Bubble Machines

Raineman

Original Poster
We’ve been at WDW since Sunday, and my biggest annoyance at this point is those annoying bubble machines that they are selling at every shop/merch cart. I am sitting here waiting for Fantasmic to begin, and I am getting deluged with bubbles in my face. Not to sound like a crotchety old man, but why did someone think this would be a good idea? Kids are spraying bubbles everywhere-on rides, in ride queues, at shows, in eating areas, etc. Anyone else bothered by this?

Minnie Mum

I am. I hate having that soap residue on my face, hair and clothes. And having to clean my glasses after every encounter. Maybe I'm a crotchety old lady. And while we're at it - get off of my lawn!

Pixieish

The one thing bubbles are good for is preventing kids from crying. I hate the residue on my floor (for some reason, teachers think its an awesome idea to send home the foot-long bubble wand things), I hate the slip-and-fall factor, I hate the stinging in my eyes. Outside on the grass? Fine. But keep them off pavement and hard surfaces and away from people.

Driver

My DW has one ( drives me nuts ) for all those reasons. Kinda reminds me of someone smoking, it drifts your way and is annoying

JIMINYCR

I find the bubbles annoying too but if it will keep anxious, bored, squirming kids from crying and fussing... I'd rather put up with the bubbles. And yes, not getting into parenting skills, but we never had to resort to using bubbles to get our DS to wait patiently for a show.

Driver

I find the bubbles annoying too but if it will keep anxious, bored, squirming kids from crying and fussing... I'd rather put up with the bubbles. And yes, not getting into parenting skills, but we never had to resort to using bubbles to get our DS to wait patiently for a show.
As far as that goes , when I was a kid it was simple, misbehave? You don't go! To me some of this stuff is in the same category as everyone gets a trophy. Maybe I'm old fashioned. I understand toddlers getting cranky there's not much you can do there except plan for naps. But older kids..... parenting!! Don't try to be their friend, be the parent. I promise they won't hate you. My kids are all grown up now with families of their own and we cherish our time together...... no issues.

JIMINYCR

As far as that goes , when I was a kid it was simple, misbehave? You don't go! To me some of this stuff is in the same category as everyone gets a trophy. Maybe I'm old fashioned. I understand toddlers getting cranky there's not much you can do there except plan for naps. But older kids..... parenting!! Don't try to be their friend, be the parent. I promise they won't hate you. My kids are all grown up now with families of their own and we cherish our time together...... no issues.

DS learned early on that if he misbehaved or was disruptive to others around us we would get up and leave stores, shows, movies, restaurants, church services, and he would lose out.

Pixieish

DS learned early on that if he misbehaved or was disruptive to others around us we would get up and leave stores, shows, movies, restaurants, church services, and he would lose out.

My 11-year-old and 6-year-old sons are both on the autism spectrum. We've been to Disney with them 3 times starting when our youngest was 2 1/2. They've both heard the phrase "in-room-babysitter" enough times that they know misbehavior = being at the resort and bored while mom and dad have fun in the parks. One of the fun things we do so we can just enjoy just sort of strolling around (especially at Epcot) is give away glow-bracelets to other kids - my boys look forward to it every trip.

Allym146

I love them. Bubbles are pretty and whimsical and not at all like cigarette smoke:rolleyes:. My nieces would be kind of whiney and then see some bubbles and immediately perk up. Plus side, we never bought one, other kids bubbles were sufficient. I guess at Disney I've already surrendered my right to personal space so some bubbles are not a big deal as far as that goes.

jaklgreen

I hate them too. I don't want to walk into a wall of bubbles popping in my face. No need for these machines that spit out hundreds of bubbles a second. If your goal is to keep the kids entertained with bubbles then get them the old fashioned kind that they have to blow and work at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom