is nearly worn right through with all of the traffic thru the Buzz Queue. The ride cars also need some TLC. They are beat up pretty bad.

ToTBellHop

High volume of grubby little boys!

I also see grubby little girls and grubby big adults vandalizing queue lines. I doubt it is the toddlers who leave their gum in every crevice or write obscene messages in the bathrooms (which are thankfully cleaned up almost immediately).

Behind every child behaving poorly is a useless parent. When I was a child, my parents certainly wouldn't have let me behave like some of these kids.

WDWmazprty

I also see grubby little girls and grubby big adults vandalizing queue lines. I doubt it is the toddlers who leave their gum in every crevice or write obscene messages in the bathrooms (which are thankfully cleaned up almost immediately).

Behind every child behaving poorly is a useless parent. When I was a child, my parents certainly wouldn't have let me behave like some of these kids.

:lol: Very true. Most kids misbehave because the parents dont discipline them right. Kids are spoiled today.

Neverland

:lol: Very true. Most kids misbehave because the parents dont discipline them right. Kids are spoiled today.

They're spoiled, but parents also don't care. There was an issue at Peter Pan yesterday that caused an e-stop. A kid got out on the wrong side of the boat because his parents weren't watching him. The parents didn't even notice that their child was doing something dangerous. He was crawling around on the set and his parents were just leaving the ride without him. When they got him back, they didn't even look worried about their kid, even though he could have rolled onto the track or something horrendous like that. I just wonder why some people feel that they should have children.

rct247

They're spoiled, but parents also don't care. There was an issue at Peter Pan yesterday that caused an e-stop. A kid got out on the wrong side of the boat because his parents weren't watching him. The parents didn't even notice that their child was doing something dangerous. He was crawling around on the set and his parents were just leaving the ride without him. When they got him back, they didn't even look worried about their kid, even though he could have rolled onto the track or something horrendous like that. I just wonder why some people feel that they should have children.

That reminds me of the time I overheard a CM talking to a guest who wanted to take their small child on an attraction with a height requirement they didn't meet. The CM went as far to ask "Do you want your child to get hurt?" and the lady didn't even respond as if she actually was having an internal debate with herself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom