Bruce Broughton Theme Park Music - Intrada Box Set

Jasonflz

Original Poster
http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6704&start=15

Discussion is here.

Apparently Bruce Broughton confirmed on a podcast that both he and Intrada (the record label) have officially mastered and finished the long awaited box set which should include:

-Ellen’s Energy Adventure
-The Timekeeper/Visionarium
-Making of Me
-Soarin’ Around The World
-Honey I Shrunk The Audience
-Spaceship Earth
-Cinemagique
-It’s Tough To Be A Bug
-Golden Dreams
-O’ Canada
-One Man’s Dream

And any other piece of music he did for the parks. It’s just waiting on Disney to release it, but should be something to look forward to.

Last edited:

Jasonflz

Original Poster
"All I can tell you is that the album is finished, that we've mastered ALL the pieces that I ever did in the theme parks, and it's just waiting for Disney to release it."
-Bruce Broughton on Tomorrow Society Podcast #33

Great interview btw

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Intrada apparently moves at the speed of WDI construction...

Intrada only worked on the album, it is Disney who is in charge of releasing it from what it sounds like.

The project was technically finished 3 years ago, for whatever reason they decided to hold off on putting it out there. The plus side is that we can actually get the Soarin’ music included.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Bumping... any news on a release yet?

Nothing outside of an interview from November where Bruce briefly talks about the set and mentions that it was delayed due to Fantastic Flight being included.

Time stamp is 1:41:45

Jasonflz

Original Poster
So little update; I shot an email to Bruce Broughton just asking if there were actually plans to release the set.

He was kind enough to reply almost immediately, what he essentially says is that the decision to release it (from what it sounds like it is 100% complete) lies with Disney.

Considering they took the time to include Fantastic Flight as well as commission the set, I can’t imagine they wouldn’t release it in some form. Still, I’m hoping we do get this sooner than later.
With COVID delaying manufacturing I can understand why it may be harder for Disney to mass produce physical cd’s at this point. Perhaps digital might be the way to go for now...

This set IS my absolute holy grail, so I’m gunna be following this thread like a hawk 0_0

Intrada has such a good track record with audio quality too! Some of the Broughton tracks on the official set are so dynamically crushed they can be hard to listen to. Which is such a shame when the music is SO good. The score for Ellen was the main reason I kept going on that ride.

Actually, a followup question... Would there be anyone at Disney we could politely contact, or show our support for it’s release? Within reason of course. :p

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Actually, a followup question... Would there be anyone at Disney we could politely contact, or show our support for it’s release? Within reason of course. :p

Randy Thornton, I believe, is the main person behind this project as far as Disney Music Group is concerned. Not sure about contact info though.

I’m sure if they see that there is demand for the music (assuming they don’t already have some date in mind for releasing it) that might help some...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom