Build your own Light Saber at disney

Slipknot

Not that much to it. Just a couple of pieces on both sides (the same pieces at that). It was basically that $30 package but without all the pieces at your disposal when you want them. I was unimpressed, but the "nerds" were out in force (no pun intended).

Kalikala

I'm surprised that it's only at the toy shop, and not at Star Tours- you'd think they would hit more of the target demographic there!

Add this to the list of credit card debt I'll be paying off till I'm 50!

natalia1681

I'm surprised that it's only at the toy shop, and not at Star Tours- you'd think they would hit more of the target demographic there!

I agree. It makes more sense for it to be at Star Tours, since I'll already be in that Star Wars mood.:rolleyes:

Connor002

Isn't it a bit complicated for the kiddies?

lightsaber-1.jpg

Slipknot

With the size of just the display for it, there wouldn't be that much space for it in the shop.

Penndragon85

I went!!

I went!! Sorry no pictures...The set up was really cool, its in the third room or kinda second room if you don't count the plush toy room. Its in the one with the big train set above you. But anyway I think they removed the mornail track toy display I can't remember. They set up is cool there are screens above it that play lightsaber battles/ and music from the movies. Also there is a moving lightsaber at the top of the display that moves back and forth.

Okay but here is the bad stuff. The directions for them are very hard ( mostly because they are on the table where you build it, in small font and is usually covered in parts)... you don't know really what part goes to what. The hardest part I had was getting the crystal in. Its going to be hard for young kids to figure out. So Parents do help your kids with this b/c the castmember was having diffcult trying to get the kids to listen.

and the batteries you get once you buy it. But its really nice and I think as long as they have the directions bigger and better this whole idea will turn out nice.

PS: I'm going back to get one probably just because its so cool!:D

F'nGoofy

I made one of these with my son this week. It came out great. The directions were a little tricky, but it all worked out good in the end. Right now they only have one handle, but it looks like they will have a bigger selection down the road. He ended up making a double ended lightsaber, although only one end lights up. When you are done, they give you batteries to make sure it works, and give you a special pin (either Jedi or Sith) as well. not too bad for twenty bucks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom