Bugs Life!

Grim Grinner

Actually, this WAS the one at Animal Kingdom, right under the tree of life.

During my second trip I examined the holes and "stingers". Small pneumatic pumps pop the stingers out... The second time the stingers seemed weaker.

I still have a small scar from my first viewing. I may have been a fluke accident. Needless, the It's Tough to Be a Bug is a show I'll never forget!

Man, what a wild experience. I love the show. I think the worse thing about the show was the smell from the stink bug!! BTW, why are some people calling it a "ride". I consider this a show.

wishiwere@wdw

I love the show. Actually, we make sure we make a visit each and every time. However, being a very skinny guy with back problems, I also was "hurt" by the stinger. I still laughed all the way out of the place but it did bruise me because it hit me right on the spine. I now make certain that I lean forward to avoid injury. Crap happens ya know.... I do wish they made them poke a bit softer as it does feel like you are being shot by a nail gun!

BMC

I was fortunate not to get "stung"...I guess mine wasn't working or maybe every person doesn't receive it...but I was hysterically laughing when my boyfriend jumped out of his seat in surprise...I had no clue what was going on...and to see a big guy jump in fear was the funniest thing ever. I thought he was losing his mind! He said it hurt, but I think its more the surprise that gets you! :lol:

I have to say after viewing the show in 2000 with my then 5 yr old that 1) the stinger hurt, I felt it for hours after that, and 2) he loved the show, having seen it the previous year with his mother. He also got a real kick out of me getting "stung" because he leaned forward and didn't clue me in, the little stinker..just like his Dad. Anyway it's a great show and with wasps flying around you should expect that Disney has a surprise in store for you....

Erika

Originally posted by Grim Grinner
Actually, this WAS the one at Animal Kingdom, right under the tree of life.

During my second trip I examined the holes and "stingers". Small pneumatic pumps pop the stingers out... The second time the stingers seemed weaker.

I still have a small scar from my first viewing. I may have been a fluke accident. Needless, the It's Tough to Be a Bug is a show I'll never forget!

Wow! We went in 1998 and 2000. I guess you're one of the "lucky" ones!! Sorry to hear about that!

danesporty

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Mmmm...maybe my nerve receptors were off, but my poke was more on the bottom than in the back. Strange.

They poke you in the back and on the bottom. They are at different times though. On the bottom is at the very end as the little bug friends leave.

danesporty

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Mmmm...maybe my nerve receptors were off, but my poke was more on the bottom than in the back. Strange.

What I found really interesting about Bug's Life was some of the comments I had read about young children being traumatized by the show. I thought No Way, it's only a 3-D film! But, when I saw it for the first time and those spiders dropped, about 3-4 parents headed for the exit doors with screaming hysterical children. I thought - Wow, the power of Disney!

They poke you in the back and on the bottom. They are at different times though. On the bottom is at the very end as the little bug friends leave.

Sorry for posting guys.

DixieBelle97

Originally posted by Tot Fan:

How many of you have noticed at the end of the ride of "It's Tough to be a Bug" the little pokey things that poke you in the back are somewhat, painful. My little cousin went on it (9) and her back hurt for sometime. And my family was saying how it poked them pretty hard. What do you guys think?

I totally agree. I really hurts. When I was 12, I went on it. I was in pain for about 1/2 hour I think. I will never go on it again, plus, I don't like bugs.

Liver Lips

I realize everyone is different. I found nothing painful or scary about this attraction and they do give ample warning for more sensitive people. There were so many warning signs I thought it was really gonna be bad but it was just plain ol' FUN!!!!

Attachments

• im000268.jpg
    im000268.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 89

Tot Fan

Original Poster
No.

I have been on the ride many times before, it wasn't the suprise because we all knew what to expect and when to expect it. I don't know, maybe just every once and awhile or every other seat or something the stingers shoot out a little harder. All I know, is that it's not one of my favorite rides.:)

Weevil Kneevil

i believe that you only get stung once in the back in the animal kingdom bug show. i worked that show for seven months and i never felt two stings. one thing i always found funny, was when people would put their feet up at the end because they thought that mice were going to run at their feet. they get a bigger suprise when the butt bugs exit the theater first. :drevil:

WDWKing

I'll never forget when I went on It's Tough To Be A Bug in AK. We went on it right after Kali and I was drenched then sitting on those plastic-wood benches in sopping jeans. It was kinda uncomfortable. But the poke didn't bother us.

Tot Fan

Original Poster
Re: No.

Originally posted by Tot Fan
I have been on the ride many times before, it wasn't the suprise because we all knew what to expect and when to expect it. I don't know, maybe just every once and awhile or every other seat or something the stingers shoot out a little harder. All I know, is that it's not one of my favorite rides.:)

When I said stingers, I meant all of them in the room. I know two of them don't poke you, that would be very uncomfortable.:)

redkenwolf

I have a phobia of needles and since bees are little versions of flying needles I am also very freaked out by them. However, the poke (from what I remember) didn't really hurt that much but just the idea of it is freaky. I loved the ride and a lot of kids who rode with us were on a field trip and they didn't seem scared at all. I was more jealous becuase I would have killed for a field trip to DW when I was in elementary school.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom