Build-A-Bear & RideMakerz Closing at Downtown Disney for New Dining

mickEblu

In N Out used to use cottonseed oil and sometime within the last year switched to Non-GMO expeller pressed sunflower oil for the fries.

Wow you re kidding me. I knew something was different. Thank you for confirming I’m not crazy. Everyone I asked said they didn’t notice anything. I think they feel lighter and crispier now.

Miceberg

Wow you re kidding me. I knew something was different. Thank you for confirming I’m not crazy. Everyone I asked said they didn’t notice anything. I think they feel lighter and crispier now.
You're not crazy, at least I don't think so, haha. ;) My DD has worked there for 7 years so I asked her and she gave me the info.

Miceberg

Haha thanks. Out of curiosity did you ask because you also noticed something was different or after you saw my post?
Both! I used to get an upset stomach after eating the fries (which didn't stop me from ordering them every time) and recently I've been fine so when I read your post I thought I'd kill 2 birds w/one stone.

TP2000

Original Poster
Just checked out the Black Tap website for their four New York City locations. The prices don't bother me, and actually seem comparable to Umami Burger in downtown Anaheim. SoCal is very expensive, so New York prices are comparable (even surprisingly so, or a tad cheaper than SoCal).

But the vibe from their website is painfully hipster. They are trying very, very hard there. Too hard. Their website looks like a satirical joke send up of a hipster restaurant website. Except they aren't trying to be funny, they are just trying. Really, really trying.

https://blacktapnyc.com/our-story/

SoCal is also hip, but it's also very laid back and knows when people are trying too hard. Black Tap is trying way too hard.

Let's hope they take it down a notch for Disneyland and just focus on good food and good service in a stylish environment. They should focus on quality and service and less on Instagram accounts.

Last edited:

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Just checked out the Black Tap website for their four New York City locations. The prices don't bother me, and actually seem comparable to Umami Burger in downtown Anaheim. SoCal is very expensive, so New York prices are comparable (even surprisingly so, or a tad cheaper than SoCal).

But the vibe from their website is painfully hipster. They are trying very, very hard there. Too hard. Their website looks like a satirical joke send up of a hipster restaurant website. Except they aren't trying to be funny, they are just trying. Really, really trying.

https://blacktapnyc.com/our-story/

SoCal is also hip, but it's also very laid back and knows when people are trying too hard. Black Tap is trying way too hard.

Let's hope they take it down a notch for Disneyland and just focus on good food and good service in a stylish environment. They should focus on quality and service and less on Instagram accounts.
"modernized for the Instagram age"
tenor.gif

What am I supposed to do with my food? Eat it or take pictures of it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom