Buying a Cyber-shot DSC-H1 Digital Camera

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hi guys! I'm thinking of buying this Cyber-shot DSC-H1 Digital Camera.

It's not coming out till June 16th, but it looks like the camera I've been waiting for. 12x zoom, good battery life, and it's supposed to take night shots very well. It also has a video function of 30fps at a 640x480 resolution, which is great because I'd like to share some simple videos as well.

I plan to use this camera when I go to the parks in July, and shoot lots of shots at night, as well as shots of subjets that are pretty far away. So this looks like the camera I'm gonna get. I think I can get it for about $450 from a place I know, which is about $50 cheaper than Sony's direct price.

I was just wondering if anyone has seen anything better that is around the same price range. Any pointers about this camera?

I found another review of it here if anyone is curious.

Thanks for your input! :)
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...DigitalCameras&ProductSKU=DSCH1&TabName=specs

Coree

I don't have any info about this new model coming out, but we have a Cyber Shot that is several years old now and it has been a great camera. It takes really good pictures and is durable (it's been dropped on cement twice and hasn't been hurt at all). If the old model is any indication, Sony makes a great camera.

bondskier

it sounds like a good camera, but i am not too impressed with sony's camera offerings. i was surprised to see this camera not include a carl zeiss lens, something that comes with the high end sony cameras. i personally have a panasonic lumix FZ15. it is a 4 MP camera, with all the other specs of the higher priced FZ20 which is 5MP, though the fz20 comes with a hotshoe and remote capabilities. all of the lumix cameras have high quality leica lenses. my camera, with the 12x zoom was 363$, and the fz20 is 490$. i would really recommend this camera as a "pre-SLR"
review page for fz20
i could have probably gotten a 4 megapixel camera for cheaper, but it wouldnt have had the leica lens and the build quality on these cameras is just amazing. i shoot with mine quite frequently, and although most of these are resized, here is a link to a gallery of some of my photos gallery

Figment1986

Hmm.. drapability.. Mabey i might try a sony next.. I love nykon.. but dropped it once still works but it needs servicing...

Sony is a good brand....

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Original Poster
bondskier said:
here are a few "selected samples." picture of my film camera, Canon AE-1 Program Close-Up night shot of a tree misc. shot Macro Shot of a cassette zoom shot, from about 300 feet away (my friends)
i really love this camera, and this summer, i'm going to cancun, london, and scotland and cannot wait to take it.

I'm quite impressed with your photos. Very amazed. But unfortunately I need to stay with Sony, as I don't want to invest more money in memory sticks. I have memory stick pro, and that's what I gotta stick to.

As for the carl zeiss, normally I'd agree, but Sony claims that their system is more advanced than the carl zeiss lens, and it was required to not have a carl zeiss because of the actual inner workings of the camera... carl zeiss has to be stationairy I guess, and the lenses in this one switch out or something, it's a different kind of design.

I don't know much about cameras, but I heard about this cam at a photo show I believe.

Has anyone else here used a Sony with the ultra stable shot or whatever it is? Can you really get good night shots without a tripod?

bondskier

ah, yeah, 4 major formats, memory is way too diverse. well, sounds like a really nice camera for 450$, good luck shooting, i'm sure you've got way nicer scenery than kansas city has to offer. i guess i better just make use of my vacations

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom