Brown Derby???

browniebee

I like the Brown Derby. I've only been for lunch so I don't know how it is for dinner but the lunch is very good, and the atmosphere is nice as well. It's pretty much an average menu, nothing too 'out there'. I'd suggest you check out the menu and reviews of it on allearsnet.com, but I would definitely recommend it. :)

Steamboat_Kevin

Brown Derby's one of my favorite restaurants on-property.

I had the pan-fired grouper, which was the best fish I've had at WDW (And that's saying something, because fish is basically all I order for dinner at WDW). Our waiter was super nice and polite, and the retro-Hollywood atmosphere really works well.

I highly recommend it! :sohappy:

tink rules

I loved it!!!

Had the Filet Mignon with the Dijon Crushed Potatoes (If you go... can you please ask them for the recipe?????)

Don't forget the Grapefruit cake for desert.

Highly recommend... :slurp:

Don't forget the ADR's and look into the Fantasmic Dinner Package - it might save you money if you aren't on the food plan... if you are... it's 2 dinner credits.

DisneyBride94

I was greatly disappointed with my BD experience.... The food was quiet good... but I thought it laked ambience... and the service was deplorable.

A simple lunch kept us stuck there for about 2 hours... the service was terrible... our waiter was rude... and disappeared for long stretches...

It was our last day...and I'm sorry we spent two of our precious park hours stuck at the mercy of our server who inconveniently went missing for as long a half hour... TERRIBLE. I will NOT go back...

:brick:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I was greatly disappointed with my BD experience.... The food was quiet good... but I thought it laked ambience... and the service was deplorable.

A simple lunch kept us stuck there for about 2 hours... the service was terrible... our waiter was rude... and disappeared for long stretches...

It was our last day...and I'm sorry we spent two of our precious park hours stuck at the mercy of our server who inconveniently went missing for as long a half hour... TERRIBLE. I will NOT go back...

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but I don't like to judge a restaurant on one bad server.

tink rules

I actually ended up eating by myself that evening because my mom was ill... and the server that I had made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. It was a good experience for me.

It was dinner...not lunch... you might want to give it another try someday - and if you get ignored by your server... don't hesitate to bring it up to management. Otherwise they will never know.

slappy magoo

A missing waiter for half an hour is a bit much. At the very least, he should've checked on you to see if you need another drink or were just content with the meal in general.

However, my experience at Brown Derby indicates to me that, if the lines to be seated aren't too long (and considering this is the priciest restaurant in the park, that does happen quite a bit), they don't try to rush you out of the door either. It is a meal, and a location, to be savored.

Tara Stone

I had a very similar experience at BD. The food was good but everything else was dreadful! Even complaining to the manager was a waste of time. He mumbles something about new chefs and new servers...I could barely understand him. I finally told him perhaps they needed new managerment! This was our THIRD bad time there and our last! We can find just as good if not better food many many other places

Prof Ecks

Went there for New Years eve dinner (05). We loved it. The maitre de (sp?) brought us this great book filled with a bunch of celebrity signatures and told my kids that he could tell they were going to be stars someday and wanted them to sign the book. After that he came back to check on us and chat a couple of more times. The food and service were great and that day the mayor (of what I am not sure...can someone help me there....maybe of MGM) was making the rounds drinking champagne and visiting folks. I got my picture taken with him...pretty funny moment. He was hilarious actually. Also, they serve cool wine flights from different vineyards of hollywood celebrities and you get to learn about the vineyards as you drink the wine. All together it made for a very memorable meal.

We actually did the fantasmic package. Ate dinner there....saw fantasmic...went back to the boardwalk to relax a bit then off to EPCOT for the fireworks and more champagne in France. We enjoyed the evening so much we are going to do it again this January.

JustPlainBill

I quite agree...
My wife and I had a similiar experience with rude and inconsiderate service at the Brown Derby. My lunch was ok, my wifes however, was brought to her cold and the meat was overcooked and tough. She tried to complain but was told by the server and the restaurant manager, "too bad you don't like it, but there's nothing we can do about it." All we could do was stare back at them in disbelief, :eek: we never had been treated so rudely by restaurant staff ever, anywhere. The wait time was terrible for us too, wasted a lot of time, probably why the food was cold to begin with! We will never go there again, since there are so many other good places to go.

krueg66

Original Poster
Looks like a bit of a "mixed bag" of feelings about it. I heard enough good to go ahead and make a priority seating for our trip in Jan. Thanks everyone!

Ciciwoowoo

I really enjoyed the Brown Derby too. We went in May. In fact, we choose to pay outright for the Brown Derby instead of using the DDP, and it was probably the best service we received on the trip.

(I would never use the DDP again, but that's another topic!)

luna99

I've only been there once and I had a cobb salad.. I thought it was very good and I really liked the atmosphere.

There was even a guy in "costume" (he was dressed as a hollywood talent scout circa 1940's) who came over to our table to talk to my family and asked us if we wanted to be in "the pictures!" it was great fun!

figment1985

I loved the brown derby... probably because I did the Dine with an Imagineer VIP lunch. The food was WONDERFUL. I guess we had one of the better servers since they were in the presence of a "big imagineer on campus", Steve Grant.

We had steak, cobb salad, and creme brulee... totally worth the money. It was so good I wanted to box what I didnt eat up and carry it around all day! lol

mrtoad

We went for the first time on our last trip and loved it so much we canceled something else and went again later in the trip.

I had gotten the Tuna over the wasabi mashed potatoes and they were awesome along with an oyster brie cheese soup for an appetizer that was excellent but not on the menu a few days later. On the second time I tried the Thai noodle bowl which was a disapointment after the tuna. Not bad just not on the same level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom