• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report Buffalo, Bugs, and Beer - A lostpro9het Surf 'n' Turf report.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Thursday May 16th, Day at sea, cont.

Our final night of rotational dining had us at Animators Palate. I think I prefer AP on the Fantasy a lot more than The Dream. The animated drawing finale on the Fantasy is a lot of fun. Talking with Crush during dinner aint so bad but the focus with the talks is on the kids, as it should be. Anyhow, last night of dining can always have a somber tone as this is usually the last goodbyes between table mates and serving staff.
IMG_6696.JPG
IMG_6697.JPG
IMG_6698.JPG
IMG_6699.JPG
IMG_6701.JPG
IMG_6702.JPG
IMG_6700.JPG

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Advertisement
Thursday May 16th, Day at sea, cont.

We don't typically mix things up at AP because the menu is pretty simple and we know what we like. Tonight would have a twist towards the middle, though. For starters we went with the tried and true truffle pasta and Soranno ham.
IMG_6703.JPG
IMG_6704.JPG

For mains I went with the beef tenderloin and the DW had the chicken.
IMG_6705.JPG
IMG_6706.JPG

While ordering we asked Leo about the "unwritten" menu that was suppose to include various curries. He acted like it was common knowledge and told us he would bring our some variety. This variety included a pair of curries, basmati rice, and flatbread. The curry was very good and I could easily add it to my regular rotation.

IMG_6707.JPG

For desserts we went with chocolate fudge cheesecake and the crunchy walnut cake.
IMG_6710.JPG
IMG_6711.JPG

Crush paid another visit during dessert.
IMG_6708.JPG

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Thursday May 16th, Day at sea, cont. and Friday May 17th,

During dinner Leo gave us the lowdown on the breakfast process during disembarkation. We had the option to walk off the boat as soon as the ship was cleared or we could come back to AP for breakfast. We told him we would be back for breakfast in the AM and bid our table mates a good night. As we returned to our room we could see that Nicki had been busy.
IMG_6712.JPG

It was a beautiful full moon out and we enjoyed the last few minutes from our veranda.
IMG_6713.JPG

We did get to grab a quick selfie with Nicki before the night was over with.
IMG_6715.JPG

We skipped the evening events tonight in lieu of doing some final packing and getting some rest before we disembarked for a day at the parks. We slept great and morning came fast and beautifully.
IMG_6717.JPG
IMG_6718.JPG
IMG_6719.JPG

MinnieM123

I'm consistently impressed with the meals, throughout your entire cruise. Everything looked so tasty (especially since I'm here eating a cheese sandwich for dinner. LOL . . . ;) ) The presentation of everything they served was so attractive as well. :)

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Friday May 17th, cont.

So we got up to a beautiful morning, collected our things and made our way down to AP. Back at table 89 it looked like Team Buffalo and Team Canada decided to walk off early today as we had the whole table to ourselves.
IMG_6720.JPG

Most of AP was pretty lite this morning.
IMG_6721.JPG

We started things off with coffee and went with some pancakes for the ride home.
IMG_6722.JPG
IMG_6723.JPG
IMG_6724.JPG

We said our goodbyes to Leo and wished him well with hopes of seeing him again in the future. He and his staff were excellent this trip.
IMG_6727.JPG

With that, we made for customs then Bay Lake Tower. Did I mention the bug?
IMG_6728.JPG

I'm consistently impressed with the meals, throughout your entire cruise. Everything looked so tasty (especially since I'm here eating a cheese sandwich for dinner. LOL . . . ;) ) The presentation of everything they served was so attractive as well. :)
They do a great job of plating and presentation of some great food. To be fair, we don't know if this is "cruise normal" or just DCL flair. We will have a comparison this Thanksgiving as we dip our toes in the Norwegian Cruise Line waters in between a few DCL trips.

blreinsel

Of course we do! Sadly, probably 98% of the members here, and one ornery grammar nazi, probably think you've been drinking the Prophet kool-aid a little too hard. ;-)
😂🙊

Is Prophet kool-aid different than a Castaway Cocktail? 😏 I think that both varieties fuel my DCL obsession, so I’m fine with it either way.

Zipitidoda

We will have a comparison this Thanksgiving as we dip our toes in the Norwegian Cruise Line waters in between a few DCL trips.
Wait, What!!? Just when I think you can't surprise me anymore, you go and do something like this. I'm very interested in your comparison. Especially since we're going to be on RCL in January.

imahistorygeek

Wait, What!!? Just when I think you can't surprise me anymore, you go and do something like this. I'm very interested in your comparison. Especially since we're going to be on RCL in January.
We are going in with Managed Expectations™. We know it will be different and that's ok. The same cruise for Disney is insane in price. We are just going to relax and have fun.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Friday May 17th, cont.

So we had a pretty uneventful drive to the bubble. We checked our bags with BLT bell service and walked over to MK. Love being able to walk to MK. The park was hopping.
IMG_6729.JPG

We had some FPs lined up for this morning and first up was JC. Nothing like "front of the line access" our FPs are providing us! We spent the extra time we had in line to book an ADR for lunch. Well payed Iger...well paid.
IMG_6730.JPG

We eventually made our way up to meet our skipper and got our journey underway.
IMG_6731.JPG
IMG_6732.JPG

We had a decent skipper and there were a few newbs on board that got to hear the jokes for the first time and their reaction is just as enjoyably as the skipper's act. As we exited we made for lunch. We ended up getting an ADR for LTT and pretty much walked in and were seated.
IMG_6733.JPG
IMG_6734.JPG
IMG_6735.JPG

The DW and I were in tune for lunch today, we both had a hankering for some fish and chips and LTT obliged us!
IMG_6739.JPG

Speaking of obliging, LTT is playing the game now and we ordered up a couple of proper drinks.
IMG_6737.JPG
IMG_6738.JPG

I know, right! Fear not, though, we have an array of DCL trips in the shoot right now including one in 43 days! As my bride said, going in with some seriously managed expectations. NCL is helping me manage mine by providing us unlimited adult beverages on this trip as well as free wifi and upgraded dining. We added a night at VGF and AKL after cruise to start the rehabilitation process.

imahistorygeek

We had not been to LTT in quite a while. I believe the last time we were there I ordered Thanksgiving food. I just remember the Florida water. This latest meal was actually really good. I think I remember a long time ago getting fish at Columbia Harbour House, but it's not served anymore. It was nice meal at LTT and I would definitely eat again. UFO by Harpoon is pretty dang good, too. Pumpkin UFO is my absolute fav pumpkin beer.

imahistorygeek

It’s still served at CHH, you just can’t get it by itself like you could in the past. It’s now served as a combo with shrimp and/or chicken.
That's good to know. I'm always on the lookout for fried fish. I really just want the fish, not the other stuff. Of course the last time we went, it was part of the great egg debacle and I'm not sure why didn't look for fish on the menu.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Friday May 17th, cont.

So after an excellent lunch at LTT our next FP was up, BTM. We took the back way to BTM and bumped into this cat.
IMG_6740.JPG
IMG_6741.JPG
IMG_6742.JPG

This FP ended up paying off and actually got us train pretty quickly.
IMG_6744.JPG

Sadly, the same could not be said for our next FP. Pan always amazes me. For a ride that is constantly, mostly, moving there is always such a queue. Still, worth the wait. Love the nostalgia that this attraction carries.
IMG_6746.JPG

While waiting to take off to Neverland, the internets were blowing up about the new DVC pin that was released today. This immediately triggered my DW's "gotta have it" gene and she scoured the shop Disney site to see where we could purchase it. As chance would have it the gift shop at CR had the pin! Additionally, while waiting in the queue our room text came in! So we made our way to CR to grab this beauty before heading to BLT.
IMG_6747.JPG

As we headed to the bridge connecting to BLT we passed this bit of Disney art that struck me.
IMG_6748.JPG

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Friday May 17th, cont.

So we've stayed at BLT a few times and this would be the first time we were on the ground floor. As we arrived it was obvious they were doing some building maintenance in the form of pressure washing the outside of the facility. This meant there were planks down to protect the ground as the lift made its way around the facility. We could still see the planks from our room but the cleaners had already passed our room so no water raining down on us. The view from our room
IMG_6749.JPG
IMG_6750.JPG

The rooms at BLT are not our favorite as they are more sterile and modern feeling than themed. Still, the room was vary clean and the BLT aroma wad heavy in the room as we were only a few doors down from the main lobby.
IMG_6751.JPG
IMG_6752.JPG
IMG_6753.JPGIMG_6754.JPG
IMG_6755.JPG

MinnieM123

The rooms at BLT are not our favorite as they are more sterile and modern feeling than themed.
I've never stayed at BLT, but many years ago I did stay at the Contemporary, and I loved it. The futuristic theme was fun and fit perfectly with the A-shaped building frame, with the monorail gliding through it. When I go on vacation, I like interior designs that are completely different from "home" -- it just adds to the excitement of being away! :happy:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Friday May 17th, cont.

So after getting settled into our room we decided to head to EC for a bit before dinner. We hopped in the car and were soon parking. We were a ways back in Discover and just missed the tram but decided to hike it. We got a few steps when a CM in a golf cart pulled up and said "you want a lift?". Heck yes we do! So our private parking lot chauffeur CM, Ryan, took us up to the entrance in style.
IMG_6763.JPG
IMG_6764.JPG
IMG_6765.JPG

The park was hopping, bordering on madness. We had no real plans other than to walk around WS taking in the festival.
IMG_6766.JPG
IMG_6767.JPG

I was excited to pop into Garden Terrace to try some new beer only to find out it was an all cider menu, boo.
IMG_6768.JPG

We continued around and ended up in the DVC lounge for some refreshments and AC before leaving the park for dinner.
IMG_6770.JPG
IMG_6771.JPG

Top Bottom