Bowling Alley to Wide World of Sports

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
For a small-ish town boy, 100 lanes sounds like a bit much, but I'm guessing that if bowling tournaments are held there it should be possible. I wonder if it will be set up with stadium seating?

DisneyMusician2

I think that making WWOS more accessible to the public is the way to go.

I actually can't believe they haven't thought of adding other things to the complex to draw people there.

jt04

There is no ESPN Zone next door. There is a sports-themed eatery called The Official All-Star Cafe.

As for the bowling alley, I can't imagine it won't be made available to resort guests and day guests, at least when it isn't being used for these massive tournaments. And it's just what WWOS needs -- a reason to go there if you don't know somebody who is playing in a game. Let the tournaments go during the day, have the lanes and accompanying bar/restaurant open to the public at night.

Don't forget in a 100 lane bowling alley there will be plenty of room for other stuff. Such as an Arcade, Billiards, Darts etc. There is no way, no matter how many tournaments they have, that there won't be plenty of open lanes for the general public. I went to the AMF web site and their bowling lanes are AMAZING! Same people that are going across the street from Disneyland.

Just Plain Mark

Original Poster
The Sentinel article has been amended a bit and it states that when the bowling alley is not being used for tournaments that it will be open to the public.

When not used for tournaments, the stadium would be open to the public, Disney officials said Monday.

crazydaveh

I think the bowling alley is a great addition to WDW and WWoS. I just wonder if during the times that guests can bowl, will WDW Transportation be offered to WWoS.

It seems right now, transportation is only provided to and from certain resorts when tournaments for various sports are being played and teams are staying at those certain resorts.

One other question, will the alley be open later in the evening? This will offer people something to do after a day in the parks in the off season when the parks close earlier!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
I think the bowling alley is a great addition to WDW and WWoS. I just wonder if during the times that guests can bowl, will WDW Transportation be offered to WWoS.

It seems right now, transportation is only provided to and from certain resorts when tournaments for various sports are being played and teams are staying at those certain resorts.

One other question, will the alley be open later in the evening? This will offer people something to do after a day in the parks in the off season when the parks close earlier!

We still have a few years, but I'm sure it will be open later in the evening. As for transportation, there is currently (or at least was last fall) service from DHS to WWOS, but it ends early in the evening. I'm sure, like everything else, that this will be constantly reconsidered in light of needs and demands.

Mannoroth

There is always a bus from AK to WWoS.

imamouse

How many rooms do all three All-Star resorts contain? These events will take 40,000 - 59,250 AS rooms for the duration of the events. That sounds like a lot, but it could be only 10% of all AS rooms :shrug:.

My concern is that [although great], these events will reduce value resort availability to an impactful level for vacationing guests.

uklad79

How many rooms do all three All-Star resorts contain? These events will take 40,000 - 59,250 AS rooms for the duration of the events. That sounds like a lot, but it could be only 10% of all AS rooms :shrug:.

My concern is that [although great], these events will reduce value resort availability to an impactful level for vacationing guests.

Or create demand for more value rooms to be built?

hokielutz

I guess that takes care of the bowling alley in pleasure island rumor.

Neeeext?

I never thought there was enough room on that island to even put in a small bowling alley (20 lanes). what were they gonna do?? put the building on stilts over the water?

Besides... a 100 lane facility is monstrous. (i've only seen local facilities that go up to 40 lanes). So this could be a huge draw for families looking for something to do at night.

jt04

The rumor was the clubs would close and a bowling alley would go up

I have been thinking they may still add a "boutique" (hope that word is not getting overused) bowling alley to the island. Basically the new style is to have lanes available (10 or 12) for patrons of a lounge or club. Probably quite pricey to bowl there though.

Someone mentioned the new facility is a few years away but I am not so sure. The sponsored tournaments won't happen for a few years but that wouldn't keep the lanes from opening much sooner. I think this will be a centerpiece of the ESPN upgrades.

People are not ready for what a 100 lane facility will be like. An attraction unto itself. Can't wait!

They will definitely have to run bus service and I wouldn't be suprised if it stayed open until 1:00 or 2:00 AM regularly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom