Busses at SSR?

NOVAtraveler

Going to SSR two weeks from today. :sohappy: Is the bus "slowdown" affecting bus times to AK and Epcot? Or...is there a bus "slowdown"?

Never been to SSR before. Can I park my car near my room?

TwoTigersMom

Going to SSR two weeks from today. :sohappy: Is the bus "slowdown" affecting bus times to AK and Epcot? Or...is there a bus "slowdown"?

Never been to SSR before. Can I park my car near my room?

I'm not sure on the busses, but yes you will be able to park your car near your room. It's a beautiful resort! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

NOVAtraveler

Original Poster
Thanks much for parking info! Lived in Dothan as a kid (early 60s), grew up hearing War Eagle, fly down the field (and rollll tide). Loved living there.

Upvote 0

Abraham's Mommy

When we stayed at SSR last Septmeber, we found the bus service to be very disappointing. It is hard when you have a 2 year old who so wants to go see Mickey Mouse and you wait between 25-30 minutes for a bus to get there. Other than that, the resort was wonderful!

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

We stayed there in Feb. and never really had any bus problems, only once did we wait more than 10mins and we saw that bus pull away just before we got to the bus stop.

Upvote 0

NOVAtraveler

Original Poster
Well, since a)I'll have a car and b)it will be parked near my room, I can play it a bit by ear. If things are looking a bit slow, I'll drive.

Thanks all for the help.

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

Stayed at SSR in May and was a bit disappointed in the bus service. Waited 35 minutes to a bus to MK and DHS. If you have ADR make sure you give yourself enough time. Hopefully they have improved it by now.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Make sure you know what stop your room is at. It all looks the same late at night when you come back and most drivers do not know what rooms numbers are at each stop. :D

-dave

Upvote 0

dizniz6

We were just there last week and it was our first time staying at SSR but it was also our last (which is sad because the resort is beautiful). The busses were really terrible. We had to wait over an hour to get a bus to the Magic Kingdom one night. Another morning we waited 40 minutes for a bus to Animal Kingdom. On the way home from parks, a large line would be waiting for SSR while multiple busses went by for a single resort. We complained several times and they eventually had men at the bus stops with walkie talkies trying to regulate the busses, but the men were ineffective and were just as frustrated as the crowds waiting for a bus. It was a shame because other than the busses the resort was great.

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

if you're going to have a car i would just drive. there are 4-5 bus stops within SSR so its sort of a pain. id just drive pretty much no matter where you were staying, but especially at SSR my vote is to take your own car.

i thought the resort was beautiful especially since i spent my college years in the actual Saratoga Springs. but the size of it was a turn off for me. its HUGE so i think if i had had a car it would have been a little more enjoyable.

have a great time!!

Upvote 0

yankspy

Well, since a)I'll have a car and b)it will be parked near my room, I can play it a bit by ear. If things are looking a bit slow, I'll drive.

Thanks all for the help.
You will find different opinions on the bus service at any resort. I had no problem with them at SSR when I was there in March. However, as you can see, others have. The one thing that I would suggest is try and see if you can request a room that fits your needs because the resort is sort of spread out. If you think that you will use the snack shop a lot, then you will want to be close to the main building. There are also many rooms that have spectacular views of DTD.:)

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

We once went to Saratoga Springs on a WDW bus by accident.
We got on the wrong bus at Animal Kingdom.
It was a nice ride, going there and coming back.
The driver was kind enough to let us off at Animal Kindom Lodge, which is where we wanted to go.

:)

Upvote 0

Lucky

Is the bus "slowdown" affecting bus times to AK and Epcot? Or...is there a bus "slowdown"?
I'm curious also - has anyone recently returned from a WDW resort stay found the buses to be less frequent than usual? There was some talk that higher gasoline prices was causing them to cut back on bus service to the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom