Brown Derby Suggestions?

decbysteph

Original Poster
What is good at Brown Derby? DH and I are thinking about going there for our "date night" without DD, and then seeing Fantasmic. What do you recommend for appetizers, entree, desserts? Anything particulaly not good either, would be helpful! Thanks much!

slappy magoo

go to allearsnet.com, and look up a recent Brown Derby menu.

I suggest this because, quite frankly, how are we to know what kinds of food you like or don't? For all we know, you hate fish, and someone might otherwise recommend fish. Better to ask us how we feel about particular dishes that you're thinking about trying rather than being all encompassing. After all, give it enough time, you will get at least one positive comment and one negative comment about each and every thing on the menu, and that would probably be WAY more confusing that asking about a specific dish.

By the way, I had half of a split chicken last time I went with rice, and while the gracy was a little rich for walking around in the hot summer sun afterwards, I couldn't deny it tasted incredible.

decbysteph

Original Poster
I guess we are looking to try something different for us, and we normally never have seafood or fish at home. So the grouper sounded interesting, as well as the Tuna. We are willing to try anything, we are adventurous eaters!Being that this place is a signature restaurant 2 TS, and although we have the dining plan we would rather pay out of pocket for this place, since the prices compare with most 1TS. I'm just trying to figure out if this would be a good night out for DH and I, or if we should try something else?

slappy magoo

Well, if you can, try to go there as part of the Fantasmic Dinner Package. Prix fixe will get you an appetizer, entree, dessert AND guaranteed admittance into Fantasmic no matter how busy it is that night (the only disadvantages-you'll eat dinner early, and they are NOT necessarily the best seats for Fantasmic, but you WILL get a seat, and you won't have to wait 90 minutes like some people do).

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/fantdin1.htm

Looks like the package currently costs 37 dollars per adult, but when you consider that some of the entrees run close to 30 bucks (filet mignon is $28.59), it could work out to be a pretty good value

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Brown Derby is an ok place. Not my favorite, but not bad either.

Since you're going with 2 people, you'll probably enjoy it. It's know for it's french onion soup, pineapple cake, and cobb salad. So, get one of those three and you'll have a pleasent meal.

PS: I never recommend the place for parties of 3 - they sit parties of 3 at the horrible horseshow shaped booth/tables that only fit 3 tiny people, and even then its not comfortable.

lawyergirl77

mousermerf said:
Brown Derby is an ok place. Not my favorite, but not bad either.

Since you're going with 2 people, you'll probably enjoy it. It's know for it's french onion soup, pineapple cake, and cobb salad. So, get one of those three and you'll have a pleasent meal.

PS: I never recommend the place for parties of 3 - they sit parties of 3 at the horrible horseshow shaped booth/tables that only fit 3 tiny people, and even then its not comfortable.

Pineapple cake and french onion soup? Buh? Never had either there... :confused:

I think you mean the grapefruit cake, but I don't remember seeing soup on the menu either time I ate there.

That being said, your recommendation about the the cobb salad is excellent . The grouper is also a very nice light meal (quite tasty too), and I have loved their filet mignon both times I've had it. My friends raved about the lamb, but I find lamb yucky so I'll defer to their better judgment!! :lol: Finally, while I thought the grapefruit cake was good, they had a creme brulée that practically made my friend cry...

My only qualms about the place are its price and the fact that service can be VERY spotty, especially if you don't order any wine. I've either had phenominal service or excruciatingly painful service... Seeing as it was the latter on my last visit, I haven't exactly been itching to go back.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Hehe - maybe I took a trip to La-La land ;)

You're right, it's the grapefruit cake, and maybe the french onion soup was removed, folks I knew loved it, but to me it was weird looking with "colorful" cheese on top.

lawyergirl77

mousermerf said:
Hehe - maybe I took a trip to La-La land ;)

You're right, it's the grapefruit cake, and maybe the french onion soup was removed, folks I knew loved it, but to me it was weird looking with "colorful" cheese on top.
"colourful" cheese?? Did it look anything like those funky coloured grilled cheese sandwiches at the Concourse Steakhouse? If so, then I know why they took it off the menu... :lookaroun :hurl: :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I was there on Wednesday...our waiter said the Geometric Soft Cake is not that good, it's made from tofu. I got the cheese cake which was small, but very good.

pinkrose

The Grouper is my fav. :slurp: Also, the Happiest Celebraton dessert they have right now is to die for. :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom