Bus accident by Animal Kingdom.

draybook

That's a "windy road"? I'm not trying to be insensitive here, but on Google Maps, it doesn't appear to be that bad at all. When I think "windy road" I think of that road in San Francisco. Either way, I hope all ends well.

BrittanyRose428

From a CP who was on the bus (via Facebook)

"Okay, to clear any misunderstandings or confusion about the J bus accident, I have the story. It wasn't the bus driver's fault at all. I was in the accident and it was the scariest moment of my life (and I'm sure others). A woman came straight at us in our lane (I'm assuming she was texting and driving, but not sure) and I saw the head-on collision... That car was smashed like an accordion in the front and the windshield was smashed in as well - airbags out. Talk about "life flashing before your eyes" moment right there. Flames started in the engine of that car which caused the J bus to go up in flames as well. There were 15 of us on the CP bus and 8 were sent to the hospital. Majority of us were all thrown from our seats onto the floor and received either emotional scarring and/or physical injuries. The bus driver was amazing. Absolutely great, positive, calm, encouraging. He was then sent to the hospital after an hour or two once he could feel his injuries after the adrenaline stopped (along with others). Our bus went completely in flames and some of us lost everything we had with us on the bus - money, IDs, personal items, etc. The family that hit us were also sent to the hospital and they're in more serious condition then us. Please keep everyone in your prayers, tonight. ❤️"

invader

That's a "windy road"? I'm not trying to be insensitive here, but on Google Maps, it doesn't appear to be that bad at all. When I think "windy road" I think of that road in San Francisco. Either way, I hope all ends well.
Three pretty destinct curves where lane switching could happen, if one wasn't paying attention. If you've ever driven the road, you would understand.

draybook

Three pretty destinct curves where lane switching could happen, if one wasn't paying attention. If you've ever driven the road, you would understand.

What am I missing that Maps isn't showing me, though? I only see one major curve, right in front of what appears to be a power substation. I know I'm just judging this one by Google maps, but I just don't get how those are considered winding.

invader

I've driven that road a lot. I've never had a problem staying within the lines and staying on my side of the road.
Your sample of one really solves it, Dave. Guess everyone is always paying attention like you. Information hasn't been released as to what caused the car to be on the wrong side of the road. Could've been texting, could've had a medical emergnecy, maybe even drifted lanes on accident. Not sure. Just putting it out that there lane switching could very easily happen on Sherberth. Very unfortunate situation.

WhatJaneSays

What am I missing that Maps isn't showing me, though? I only see one major curve, right in front of what appears to be a power substation. I know I'm just judging this one by Google maps, but I just don't get how those are considered winding.

It really is just the one curve that's the issue. Mind you it's tight, non-banked, blind, and not designed for the kind of traffic that uses it.

I have to drive Sherberth at least twice a week during busy times and it's a disaster. With two lanes coming off property merging into one right at the curve it's like a constant game of "chicken" with people in the outside lane trying to cut in at the last possible second. Even though it's the shortest/fastest way for me to go a certain way I'll take a longer route to avoid it.

s8film40

That curve is very tight. There's even signs there as well as a reduced speed limit, which more than likely means if someone did drift out of the lane they were very likely speeding also.

DHSCM

It would be unlikely that a Disney Transport bus would be on this road, and more recent reports state this was not a Disney bus. The bus in question was operated by Super Transportation of Florida. College Program buses have traditionally been alternated between TransStar and American Coach.
it was 100% the CP bus even in the video you can see the cast members in there costumes running.

Castle Cake Apologist

I don't have too much to add, but I did hear that the woman driving the SUV has had other issues in the past with traffic-related infractions. Could just be Cast Member rumors though.

Goofyernmost

Right at the end, just before you get to the intersection by AK, the area around the power station are 90 degree corners going in both directions. I don't know if that is where the accident was though. The rest of it clear through to Rte. 192 is straight as an arrow.

Disone

it was 100% the CP bus even in the video you can see the cast members in there costumes running.

I see cast members crossing the street. IDK if the were CP's, I too would have thought so but there were also non costumed people crossing the street, they may have been on lookers and good samaritans. I am just sharing that I have not credible source telling me it was a CP bus and by now I would normally have that. I won't say either way for now.....

EDIT: Was just convinced by a post it was a CP bus. scary post.

Last edited:

s8film40

Right at the end, just before you get to the intersection by AK, the area around the power station are 90 degree corners going in both directions. I don't know if that is where the accident was though. The rest of it clear through to Rte. 192 is straight as an arrow.
Really the real root of the problem is that the road doesn't twist and turn too much other than the curve. Drivers have a nice long straightaway and then have to slow down drastically to take the curve.

DHSCM

I see cast members crossing the street. IDK if the were CP's, I too would have thought so but there were also non costumed people crossing the street, they may have been on lookers and good samaritans. I am just sharing that I have not credible source telling me it was a CP bus and by now I would normally have that. I won't say either way for now.....

EDIT: Was just convinced by a post it was a CP bus. scary post.
the reason some where in street clothes is because not al cast members go to work in costume some change once they get there also the CP busses leave from the apt complexes so people on there days off utilize the busses to go to the parks on there days off. I made the statements I did because I had enough sources to back that it was indeed the cp bus, also have cp friends who confirmed with me.

Disone

the reason some where in street clothes is because not al cast members go to work in costume some change once they get there also the CP busses leave from the apt complexes so people on there days off utilize the busses to go to the parks on there days off. I made the statements I did because I had enough sources to back that it was indeed the cp bus, also have cp friends who confirmed with me.
Your fine. I made the statements I did because the bus does not look like the typical bus CP housing uses, again are normally TransStar or Coach USA, which I earlier incorrectly called American Coach. Anyway, dispite all that, does seem to be a CP bus. Not that it matters, what matters is everyone is okay.

themktgmouse

The cast member mentioned above did not die in the crash but due to other causes. We should probably remove his name. Everyone on the bus is okay and one member of the family in the SUV had more serious injuries. They are expected to be okay but keep them in your thoughts.

TeriofTerror

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom