Brown Derby???

davinakb

We really enjoyed the BD on our last two trips (May & Oct. this year). Agree with the recommendations on the grouper and grapefruit cake, and also have enjoyed the salmon and the pork chop. Both times we were lucky and had good service. I'd recommend it to anyone. Enjoy!

tink rules

Ok... for those who had sucky service... complain to more than the restaurant manager... get his name... go to Guest Services at the front of the park and fill out the form!!! Not only will Disney pay attention... I've always gotten called by them within a week of my being home.

They don't know unless you tell them.

KyleLauren

I've gone to Disney on the gold plan/premium plan twice, so I have eaten at virtually every "upscale" restaurant on park property (with the exception of V&As) and the Hollywood Brown Derby still remains my very favorite! You can't beat the atmosphere (fine dining without the snootiness) or the food (I've never had a bad entree, and you get your money's worth!)

It's worth the trip for the grapefruit cake alone.

LindaN

I ate at the Brown Derby for lunch last week. Service was great and I actually felt relaxed during my meal. My daughter had the new kids menu (pizza pita) and I had the Cobb Salad and grapefruit cake.

The food coming out of the kitchen looked beautiful. Normally I do not eat anything in MGM--not a place I go to for food, and we usually leave that park to eat. However the next time I head to Disney I will make a point of dining at the Brown Derby for lunch, not dinner only because of the cost of the meals.

This restaurant is two table service credits on the dining plan. There are far better locations in which to expend those two TS credits--I would not recommend this place on the dining plan as it does not compare to Artist Point or Jiko. However if you're going for lunch or paying out of pocket then it is a viable alternative.

2395353180039022403ZmdPIv_th.jpg
[/URL][/IM

K-dub

We've eaten here numerous times. We've experienced the same lax, rude servers during Lunch a few times before, But never during Dinner!

They're always on their game during Dinner.

There's a very nice room on the front of the building that has about 6 tables that's much more secluded from the main Dining Room where we got to eat last year with an Imagineering friend.

tink rules

I love the grapefruit cake!!!! I even brought some and a cup of tea back to my mom because she was ill the night I went... Made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside.... LOVE THAT CAKE!!!!!

bugsbunny

Ate there last October and then about 3 years before that. Both times were certainly gut busting to die for dinners, IMHO.

I had the Grouper the last time and for dessert the Crème Brule. It was scumptious and I would have licked my plate if I knew my wife wouldn't have died of embarrassment. :D

I used the Fantasmic Dining thingy the last time I ate. It was like $39(?) per person. It gave you appetizer, main dish, and dessert. Plus, you got priority seating at Fantasic so you didn't have to wait with all the other people and get there 2 hours before it started just to get a good seat.

We waited until like 30 minutes before it started and still got a good seat this way. It was nice to be able to ride some rides with small lines since the "common" folk were stuck having to go get a seat so early.

sleepybear

I agree with BugsBunny. Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. And the Fantasmic Dinner Package is a wonderful idea. It saves a few bucks and gets you priority seating for Fantasmic.

surfsupdon

Great filet mignon and coconut shrimp! The Cobbs alad was gross but that was b/c we didn't like the ingredients, it was pepared and looked fine, haha.

Very nice atmosphere inside. We really all enjoyed our late lunch here!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom