Busted Haunted Mansion speaker.

Yert3

Original Poster
I just got off HM but the speakers were in bad shape. It was hilarious! Ghost host sounded like a robot. I had to record it.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Yikes! Did you inform a CM at exit?

Busted speakers were fairly common 6+ years ago. I've experienced it at least twice over the years but it has gotten better. I have to wonder now if it's just that one carriage that's been like this for years and years never being fixed or if it's just an issue that cropped up recently during your visit. Hope they fix it regardless.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I just got off HM but the speakers were in bad shape. It was hilarious! Ghost host sounded like a robot. I had to record it.

It sounded more like a Texas Instrument Speak & Spell...
61xtjR0HYBL._AC_UL320_ML3_.jpg

WallyWorld

Slacktivism (slactivism or slackervism, a portmanteau of slacker and activism) is a pejorative term for "feel-good" measures in support of an issue or social cause. Slacktivism is showing support for a cause with the main purpose of boosting the egos of participants in the movement. The action may have little effect other than to make the person doing it feel satisfied that they have contributed

Yert3

Original Poster
Slacktivism (slactivism or slackervism, a portmanteau of slacker and activism) is a pejorative term for "feel-good" measures in support of an issue or social cause. Slacktivism is showing support for a cause with the main purpose of boosting the egos of participants in the movement. The action may have little effect other than to make the person doing it feel satisfied that they have contributed
What does that have to do with anything? If you’re under the assumption that I’m complaining, you’re mistaken. I wanted to share this with everybody because of how funny it sounded.

WallyWorld

What does that have to do with anything? If you’re under the assumption that I’m complaining, you’re mistaken. I wanted to share this with everybody because of how funny it sounded.
Why didn’t you bring it to someone’s attention....complaining here does nothing to help...

Goofyernmost

If that was the case they'd have to figure out which Doombuggy had the busted speaker..Not sure if they are numbered anywhere to determine which one had it.
I would think they must be numbered. If they had to get to someone in an emergency they might need to be able to easily locate them. If not, then I guess they have just been lucky over a lot of years.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not really the OP's job is it.........?
Most of my CM interactions were lackluster at best. I would have done the same thing, move to the next attraction and enjoy my vacay. Not look for some disgruntled CM who will most likely blow me off.
Always report something. Nine times out of ten you’ll be thanked and the report will be acted upon.

If they don’t know they can’t fix it.

NickMaio

Always report something. Nine times out of ten you’ll be thanked and the report will be acted upon.

If they don’t know they can’t fix it.
We have, many many times, the last few years we have been met with CM attitude and sometimes aggressiveness.
No more reporting for us.
WDW really needs to pay those people more and appreciate them for what they do.

MaryJaneP

After listening to the entire video, all of the other audio seems fine and it seems doubtful that any audio engineers, listening to the audio signals piped in to each scene, would hear any problem. The broken speakers seems to be limited to this one doombuggy that carried the OP. It definitely was funny and sounded like a very bad autotune of the ghost-host. We subscribe to the always mention things to the CMs on exit and we usually begin with something like a question, which seems to be more readily accepted than an accusation. We frequently say something along the lines of "We are not sure that it is usual for [insert observation here]".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom