Brambling on the Welsh Coast

dandaman

barnum42 said:
Possibly, but Bramble is a Wesh dog. It's a strange accent Welsh...

I'm tempted to picture Bramble talking in a Scottish voice, like Jock from "Lady and the Tramp". :lookaroun

Thanks for the pics :wave:

Gucci65

Beautiful pics - thanks for posting.

Last time I was in Wales, we stayed in my Aunt's caravan. I actually hated it because (a) it was too small for 6 people AND (b) there was no indoor plumbing (well it was way back in 1978). BUT I loved the beach and the scenery was gorgeous.

- thanks for bringing back some memories for me.

barnum42

Original Poster
Gucci65 said:
Beautiful pics - thanks for posting.

Last time I was in Wales, we stayed in my Aunt's caravan. I actually hated it because (a) it was too small for 6 people AND (b) there was no indoor plumbing (well it was way back in 1978). BUT I loved the beach and the scenery was gorgeous.

- thanks for bringing back some memories for me.
This caravan had two bedrooms with small double beds, and a couple of sleepable sofas. Plus running water, gas stove, water heater and fire as well as loo and shower. We've come a long way since '78 :lol:

But you did remind me of the family holidays we had up to the mid 70's when the caravans had no electricity - everything including the lights was on gas :D

Gucci65

barnum42 said:
This caravan had two bedrooms with small double beds, and a couple of sleepable sofas. Plus running water, gas stove, water heater and fire as well as loo and shower. We've come a long way since '78 :lol:

But you did remind me of the family holidays we had up to the mid 70's when the caravans had no electricity - everything including the lights was on gas :D

At 13 no electricity in the caravan was not a problem, it was the POT I was given in the middle of the night because the loo was missing!!! :lol:

I even remember going to the "disco" one night when we were there - OMG I'm old!!!!

barnum42

Original Poster
Gucci65 said:
At 13 no electricity in the caravan was not a problem, it was the POT I was given in the middle of the night because the loo was missing!!! :lol:
And with no electricity at night you had to use the old technique of, "when your thumb gets wet and warm it's time to stop and empty the pot"

:lol:

figmentmom

Gucci65 said:

...you simply would NOT believe what I thought you were referring to the first time I read your post...

...although I couldn't see how it would help with the bathroom problem...
:lookaroun

Gucci65

figmentmom said:
...you simply would NOT believe what I thought you were referring to the first time I read your post...

...although I couldn't see how it would help with the bathroom problem...
:lookaroun

You did NOT!!!!!:lol:

Had I been referring to that, I probably wouldn't have cared where I went regardless of whether the ______ pot was in the middle of the road in broad daylight.

You and Barnum are cracking me up.:lol: :lol:

AliciaLuvzDizne

yhraon.jpg

how'd they get over there?

barnum42

Original Poster
AliciaLuvzDizne said:
yhraon.jpg

how'd they get over there?
Walked from the right and across - It's not clear in the photo, but they are connected. They would have walked very carefully! :lol:

celticdog

Hey Joe:

Nice pics. I just got back from a trip to Edinburgh. What a beautiful city. We did a combination trip. We spent 3 nights in Scotland and then went to Southhampton to catch the Queen Mary 2 back to New York. The bus trip from Heathrow to the dock went across some pretty countryside. I especially liked the bright yellow fields of rape (sp?). I was also surprised to see the living lawnmowers (goats/sheep) along the sides of some of the reserviors. I was also surprised to hear about the drought that is affecting parts of the UK. It seemed like there was water everywhere.

barnum42

Original Poster
celticdog said:
Hey Joe:

Nice pics. I just got back from a trip to Edinburgh. What a beautiful city. We did a combination trip. We spent 3 nights in Scotland and then went to Southhampton to catch the Queen Mary 2 back to New York. The bus trip from Heathrow to the dock went across some pretty countryside. I especially liked the bright yellow fields of rape (sp?). I was also surprised to see the living lawnmowers (goats/sheep) along the sides of some of the reserviors. I was also surprised to hear about the drought that is affecting parts of the UK. It seemed like there was water everywhere.
Glad you had a good time - did you need the waterproof clothing in Scotland? :lol:

The living lawnmowers are all over the hills in Wales - not just in fenced off fields but by the road. You have to be careful driving as they can wander into the road.

You are right with the spelling of rape seed:

rape-seed-rainbow.jpg

celticdog

barnum42 said:
Glad you had a good time - did you need the waterproof clothing in Scotland? :lol:

We actually had really good weather. It only rained part of one day. We did have some rain overnight on the other days. We were there from May 14 to 17. Edinburgh was nuts on the 14th. The soccer team had won the day before and the city was in full celebration mode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom