1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Bubble Machines

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by Raineman, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Raineman

Raineman Well-Known Member

We’ve been at WDW since Sunday, and my biggest annoyance at this point is those annoying bubble machines that they are selling at every shop/merch cart. I am sitting here waiting for Fantasmic to begin, and I am getting deluged with bubbles in my face. Not to sound like a crotchety old man, but why did someone think this would be a good idea? Kids are spraying bubbles everywhere-on rides, in ride queues, at shows, in eating areas, etc. Anyone else bothered by this?

2. Minnie Mum

Minnie Mum Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    I am. I hate having that soap residue on my face, hair and clothes. And having to clean my glasses after every encounter. Maybe I'm a crotchety old lady. And while we're at it - get off of my lawn!

jaklgreen likes this.
  3. EricsBiscuit

EricsBiscuit Well-Known Member

It gets in my food sometimes and I hate them.

4. ajrwdwgirl

ajrwdwgirl Well-Known Member

I agree the bubbles are annoying.

jaklgreen, EricsBiscuit and Alice a like this.
  5. CherylM

CherylM Well-Known Member

The one thing bubbles are good for is preventing kids from crying. I hate the residue on my floor (for some reason, teachers think its an awesome idea to send home the foot-long bubble wand things), I hate the slip-and-fall factor, I hate the stinging in my eyes. Outside on the grass? Fine. But keep them off pavement and hard surfaces and away from people.

6. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

7. Sonconato

Sonconato Well-Known Member

I agree completely! With so little personal space available, who thought it was a good idea to be assaulted with bubbles?

jaklgreen likes this.
  8. Chef Mickey

Chef Mickey Well-Known Member

It’s annoying and should be on the banned list. Interferes with personal space.

9. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

I like the bubbles. I want to run through them and pop them.

If you want to ban anything, ban anything that lights up that isn't "Made with Magic". They spoil dark rides and night shows.

10. Driver

Driver Well-Known Member

My DW has one ( drives me nuts ) for all those reasons. Kinda reminds me of someone smoking, it drifts your way and is annoying

11. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

As a tip do not go to the Christmas party they pipe fake snow.

12. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

I find the bubbles annoying too but if it will keep anxious, bored, squirming kids from crying and fussing... I'd rather put up with the bubbles. And yes, not getting into parenting skills, but we never had to resort to using bubbles to get our DS to wait patiently for a show.

CherylM and Driver like this.
  13. Driver

Driver Well-Known Member

As far as that goes , when I was a kid it was simple, misbehave? You don't go! To me some of this stuff is in the same category as everyone gets a trophy. Maybe I'm old fashioned. I understand toddlers getting cranky there's not much you can do there except plan for naps. But older kids..... parenting!! Don't try to be their friend, be the parent. I promise they won't hate you. My kids are all grown up now with families of their own and we cherish our time together...... no issues.

jaklgreen and JIMINYCR like this.
  14. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

DS learned early on that if he misbehaved or was disruptive to others around us we would get up and leave stores, shows, movies, restaurants, church services, and he would lose out.

15. CherylM

My 11-year-old and 6-year-old sons are both on the autism spectrum. We've been to Disney with them 3 times starting when our youngest was 2 1/2. They've both heard the phrase "in-room-babysitter" enough times that they know misbehavior = being at the resort and bored while mom and dad have fun in the parks. One of the fun things we do so we can just enjoy just sort of strolling around (especially at Epcot) is give away glow-bracelets to other kids - my boys look forward to it every trip.

Minnesota disney fan likes this.
  16. DVC4bestvacations

DVC4bestvacations Well-Known Member

Hmmm Which do I hate more? Bubble machines or Light Sabre's Can we ban them both?

MisterPenguin likes this.
  17. CherylM

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I don't mind them in UNCROWDED areas at Disney or outside...but boy do I hate those lightsabers in my house!

18. Sonic Sunglasses

Sonic Sunglasses Well-Known Member

We always joke that it's not a real Disney trip until the bubble storms start.

19. Allym146

Allym146 Well-Known Member

I love them. Bubbles are pretty and whimsical and not at all like cigarette smoke:rolleyes:. My nieces would be kind of whiney and then see some bubbles and immediately perk up. Plus side, we never bought one, other kids bubbles were sufficient. I guess at Disney I've already surrendered my right to personal space so some bubbles are not a big deal as far as that goes.

MisterPenguin likes this.
  20. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

I hate them too. I don't want to walk into a wall of bubbles popping in my face. No need for these machines that spit out hundreds of bubbles a second. If your goal is to keep the kids entertained with bubbles then get them the old fashioned kind that they have to blow and work at.