Buffet....which are best??

epcotWSC

Big fan of Cape May as many have said. Chef Mickey's is also great. I judge the buffets by their deserts, and Cape May and Chef Mickey are amazing.

RussJT

Boma and Crystal Palace are my two favorites. They are good for breakfast or dinner.

Chef Mickeys is very good.
1900 Park Fare is great for Cinderella character dinner. I have not been there for breakfast.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Just got back from the World. Crystal Palace for breakfast was great, as always.

We had Hollywood & Vine for lunch and we were not impressed at all. I don't think I'll be going back there.

kathyjacks

We ate mostly buffets on our 10 day trip. The best was by far Ohana's.Its not a buffet but is an all you can eat. They just bring it to your table. Second choice would be Whispering Canyon.Third would be a tie between 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace.We only ate dinner , no breakfast as I think eggs and sausage is eggs and sausage no matter where you get it :ROFLOL:but as you can tell we aren't breakfast people. If you like breakfast then well I couldn't tell ya.:lookaroun

captainkidd

In terms of food, they're all pretty much the same. Crystal Palace is the nicest, while Chef Mickey's has a great atmosphere.

The only one I will never do again is Tusker House. The character interaction was abysmal. My kids got about 4 seconds with each character. Yeah, um, I'm not paying $20 per person for some muffins and microwaved scrambled eggs.

KristieLC

We just got back! Crystal Palace was my favorite Character Buffet. We went for Breakfast, although Ohana was my absolute favorite breakfast but it isn't a buffet. Tusker House was my favorite non character buffet - we went for lunch and it was really good with a variety of choices. My son was able to eat kid friendly things that didn't include just chicken nuggets and fries, my picky husband got his fill of meat and potatoes, and I could try a variety of things I never had before. The desserts are so good too! The one I will never go to again is Hollywood and Vine. It was horrible and we felt completely rushed out because they were cleaning up the buffet line a few minutes after we were seated and when it came time to pay, our server disappeared for a while after giving us our bill so we had to find someone else to find her.

Disney_Belle

We are traveling with a group of 15 in January, and we booked a lot of buffets for the sanity and happiness of us all.

Our favorites are Chef Mickey's and the Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness.

Also O'hana was fun too even though it is a family style not technically a "buffet" but still plenty to choose from, we still love it :)

Phonedave

I like Tusker House for lunch

I like the Biergarten

Those two are a step up on the buffet food ladder. Buffet food is never going to be exceptional, but these two are both quite good

Ohana, while not a buffet, is also good. However your choices there are limited, so for your reasons (large group, choices, etc) it really does not fit the bill. Take a look at the menu, and if it's somthing everybody lkes, then go. If not, then its not going to work for you

As far as places that serve your normal run-of-the-mill buffet fare (two carving stations, cold salads, 2 fish choices, 3 hot vegatables, 2 starches, and a dessert bar with the requisite make your own sundae) my vote goes for Crystal Palace. They keep the service line clean and well stocked and whats supposed to be hot, is hot. What is supposed to be cold, is cold.

-dave

bakemma

We did NOT like Crystal Place. We were told to arrive 15 minutes early and were not seated for another 45 minutes. By then it was lunch and they moved the breakfast foods over to a small area, what little offered was awful. I showed the manager, she told us to go ahead and eat the lunch foods, as soon as we went to fill our plates another employee told us we could not eat from the fresh selections, we could not find the manager again and left over $100 poorer and hungry. :cry:

jen2009

I would say Chef Mickeys for breakfast. This is really great if you have kids. Ohanas for dinner, even though its not quite a buffet. They just bring it to your table and you let them know when your done. Have had Cape May and the food was bad the two times we went. Maybe they were just having off days during the two trips we ate their.:shrug: Have never tried Crystal Palace, but is on the agenda for our March trip to the world.

racordatha

We just went for Thanksgiving... At at 1900 Park Fare for Dinner it was good ...atmosphere was fun. Chef Mickey's for Thanksgiving hands down our favorite by everyone (teenage son and husband raved best meal of trip,

also did family style all you can eat at Liberty Tree Tavern and Breakfast with the princess at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. They were great.

UKHelen

Family style we love Crystal Palace and after experiencing Ohana would try there again although not much variety other than meat!

Crystal Palace - had both breakfast and dinner and although both good personally we preferred dinner (also both times we were celebrating something - our honeymoon and then anniversary and we got a heart shape of Mickey sprinkles on the table.....)

Boma - tried it twice and enjoyed it both times but not in a rush to go back a third time!

wvdisneyfamily

Here's my list.

1. 1900 Park Fare (strawberry soup :slurp:)
2. Liberty Tree Tavern (not really a buffet - family style)
3. Whispering Canyon Cafe (again, family style)
4. Boma

Tinkerbella16

Chef Mickeys is our favorite buffet, especially for breakfast. They have a variety of so many different things and the food is great. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom