Trip Report Breaker Breaker 1-9, We're goin' live!

What's our 20? We crossed the boarder into Florida and we're keepin' an eye out for Smokey's!
IMG_20191004_081527.jpg

harleebug

Day 5 ctnd...

We boarded the Falcon and were handed the dreaded Engineer cards. We didnt mind since neither of us had been Engineers yet. Getting pictures at the chessboard/table in the Falcon seems to becoming an "obligatory" photo op. Here you go..

View attachment 418426

View attachment 418427

Shortly after, we entered the **** pit and took our seats.

View attachment 418428

The 4 other people who were in our group were all together. The two pilots were a very young child and an older woman. The younger kid tried his best but was too young to do anything but constantly crash and the the older lady pilot (who had the job of steering up and down) pretty much did nothing but watch the screen and didnt pilot at all. The two gunners were a man and a woman who (from what I noticed) didnt do any firing at all. After about 15 seconds into the ride, C and I realized it was pointless for us to do anything since the rest of our crew preferred to crash and not defend the ship, so we just sat back and enjoyed the madness.

View attachment 418429

That was our score before Hondo took his cut and fees for damages to the Falcon, lol. For those who have not ridden yet, when you exit the cockpit, there are different things you see and hear depending on how good or bad you did, such as what you hear the repair crew say over the intercom and you see flashes and hear sparks if you crashed a lot. We heard the repair crew say, "this thing is basically a pile of scrap metal." We were cracking up. And we didnt mind that the other members of our group didnt do a good job, it was kind of fun to sit back and watch all the crazy things that happen.

As we exited through the tunnel we were doing our Hondo voice impression. in one of the post ride videos, he says, "you see, this happens sometimes when you travel through uncharted space"... After our first few rides we began using the "you see, this happens sometimes", for random situations throughout the day, i.e , when a woman walked up and got in front of us at bag check with her stroller and 2 back packs and I was about to say something, C grabbed my arm and said, "you see, this happens sometimes". It made me laugh and we let the lady have her way.

We were saying random things in our Hondo voice and as she was refilling our water, I said something juvenile that would normally have C give me the "did you eat paint chips as a baby" look, but she actually laughed.

View attachment 418430

After the Falcon is about 11 am and we were overdue for our first brewski of the day so we stopped at Baseline.

View attachment 418431

Scrimshaw Pilsner for C and I had the Stone Delicious IPA. The patio was crowded so decided to walk with our drinks. Sure enough, it was time for Pandora, and no, Im not referring to Flight of Passage or the Mo'ara Valley. They recently opened a new Pandora shop on Sunset Blvd. I reminded her that her bracelet didnt have much room left. The only option was obviously to buy a new one and begin jamming charms on to it, lol.

View attachment 418432

View attachment 418439

She was told by the lady at Pandora in Disney Springs that that had not released any Star Wars charms, but Nahtalia at the HS shop knew her stuff and showed these to C. She loved them and of course had to add them to the new bracelet. I was on board since it was Star Wars. Even if I hadnt been on board, it wouldnt have made any difference in C's decision, 😂.

It was time for some Midway Mania action so we left Pandora and headed to TSL.
C is better than I was at bag check this last time 😂😂😂

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 cntd...

Since C had her Pandora fix it was time for some Midway Mania action.

IMG_20191008_115327.jpg

IMG_20191008_121003.jpg

Its always the cat and the beaver for us. I try and tell C where to shoot so we can maximize our points and unlock the higher point targets but within seconds she goes rogue and my plan falls apart.

We were both pretty hungry so we exited TSL through Batu and made our way to...

IMG_20191008_122528.jpg

Yes, we enjoy Pizzarizzo! hahaha! We also like that you can larger pour of beer for the same price as a 16 0z. It used to be Moretti Blonde but they have now switched to Peroni, which is a decent beer, but we prefer the Moretti.

It was a bit busier than normal. We waited about ten minutes after actually ordering the food. As we waited we watched their system for preparing the orders and it seemed a bit wacky. You can order on either side of the register and then you wait in the area in front of the counter for your meal just like at most of the quick services (Pecos Bill, Cosmic Rays). The CM at the counter was taking tickets and placing them down next to the corresponding orders, again, just like at other QS spots. But here, random items were coming out of the kitchen and they would bring a tray with half an order and it would sit there until the CM realized it was an incomplete order, and then had to ask another CM to get random items for the order. I kept wondering why he couldnt just get them himself as there were pizzas and sandwiches sitting there waiting at the kitchen window. We figured that perhaps the counter CM must not be allowed to interfere?? And the CM bringing the drinks was bringing out drinks way faster than the orders so at certain points there would be 15-20 beverages sitting on the counter taking up lots of space so when another half order tray came out, there was little room for it. The CM at the counter was doing his best and was very polite and kept apologizing for the wait. It was somewhat entertaining to watch the madness and we werent upset about the wait, but it definitely seems like they should tweak the system a bit.

Finally we got our food and beers!

IMG_20191008_125403.jpg

C went with the cheese and I had the sausage and pepperoni and of course, two Peronis.

IMG_20191008_125408.jpg

C got a canoli for dessert and it was very good. We like the seating on the upper level and there were a bunch of kids playing with the hool a hoops in the dining room and it was a good show as we ate.

After a nice lunch, C was re-charged and ready to...

Shop..

IMG_20191008_132341.jpg

and then we...

shopped some more....

IMG_20191008_132814.jpg

And after the shopping we...

shopped some more....

IMG_20191008_133345.jpg

She is all about the First Order line of clothing. She liked that sweater ( or whatever it is) since it had a Kylo Ren vibe.

After shopping til we dropped it was time for ToT.

IMG_20191008_134437.jpg

539791549_968343542_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

My plan was to be looking in the bag and have a look of terror, but C's face is genuine because as the elevator dropped, one of the items in the bag started rising up and almost flew out of it. It was pretty funny. When we exited the ride, C told me I was not allowed to do that again.

We headed back to the room for an afternoon break.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We took a short break a the room to shower up and get a little rest. Then it was off to Epcot. We each poured a beer for the walk and headed out. Since the gondolas were still down, it was nice to have a riffraff free I.G. again!

IMG_20191008_153607.jpg

Up first was Soarin!

IMG_20191008_164740.jpg

And since we were so close to the Earth Eats stand, we stopped for a snack on our way out!

IMG_20191008_172030.jpg

C also ordered the Kambucha flight and they were very tasty.

next up was Test Track.

As usual, we designed a car as outrageous as possible.

IMG_20191008_161924.jpg

IMG_20191008_161931.jpg

539449707_967863789_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

C has a cousin who drives a Chevy truck and always cracks jokes about Ford so we had to send him a message

IMG_20191008_163357.jpg

Even though I have GMC Yukon (which is basically Chevy), I still have to jab at him (for fun of course).

Rista1313

We took a short break a the room to shower up and get a little rest. Then it was off to Epcot. We each poured a beer for the walk and headed out. Since the gondolas were still down, it was nice to have a riffraff free I.G. again!

View attachment 418782

Up first was Soarin!

View attachment 418787

And since we were so close to the Earth Eats stand, we stopped for a snack on our way out!

View attachment 418788

next up was Test Track.

View attachment 418783

View attachment 418784

View attachment 418789

C has a cousin who drives a Chevy truck and always cracks jokes about Ford so we had to send him a message

View attachment 418786

Even though I have GMC Yukon (which is basically Chevy), I still have to jab at him (for fun of course).

Chevy is the best =D I'm a little biased though, my dad worked there for 30 years!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No

View attachment 418782

Up first was Soarin!

View attachment 418787

View attachment 418788

next up was Test Track.

View attachment 418783

View attachment 418784

View attachment 418789

View attachment 418786

I thought you would tell him chevy is number one ala C.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Chevy is the best =D I'm a little biased though, my dad worked there for 30 years!
My dad raised me to be a Chevy girl too!
I really like the Chevy 1500 and 2500 and almost bought one. It just came down to the F150 having a few options I really liked, plus its got twin turbos! Ive already had a few Chevy and Dodge trucks try and outrun me. "Try" is the operative word, lol. But as I said before, I kept my GMC Yukon so Im still in the Chevy family:cool:
I thought you would tell him chevy is number one ala C.
We are way past subtle gestures in our battle of Ford vs Chevy 😁

joshsprincess921

I really like the Chevy 1500 and 2500 and almost bought one. It just came down to the F150 having a few options I really liked, plus its got twin turbos! Ive already had a few Chevy and Dodge trucks try and outrun me. "Try" is the operative word, lol. But as I said before, I kept my GMC Yukon so Im still in the Chevy family:cool:

We are way past subtle gestures in our battle of Ford vs Chevy 😁

I just got a Traverse...love it! Although I haven't "tried" to outrun anyone! :D

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 cntd...

From Test Track we went to get one of our all time favorite beer combinations at Norway. C loves the Aus (pilsner) and I like the Einstock (white ale). When I ordered, there was a guy in line behind me that asked if I liked the white ale. Ugh, ya, thats why I ordered it:rolleyes:. But I simply said, yes, its a good beer. Then he asks, "is it good?"...

We (well, mostly I) wanted to ride Frozen but first we took a stroll around World Showcase to enjoy the excellent weather we had that evening.
IMG_20191008_173917.jpg

A quick pits stop at Germany for a refill
IMG_20191008_190854.jpg

We found an open table outside Italy Pavilion and enjoyed the view with our biers
IMG_20191008_174750.jpg

Upon getting to America Pavilion we noticed that 98 Degrees was playing. It was pretty clear that many ladies were there were for Nick Lachey, lol.

Screenshot_20191019-090734.png

It was a actually a pretty fun show because they were performing various hits from the 90s including some Backstreet Boys, Brittney Spears and Sugar Ray to name a few.

After the show, we made it to France Pavilion and grabbed a 1664 then turned around to head back to Norway for Frozen.

IMG_20191008_182208.jpg

As we passed Germany there was another show so we stopped to check it out.

IMG_20191008_191228.jpg

These guys are always having fun when they perform and get the crowd involved. They were taking requests for Disney songs and then putting a German twist on them. It was great.

We got to Norway and the wait for Frozen wasnt bad at all. And then, we were going to Elsa's Ice Palace!

Screenshot_20191019-091118.png

After the ride, we grabbed another round of Eintsock and Aus and tried the cheese and bread from the Switzerland Food and Wine booth.

IMG_20191008_200304.jpg

The beer was of course great. The food? What a complete waste of money. It was regular bread with a piece of microwaved cheese. The potatoes had zero flavor.

IMG_20191008_200955.jpg

We headed to Mexico Pavilion to see the three happy chappies. With snappy serapes ! And in a shocking twist of events, C did some shopping, lol.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No

Back (sort of....kind of....) from LASIK. My nephew is a big Chevy fan and he and my Dad go back and forth.

My Dad has owned Fords, Chevys, and one Dodge (he likes to trade every few years). He saw a video put out by Ford (full disclosure) where they ran all kinds of tests on all truck types, and the Ford came out on top. Now, was it skewed because Ford put it out? Unknown. But he hasn't bought a Chevy since.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom