Build your own Light Saber at disney

EpcotServo

I got one the other day. It turned out really good. What can I say? Fun for the whole family. After you buy them, make sure to go out into the middle of Downtown Disney and fight em'.
:lol:

daguru

They are just plastic, just like the normal lightsabers that Hasbro sales, the same pieces and parts used in those sabers...

One problem with the sabers themselves, they only have two blade colors, clear and red. You can use different color lenses to make colored blades, but they don't come out very well....

Maybe if this idea takes off, they will have some green, blue, and purple blades (instead of colored lenses)....

My wife loves her new saber, I passed, these pale in comparrison to my MR.... :)

EpcotServo

One problem with the sabers themselves, they only have two blade colors, clear and red. You can use different color lenses to make colored blades, but they don't come out very well....
Put two lenses in. That's what worked with mine. Came out nice and green. I don't suggest purple though, because even if you add two lenses it comes out white.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would love to have one of those.
I am lucky or foolish enough to have 2.

The Fury was my first

2.jpg

Followed by the Double helix.

helix2.jpg

I hope to get an Echelon in the next year or two. But it is kind of hard to justify $300 and up for what is essentially art that hangs on my wall.

3.jpg

nemobruce

Sorry no pictures. But just got back and the kids and I had a great time building one. If anyone does do this goto Target or Walmart and get the upgrade LED bulb for C and D battery flashlights it makes the lightsaber brighter.

mrtoad

I think my and my daughter will be doing some building together. I mean she can't just have one and play by herself right...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think my and my daughter will be doing some building together. I mean she can't just have one and play by herself right...
That sounds like very good logic to me.:D

EDIT : I'll be in DTD next Thursday. I'll make a point of going by there and getting some pictures if none get posted before then.

mrtoad

I am lucky or foolish enough to have 2.

The Fury was my first

2.jpg

Followed by the Double helix.

helix2.jpg

I hope to get an Echelon in the next year or two. But it is kind of hard to justify $300 and up for what is essentially art that hangs on my wall.

3.jpg

I could not afford it but people do pay that much and more for art so you could justify it that way if you can swing it. I couldn't but would love to.

3fordisney

Oh me! My husband and son are going to want this when we go in April. Do I tell them about it??? My husband was sooo into Star Wars as a kid. I think he still lives in the eighties!

Jessie&Buzz

Why couldn't they have had them in Dec? My almost 4 year old is a Star Wars nut! He eats, sleeps and breaths Star Wars! I guess we'll just have to plan another trip soon!

mrtoad

That sounds like very good logic to me.:D

EDIT : I'll be in DTD next Thursday. I'll make a point of going by there and getting some pictures if none get posted before then.

Thanks, that would be great.

I am also going to get her 2 shields and swords from Norway as well. Her best buddy in school is a boy so she is into quite a bit of boy stuff but is also a princess nut. She especially likes Leia and well as Padme. So she can be princess (or queen) and still be a weapon toting karate kicking hero.

bhg469

SOOOOOO SOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL, Thanks for posting that. So a double ended lightsaber is also 20? Seems like a bonus.

scbb11Sketch

A double ended lightsaber is the same price, but only the one side lights up, so it looks kind of weird. I got a single blade but with all the color chips and all the sound crystals plus both pins. It was fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom