Brambling on the Welsh Coast

barnum42

Original Poster
This weekend the GF and I headed to the West Wales coast to spend a couple of days in a caravan usually occupied by her folks.

Did it come with a soft toy in the window?

yhraop.jpg

Nope – it’s the third member of our troop: Bramble

yhraoo.jpg

She loved sitting on the window ledge watching the world go by.And not just the main window:

yhrao7.jpg

Great cliff-side walks, enjoying the rugged coastline.

yhraou.jpg

yhraon.jpg

yhrapr.jpg

barnum42

Original Poster
Plenty of flora and fauna on the walk

yhraoq.jpg

Inventive use of old railway carriages – somebody’s seaside retreat:

yhraow.jpg

A steep decent to a neighbouring beach

yhraot.jpg

After a filling lunch we took an easier route back – the cliff walk decent was very steep and somewhat muddy.

yhraor.jpg

Back at the caravan, someone needed forty winks

yhrao6.jpg

Then when she woke up

yhraoj.jpg

She headed back to her perch by the main window.

yhrap0.jpg

barnum42

Original Poster
Nemo14 said:
Beautiful pics Joe! Bramble is such a cutie - isn't it amazing how quickly she adapted to you two?
Indeed. For the first few weeks she was not the most waggy of dogs. She was always affectionate, but the only time the tail would wag is when she first greeted you.

Now she wags a lot of the time :D

Nemo14

barnum42 said:
Indeed. For the first few weeks she was not the most waggy of dogs. She was always affectionate, but the only time the tail would wag is when she first greeted you.

Now she wags a lot of the time :D
Don't we all!!!

tigsmom

Ok, I wondered what a caravan was... its a camping trailer. :lol:

Such a beautiful site and Bramble seems to be very well adjusted to her new life. I'm sure she is very grateful .

*puts another location on my "would love to travel to" list.*

barnum42

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
Ok, I wondered what a caravan was... its a camping trailer. :lol:
They come in all sizes. The one we were in is more mobile home than a caravan. Yes, it has wheels on the bottom but it's not moved in the twelve years it's been there.

The smaller ones that are seen on the roads are loathed by most people - well at least those trying to get somewhere on a road and instead of doing 60MP are struggling to hit 30 MPH because of a caravan.

barnum42

Original Poster
speck76 said:
no ring yet?
We were in a craft centre but Sue was afraid to let me get her a ring, in case people got the wrong idea :lol:

She settled for a chakra bracelet made from a selection of stones

figmentmom

Your photo of the old railway carriage made me think of my grandparents' old streetcar. My grandfather (quite the character in his day) bought it from the city of Watertown, NY, years and years ago, and fixed it up as a guest house for all of us to use! It was really terrific.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom