Bummed that Pirates will be closed for our trip..

DVCPluto

Pirates was down more than it was up during my last trip to WDW last year despite it not being under refurbishment.

Can you blame them? The rum was gone!
IMG_0331_zpsqt32la6r.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Funny, I have literally never been to Disney with Pirates closed for refurbishment and I've seen it temporarily closed maybe 2-3 times. I've been around 75+ times..
Conversely last September it was down daily. Sometimes more than once a day.

Prog

Where do people come up with this stuff?
They stopped loading the last row for a while for what most assume was that very reason. A guy jammed his fingers and lost a decent part of his hand, and while he acknowledged that it was entirely negligence on his part and didn't sue, TWDC lawyers would probably do anything to prevent lawsuit excuses. So that's how such rumors could start, I suppose.
Same thing in March.

Chef Mickey

That's just incredible.
They stopped loading the last row for a while for what most assume was that very reason. A guy jammed his fingers and lost a decent part of his hand, and while he acknowledged that it was entirely negligence on his part and didn't sue, TWDC lawyers would probably do anything to prevent lawsuit excuses. So that's how such rumors could start, I suppose.
Same thing in March.
Any link to article? What exactly did the guy do and why did it happen?

Mouse_Trap

The guy (a Brit) put his hand outside the boat. You can guess what happened.

He admit full liability.

Thankfully we still have some people who take responsibility for their actions.
They may be dumb, but at least they know it and don't blame someone else.

In contrast, you may have heard about the accident on 'The Smiler' in Alton Towers. The family of one of the riders who was 'critically injured' are already talking about they are expecting big comppo from the park.
I'm not saying they shouldn't get any, or that they won't get any. It just feels very crass to be taking about it when they relative is still in critical care. It's not even like they are going to need money for medical bills etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom