Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickys

Premium Member
Earlier versions of the pavilion had it included. Later versions do not.
Definitely carnival. I’d hope there would be a nod to soccer as well within the pavilion.
I’m not a huge fan of another boat ride, but I agree with you.. that would be a perfect fit.

So Christ the Redeemer statue and soccer?

Got it! It'll be the "Hand of God" then? ;) Or was that Argentina?

Sorry, that was to wind up all the English football fans amongst you, meant in good-natured jest naturally!

And for the rest of you, look up the phrase in relation to the (soccer) World Cup.

21stamps

So Christ the Redeemer statue and soccer?

Got it! It'll be the "Hand of God" then? ;) Or was that Argentina?

Sorry, that was to wind up all the English football fans amongst you, meant in good-natured jest naturally!

And for the rest of you, look up the phrase in relation to the (soccer) World Cup.

I actually hate Brazil soccer... why, because I’m an Argentina fan. My best friend is Brazilian and WC years are always a season of jabs for us.lol.
To make matters worse, My favorite player is Messi, my kid idolizes Ronaldo.. so even my own household will be split this summer. Ha ha

KrazyKat

World showplace is millennium village...a prefab, 100% temporary facility built in 1999.

It's existence is a sad commentary on what the management thinks Epcot is worth
Interesting, I guess we all learn something new every day. In my over 40 trips to Epcot, I’ve never been there.

21stamps

and in the fall as well, if i can recall correctly
:p

Technically we’re always split.,lol. This year will be the worst.. it’s the first time that he’s extremely passionate about soccer.. and his preferred players and clubs. I go all out during World Cup time.. meals reflecting whatever country I want to win the match..flags hung.. this should be interesting with me and my child on opposite sides during all of it.

biggy H

Couldn't think of any thing worse.... Not much to make a ride or attraction about apart from a statue, some rain forest and shed loads of slums... Not much else in Brazil and I speak as some who has been there.

I suspect I'll get a few responses not agreeing with this though. Each to their own...
I sus

21stamps

Couldn't think of any thing worse.... Not much to make a ride or attraction about apart from a statue, some rain forest and shed loads of slums... Not much else in Brazil and I speak as some who has been there.

I suspect I'll get a few responses not agreeing with this though. Each to their own...
I sus
I just want to be the First response that fervently disagrees with you. :)

Most countries have slums.. doesn’t mean that there is lack of culture and a lack of many things to appreciate and experience.

jt04

If they put Brazil between Germany and Italy it takes away one of my theories of where an IaSW type attraction could get relocated to Epcot. Oh well rather have a new pavilion.

rael ramone

I wonder if the 'freak' chance that Embraer gets acquired by Boeing might negatively affect this.

(I say 'freak' since the Brazilian government has both the power as well as the will to say no to this transaction).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom