Bus Fire at WDW

emoariel

Original Poster
I saw on the news the other day that while at Grad Night a charter bus burst into flames in the MK parking lot. There were pictures but the pictures were not online and no link to it on the news channel website. I think Disney stopped that before it got any farther than the local news where I am:zipit:. ( It was a Bus for a school in my area.)

Just lettin ya know!

raven

I saw on the news the other day that while at Grad Night a charter bus burst into flames in the MK parking lot. There were pictures but the pictures were not online and no link to it on the news channel website. I think Disney stopped that before it got any farther than the local news where I am:zipit:. ( It was a Bus for a school in my area.)

Just lettin ya know!

I saw the carnage from the monorail on Saturday morning but didn't swipe a picture of it. It looked as though it was just the engine in the rear of the bus. No damage to the cabin. And it was a tour bus not a school bus.

bgraham34

I saw the carnage from the monorail on Saturday morning but didn't swipe a picture of it. It looked as though it was just the engine in the rear of the bus. No damage to the cabin. And it was a tour bus not a school bus.

Carnage is such a strong word in this instance dont ya think.

emoariel

Original Poster

It was a Tour / charter type bus charted for a school.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
These happen far more than are reported - what, once or twice a year each year? Not bad considering the ammount of vehicles that travel to WDW in the heat.

The Mouse can`t stop freedom of speach in cases like this; like the bus fire I saw last October on World Drive it isn`t that big a news story.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

Just lettin ya know!

I don't think makes national news because there is no way for the media to smear Disney with it. Wasn't a Disney bus, the mouse didn't start the fire, so no way to besmearch (sp?) Disney.

smk

I don't think makes national news because there is no way for the media to smear Disney with it. Wasn't a Disney bus, the mouse didn't start the fire, so no way to besmearch (sp?) Disney.
Do you really think a charter bus, catching fire on Disney property, thru no fault of Disney, would make national news? I don't.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do you really think a charter bus, catching fire on Disney property, thru no fault of Disney, would make national news? I don't.
Should it? No.

Could it? Quite possibly. I'll bet had there been a serious injury or a death it would have made the national news rounds.

daringstoic

There's a video out on YouTube of a CP bus on fire in the Vista Way bus stop. I don't have the link to it, but I'm sure you could find it with a search.

pilka214

I was in the parking lot when it started, i saw them move the bus and everyone getting out. i was there for grad night, we were parked down the row from it. it went up pretty quick and apparently lasted a pretty long time. i woulda posted it earlier, but i was outta town all weekend.

Evo

Just lettin ya know!
It was a Charter bus for Port Charlotte High School. PCHS principal, students talk about bus fire.

Ev

mathew-westfall

Bus fires do happen more often than we think. Yesterday morning at Animal Kingdom a Disney bus caught on fire just before they turn through the cast member parking to exit. I tried to get a picture, but I was in a moving car. Reedy Creek had it put out within a few minutes even though flames were pouring out of both ends of the bus.

Claire L

Bus fires do happen more often than we think. Yesterday morning at Animal Kingdom a Disney bus caught on fire just before they turn through the cast member parking to exit. I tried to get a picture, but I was in a moving car. Reedy Creek had it put out within a few minutes even though flames were pouring out of both ends of the bus.

You mean this one?

AK_bus_fire_1.JPG

We were just leaving and walking to get a bus back to our resort!!

Claire

MAGICFLOP

I guess I don't understand what happened from looking at the 2 news links. They were returning home @ 4am? High school trips stay out that late? What were they doing til 4am at wdw?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom