Brother Bear Meet & Greet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by epcotisbest
Yes, Blind Boys are on the soundtrack. An excellent song.

Their version of Amazing Grace, off the Spirit of the Century CD is wild. Who would have thought to sing it to the tune of House of the Rising Sun? My first reaction was that it sounds kinda odd, but somehow it works.
Ricky

you should sing it to the tune of Gilligan's Island. now that's odd.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Yes, that is way odd. I had never heard this before, but it works.
That is just too odd.
If you get the tune of the Gilligan theme in your head, then use the same meter and sing Amazing Grace it fits. Weird
Ricky

Marijil

Originally posted by mkymaus

PS....What does Phil Collins do songs for ALL disney movies now...dont get me wrong, I like him...but enough already.

Now this is appropriate based on your avatar....i knew that Peter and Phil didnt get along!

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Marijil
Now this is appropriate based on your avatar....i knew that Peter and Phil didnt get along!

I knew someone would say that..but like I said in my original post...I like Phil...but I am just sick and tired of his songs in these movies...correct me if I am wrong...but dont they all sound the same???

Just my opinion....:rolleyes:

KevinPage

Phil Collins has done only 2 movies, am I correct? I'd hardly call that overused, especially since the movies are what, 3+ years apart?

And what would you rather have anyway, "Shock the Monkey"? Hardly the image Disney is trying to produce. Imagine that song in Tarzan (the horror).

We have "High Fiber" that is enough for me!!!!!!

:drevil:

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by KevinPage
Phil Collins has done only 2 movies, am I correct? I'd hardly call that overused, especially since the movies are what, 3+ years apart?

And what would you rather have anyway, "Shock the Monkey"? Hardly the image Disney is trying to produce. Imagine that song in Tarzan (the horror).

We have "High Fiber" that is enough for me!!!!!!

:drevil:

Kevinpage your duck bill must be screwed on too tight...I NEVER implied to have Peter Gabriel do music for Disney. Please, dont jump to conclusions nor put words into my mouth. Like I said in my first post...(please read it carefully)...it is MY OPINION that is all. You dont like my opinion, then please move on to the next post.

At least Peter Gabriel doesnt need Disney to further his career. I am just mearly saying that ALL of Phil Collins songs sound the same...end of point. PERIOD. Opinoin that is all....not saying one is better than the other....just mearly stating an OPINION!!!! Geez....

You dont like Peter Gabriel..that is just fine and dandy with me bubb....life goes on, I dont go on and on over a stupid post.

Thank you.

KevinPage

Mia,

I'm just busting ya chops (as they would say in NY), I have nothing against Peter Gabriel nor his legion of weirdo fans! LOL

Just typical me dragging out a joke until the ends of the earth (as my wife would assert to)

Ok? :lol: :lol: :wave: :p ;) :lookaroun

The Mom

Premium Member
When I lived in Toronto(1981) ? I watched them on SCTV? And went to Second City? They were pretty funny, eh?

Their show was in response to a government demand that Canadian TV produce more " uniquely Canadian" shows, thus the small disclaimer on their website.

The Mom

Premium Member
I happen to like BOTH Peter Gabriel AND Phil Collins. ;) (Maybe because they're both getting old, just like I am. :lol: )

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by The Mom
I happen to like BOTH Peter Gabriel AND Phil Collins. ;) (Maybe because they're both getting old, just like I am. :lol: )

I agree MOM....same goes here....but as quoted in a previous quote WE must be "legions of weirdo's" for doing so....LOL

:snore:

DisneyDefenders

Bearable

The movie was cute...but I can't say it was anywhere near Nemo, Treasure Planet, or Lion King. I love Phil Collins (who has ONLY done two Disney soundtracks), but he did a MUCH better job on Tarzan. At least it's doing well in the box office...but not as well as my movie! Don't forget to score your copy on December 2nd!!! :sohappy:

MouseMan

Originally posted by KevinPage

Now that's funny! :lol:

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Re: Bearable

Originally posted by CaptJackSparrow
The movie was cute...but I can't say it was anywhere near Nemo, Treasure Planet, or Lion King. I love Phil Collins (who has ONLY done two Disney soundtracks), but he did a MUCH better job on Tarzan. At least it's doing well in the box office...but not as well as my movie! Don't forget to score your copy on December 2nd!!! :sohappy:

Perhaps he has done 2 soundtracks...which means in my eyes, his songs ALL sound the same....cause it seemed like he has done thousands of Disney songs....and maybe its just that every one of his albums, the tune/ lyrics are ALL the same whether it be Disney or his own stuff...sorry Phil and all those Phil lovers...
Try using other cords instead of the same ones over and over again....when creating a new song....

And like I said over and over, which people here dont really read through any posts before replying....Peter Gabriel doesnt need Disney tunes to further his career....as obviously Phil does. Sorry....MY OPINION AGAIN.

Oh wait, I dont want to seem ignorant....Peter DID do a childrens song..."That'll do PIG" from Pig in the city....wasnt Disney, but he was ASKED to sing it .... he didnt write it, by the dude that wrote the song from Toy Story...whats his name...Randy Neuman...the "I hate short people" song guy.....??? Never cared for his music either.....Anyways....not a huge blockbuster movie....maybe shock the monkey would of worked better in THAT movie?! That way a sequil wouldnt of been in order. Anyways, Peter NEVER included his Pig in the city song on his albums...he is just NOT a Disney writer....never said he was ... never will. (i.e Last Temptation of Christ)....more like it.....and let me just add one more note....we NEVER would of strayed off into the Shock the Monkey direction had my Avitar been lets say.....MICKEY or similar.

This has turned into the Phil vs. Peter thread....lets get back to the original post shall we.........

Shock the monkey....LOL Yeah that was funny....:sohappy: :sohappy: You guys crack me up....
:zipit: :zipit: :zipit:

Legacy

First off... who is Peter Gabriel?

I happen to like Phil Collins... and who said he needed Disney to further his career? Did Elton John or Sting? The two of them did Disney movies also.

Maybe if this Peter Gabriel did a song with G-Unit like Phil did a song with Bone Thugs I would realize who he is.

(And don't tell me you think Trashing the Camp sounds like On My Way.)

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Kicker
First off... who is Peter Gabriel?

I happen to like Phil Collins... and who said he needed Disney to further his career? Did Elton John or Sting? The two of them did Disney movies also.

Maybe if this Peter Gabriel did a song with G-Unit like Phil did a song with Bone Thugs I would realize who he is.

(And don't tell me you think Trashing the Camp sounds like On My Way.)

Kicker...
Respectfully, if you dont know who he is then why do you put him with "Bone Thugs"??? Do you know what that is?? Are you in any position to even compare?? I think not, so why not leave the post as it was and not try to add your obvious ignorant two cents into it....again, if you dont know who he is, then by all means leave it alone.

PS....Peter Gabriel was original singer for Genesis....do you feel stupid now?? Phil replaced him after he left the group to go solo....so I guess Phil is a Bone Thug?!????:veryconfu Very confused.

Legacy

Originally Posted By mkymaus-
Kicker...
Respectfully, if you dont know who he is then why do you put him with "Bone Thugs"??? Do you know what that is?? Are you in any position to even compare?? I think not, so why not leave the post as it was and not try to add your obvious ignorant two cents into it....again, if you dont know who he is, then by all means leave it alone.

PS....Peter Gabriel was original singer for Genesis....do you feel stupid now?? Phil replaced him after he left the group to go solo....so I guess Phil is a Bone Thug?!???? Very confused.
maus... your first paragraph is rather confusing, although I do understand the last run-on sentance and saying that was 'obviously ignorant' when you are ignoring the statement about Elton John and Sting can be taken was insulting.

In reponse to your PS, no I don't feel stupid. The referenc to 'Bone Thugs' is due to a song that Phil Collins appeared in by the Bone Thugs in Harmony, a rap/R&B group. Do you feel stupid now?

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Kicker
maus... your first paragraph is rather confusing, although I do understand the last run-on sentance and saying that was 'obviously ignorant' when you are ignoring the statement about Elton John and Sting can be taken was insulting.

In reponse to your PS, no I don't feel stupid. The referenc to 'Bone Thugs' is due to a song that Phil Collins appeared in by the Bone Thugs in Harmony, a rap/R&B group. Do you feel stupid now?

run on sentence?? hmmm....pot calling the kettle black....

And NO, I dont feel stupid...do you know who PG is now?!?! Your obviously such a HUGE fan of Phil's....you have no clue. And I dont really care about Sting or Elton...they were not my point. Other huge stars have sung tunes for Disney... AGAIN...ignorant...I just mearly said, I didnt care for Phil's tunes which sound the same....AGAIN...repeating myself cause its people such as yourself who dont read the original posts....ITS MY OPINION...deal with it.
And ooooh...phil sung with Bone Thugs...who cares...really.

This original post is about Brother Bear...not Phil nor Peter.....so people...focus!

Thanks Kevin Page for starting this huge discussion...LOL You know how to start em....:king:

Legacy

Originally Posted By mkymaus-
run on sentence?? hmmm....pot calling the kettle black....

And NO, I dont feel stupid...do you know who PG is now?!?! Your obviously such a HUGE fan of Phil's....you have no clue. And I dont really care about Sting or Elton...they were not my point. Other huge stars have sung tunes for Disney... AGAIN...ignorant...I just mearly said, I didnt care for Phil's tunes which sound the same....AGAIN...repeating myself cause its people such as yourself who dont read the original posts....ITS MY OPINION...deal with it.
And ooooh...phil sung with Bone Thugs...who cares...really.

This original post is about Brother Bear...not Phil nor Peter.....so people...focus!

Thanks Kevin Page for starting this huge discussion...LOL You know how to start em....
Now who is putting words into people's mouths. Where did I say I was a HUGE fan of Phil Collins? I said I like the guy; about the same way I like N*Sync. They aren't my favorites but I really enjoy their music. Elton John may not have been your point BUT one of your points was

Peter Gabriel doesnt need Disney tunes to further his career....as obviously Phil does.

Now, saying this implies that Elton John and Sting also used Disney to further their careers. That is a very bold assumption. Did Aerosmith need Rock'n Roller Coaster to further their careers? Did Elvis need Lilo and Stitch? You make it seem like Phil Collins is a hasbeen in the fact that he has done a couple of Disney movies; when in fact looking at the track record given with Disney's use of big-names doing the soundtracks, it is the exact opposite.

Cool... 'PG' used to be the lead singing for Genesis. Here's an idea... maybe there is a reason Phil has the job now.

And condescending remarks like 'ignorant' really aren't very becoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom