News Bruce Vaughn Returns to Disney as Co-Lead of Walt Disney Imagineering

yensidtlaw1969

So where does WDI go from here? In their present form they aren’t capable of fulfilling Bob’s recent comments or any of the blue sky stuff, or $60B (lol) in future capital spending.

Are they hiring? Attracting the best talent? You’d figure that for anything of significance to be done this decade that this would be occurring already?

It’s also a lazy to blame Chapek for this. The institutional rot was well metastasizing before he was “in charge”.

It is.

Rosso11

So where does WDI go from here? In their present form they aren’t capable of fulfilling Bob’s recent comments or any of the blue sky stuff, or $60B (lol) in future capital spending.

Are they hiring? Attracting the best talent? You’d figure that for anything of significance to be done this decade that this would be occurring already?

It’s also a lazy to blame Chapek for this. The institutional rot was well metastasizing before he was “in charge”.
Yes they have been bulking up for a while now and are still hiring.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

…yeah…this is a bit of naïveté going in the comments.

When did Rhode leave and why? I think we may be glossing over that

Last edited:

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
Keep an eye on Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

Once they get things going, that's the new pace.
They’re rushing it urgently because a reskinned water ride opening in December when it’s not warm to lackluster crowds won’t be a good look. Also Summer 2024 is looking very bad for WDW and there is the hope that this will move that needle. (lol)

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
…yeah…this is a bit of naïveté going in the comments.

When did Rhode leave and why? I think me may be glossing over that
WDI right now has 34 positions being advertised on Disney Jobs. 1/3 are for interns. After the mass exodus of talent in the past decade, does anyone realistically believe that WDI is as good now as they historically were?

Epcot81Fan

Looks like Tower of Terror on shrooms but the C-suite had to approve this.
Heck, I think we’re actually doing Joe a disservice.

One could make the argument his creation is the ugliest monstrosity of this scale in global theme park history!

Well done, Joe, well done.

IMG_8982.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom