Bummed that Pirates will be closed for our trip..

ChadInOKC

Last time we rode it was December of last year. We had never really gotten wet on it before last year. We were seated in the first row and we all took a full-face, no holes barred drenching. (Worse than splash mountain)To make it worse, it was like 40 something degrees outside. We were miserable through our fireworks desert party:hungover:. It definitely needs some work. Hopefully, it will be all good when we are back in October! ;)

ChadInOKC

I heard the main reason was because of the boats taking on too much water/people getting TOO wet. Can't fix stupid with people keeping hands in the boat. Haha

DisneyGirl3820

I'm right there with you. Going in August and so disappointed. One of my favorite attractions. It's not going to be the same. All I can do is walk close to the scaffolding and try to take in some of that POTC magic.

blueboxdoctor

I know the feeling, last trip it was closed almost every day, was open I believe only the first night, so I got on it during extra hours sometime between midnight and 1 AM.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

You mean his finger isn't still stuck in the parts, causing the boats to take on water, the AA to fail, and years of poor maintenance to finally manifest themselves suddenly overnight?

spn_gasp-gif.gif

Prog

Don't they need to referbish it because someone put their hand in the water and got their fingers chopped off?
No.
The refurbishment is necessitated because the propulsion system fails multiple times a week, the ride is "temporarily closed" for a good portion of the day, show lighting has drifted substantially out of focus, audio balance and quality is abysmal, the projection works half the time, a guest is lucky to see a cannon blast, audio animatronics are running under potential because of a lack of maintenance, the new boats are heavier and travel down the waterfall at an angle that drenches guests and cause the boat to become too heavy for proper propulsion, a mass backup at the end of the ride often stretches to the dirty foot and causes potentially fatal derailments, the story with Jack Sparrow makes no sense, and at least two audio animatronics have become sentient and are vowing to awaken their Californian brethren to resurrect the frozen body of Walt under the DL ride.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
After having ridden the DL version in April, our ride last month at WDW was a disappointment. And Prog is correct in his description of the issues. I didn't realize Pirates HAD a cannon blast until I rode Disneyland's. We can only hope this refurb will be more like Disneyland's and less like the muck up done to WDW's Space Mountain.

We rarely ride it anymore, mainly because the ride is down more than it is operating.

Lucky

No.
The refurbishment is necessitated because the propulsion system fails multiple times a week, the ride is "temporarily closed" for a good portion of the day, show lighting has drifted substantially out of focus, audio balance and quality is abysmal, the projection works half the time, a guest is lucky to see a cannon blast, audio animatronics are running under potential because of a lack of maintenance, the new boats are heavier and travel down the waterfall at an angle that drenches guests and cause the boat to become too heavy for proper propulsion, a mass backup at the end of the ride often stretches to the dirty foot and causes potentially fatal derailments, the story with Jack Sparrow makes no sense, and at least two audio animatronics have become sentient and are vowing to awaken their Californian brethren to resurrect the frozen body of Walt under the DL ride.
Cool - I hope they don't fix that last problem.

Chef Mickey

After having ridden the DL version in April, our ride last month at WDW was a disappointment. And Prog is correct in his description of the issues. I didn't realize Pirates HAD a cannon blast until I rode Disneyland's. We can only hope this refurb will be more like Disneyland's and less like the muck up done to WDW's Space Mountain.

We rarely ride it anymore, mainly because the ride is down more than it is operating.
Funny, I have literally never been to Disney with Pirates closed for refurbishment and I've seen it temporarily closed maybe 2-3 times. I've been around 75+ times.

I seem to have felt the canon blast at WDW a lot more than people here.

I do hate the boat backup at the end of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom