Bouncebacks

Korfar

This questions is for anyone that has been to the world recently and stayed on site. Did you get bounceback offers that included 2011? We are going in September and hope to get a bounceback offer that we can use for August of 2011. Thanks for any input you have.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If I made a reservation for a bounceback offer, do I put down $200, or does the trip need to be paid in full at time of booking?
Bouncebacks for packages [ie. free dining] require a $200 deposit with the balance due 45 days before check-in. Bouncebacks for room-only require a one-night's stay deposit and balance is due on check-in.

Upvote 0

sbkline

^^^ Thanks for the great update. I can't wait to see if we get one. I hope we do. I would like the 40% off a deluxe. We have neve stayed in one but at that discount I would consider the Comteporary Tower or Poly.

Not that it really makes much difference to the topic, but just to correct myself a little, the bounceback wasn't a blanket 40% off every resort. It was kind of like the percent off offer that I took advantage of for our April trip. 45% off a Deluxe Villa Resort, 40% off a Deluxe Resort, 35% off a moderate, I think...and 25% off a Value resort, if I remember correctly.

Again, that info really doesn't make any difference and you're talking about booking a Deluxe anyway, so it wouldn't affect your plans, either. I just felt like I should correct myself a little.

But again, with August only a month and a half away, I'm looking forward to seeing if I can really apply that bounceback offer to a March or April trip, even though the written offer itself specified only particular date ranges in 2010. If I can't get the Wilderness Lodge for 40% off under that bounceback offer like I was told by two CMs on the phone before we checked out, then I'll have to decide if we want the WL bad enough to pay full price, or just downgrade to a moderate.

Upvote 0

kapeman

Resort rookie here with a couple of questions:

1. Do they offer BB dates in July?

2. For moderates, are the BB rates better or worse than the AP rates?

3. If staying in Jan could you book a BB for July of that same year?

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

meganw1985

I have never booked a bounceback, but am thinking about it when we go in Sept. I'm hoping to book one for Dec 2011 during Christmas break, or at least book one and change it to Dec 2011. I think I've seen them on the table before (little cards in the shape of clocks?) but never paid too much attention...

Staying at AKL this time. Hoping for Poly @ Christmas next time!!! :xmas:

Upvote 0

fosse76

Thanks!!!

When I went to ASMu last month, the Bounceback was tiered. Since I only stay at the Values, I didn't book the offer because it was only 25%. I finally booked my next trip because I saw a discount for 35% off (or maybe it was 30%, don't remember). Book the bounceback, and if a better discount comes along you could change it.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Bounce-Back Offers Explained!

Currently those staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort at Walt Disney World "may" find a bounce-back offer in their room upon arrival. The key word is "may" as the offer is only posted in our resort rooms as need from time to time to drive bookings for select travel dates.

The current offer, if available during your stay, is for very limited amount of select travel dates from now to December 24, 2010. There are no travel dates for 2011 on the current offer since pricing and packages have not been finalized for any travel dates in 2011. The current room-only offer can be upgraded to a Magic Your Way Package, a Magic Your Way Quick Service Dine Package, a Magic Your Way Plus Dine Package or a Magic Your Play Plus Deluxe Dine Package. The discount percentage of the current offer varies by Resort Tier and if booking a vacation package the discount only applies to the room portion of the package price.

Things to remember...

Guest must currently be checked-in at a Walt Disney World owned and operated Resort at time of booking and only one room may be booked for each "in house" adult (age 18+.) An instant deposit is required at the time of booking as no courtesy holds are allowed on this offer. The deposit requirement is $200 per reservation if booking a vacation package, or one night's lodging with tax if booking a room-only reservation.

Although not required, we ask that you please call from your in-room phone (this is a free call) and have your current reservation number with you. This will make validating your current booking much faster. Also please always call the dedicated number listed on the in room flyer as only specially trained Cast Members can book this offer for you.

If you originally booked through a travel agency, you will be given the option for the new booking to be associated to the same travel agent as your current stay.

Once booked, you may modify or cancel your reservation, but standard modification policies and fees will apply (see below*). If you are changing your travel dates, the discount rate will be applied based on the availability of the bounce-back offer you are booked under for your new travel dates. Remember only a limited number of rooms are available for any discount offer, and this offer has very limited selected travel dates.

sbkline said:
However, I was told that what they can do is have me book a fictitious stay for sometime in 2010 to hold the bounce-back code for me, and then in August, when 2011 rates come available, I can just change my dates over to whatever date we actually plan to visit in 2011. When I called back again to inquire further and actually take advantage of the offer, I talked to a different CM and he verified what the previous one had told me. So I talked to two different CMs who told me that I could book a fictitious trip for 2010 and then change the dates over in August and still be able to take advantage of the bounce-back code.

I do apologize, but you may have been given incorrect or at least incomplete information. You can modify your dates within the current offer you are on or switch to another discount offer you may qualify for, however you cannot switch to a different bounce-back offer than the one you were originally eligible for. Note sometimes the same bounce-back offer travel dates are extended and therefore you may be able to switch to different dates not originally listed, however if a different bounce-back offer is released (such as free dine or different room discount percentages) then you would not be eligible to switch to that new offer.

kapeman said:

As the bounce-back offers and selected travel dates can change at anytime without notice, you would really need to wait until you arrival and see if an offer flyer was placed in your room.

* Room-Only reservations can be modified any time prior to arrival without penalty. If there is an increase in the nightly rate for your first night's lodging you must pay the difference at the time of the modification. You can cancel your reservation five days or more prior to your arrival date without penalty. If you cancel within 5 days of arrive, you would forfeit your first night's lodging amount with tax.

* Vacation Package reservations can be modified any time up to 45 days prior to your arrival date without penalty. Any change within 44 days prior to your arrival date are subject to a $50 change fee if the change results in a lowered total package price. This change fees is always waived if the change results in an equal or higher package price. There will always be a $15 Special Handling Fee for any change occurring within 14 days prior to arrival. If you cancel reservation within 44 to 7 days prior to arrival you are subject to a $100 cancellation penalty. If you cancel within 6 to 0 days prior to arrival you are subject to a $200 cancellation penalty. If you purchased Airfare, vacation insurance, or other 3rd party components, you are subject to any supplier fees/penalties imposed by those providers for any modification or cancellation to your package that affect these components. Remember, if you did include vacation insurance and you need to change or cancel for a covered reason, you may file a claim with the insurance provider, and if approved be reimbursed for any of the above fees or penalties.

Upvote 0

rpk4444

Currently those staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort at Walt Disney World "may" find a bounce-back offer in their room upon arrival. The key word is "may" as the offer is only posted in our resort rooms as need from time to time to drive bookings for select travel dates.

The current offer, if available during your stay, is for very limited amount of select travel dates from now to December 24, 2010. There are no travel dates for 2011 on the current offer since pricing and packages have not been finalized for any travel dates in 2011. The current room-only offer can be upgraded to a Magic Your Way Package, a Magic Your Way Quick Service Dine Package, a Magic Your Way Plus Dine Package or a Magic Your Play Plus Deluxe Dine Package. The discount percentage of the current offer varies by Resort Tier and if booking a vacation package the discount only applies to the room portion of the package price.

Things to remember...

Guest must currently be checked-in at a Walt Disney World owned and operated Resort at time of booking and only one room may be booked for each "in house" adult (age 18+.) An instant deposit is required at the time of booking as no courtesy holds are allowed on this offer. The deposit requirement is $200 per reservation if booking a vacation package, or one night's lodging with tax if booking a room-only reservation.

Although not required, we ask that you please call from your in-room phone (this is a free call) and have your current reservation number with you. This will make validating your current booking much faster. Also please always call the dedicated number listed on the in room flyer as only specially trained Cast Members can book this offer for you.

If you originally booked through a travel agency, you will be given the option for the new booking to be associated to the same travel agent as your current stay.

Once booked, you may modify or cancel your reservation, but standard modification policies and fees will apply (see below*). If you are changing your travel dates, the discount rate will be applied based on the availability of the bounce-back offer you are booked under for your new travel dates. Remember only a limited number of rooms are available for any discount offer, and this offer has very limited selected travel dates.

I do apologize, but you may have been given incorrect or at least incomplete information. You can modify your dates within the current offer you are on or switch to another discount offer you may qualify for, however you cannot switch to a different bounce-back offer than the one you were originally eligible for. Note sometimes the same bounce-back offer travel dates are extended and therefore you may be able to switch to different dates not originally listed, however if a different bounce-back offer is released (such as free dine or different room discount percentages) then you would not be eligible to switch to that new offer.

As the bounce-back offers and selected travel dates can change at anytime without notice, you would really need to wait until you arrival and see if an offer flyer was placed in your room.

* Room-Only reservations can be modified any time prior to arrival without penalty. If there is an increase in the nightly rate for your first night's lodging you must pay the difference at the time of the modification. You can cancel your reservation five days or more prior to your arrival date without penalty. If you cancel within 5 days of arrive, you would forfeit your first night's lodging amount with tax.

* Vacation Package reservations can be modified any time up to 45 days prior to your arrival date without penalty. Any change within 44 days prior to your arrival date are subject to a $50 change fee if the change results in a lowered total package price. This change fees is always waived if the change results in an equal or higher package price. There will always be a $15 Special Handling Fee for any change occurring within 14 days prior to arrival. If you cancel reservation within 44 to 7 days prior to arrival you are subject to a $100 cancellation penalty. If you cancel within 6 to 0 days prior to arrival you are subject to a $200 cancellation penalty. If you purchased Airfare, vacation insurance, or other 3rd party components, you are subject to any supplier fees/penalties imposed by those providers for any modification or cancellation to your package that affect these components. Remember, if you did include vacation insurance and you need to change or cancel for a covered reason, you may file a claim with the insurance provider, and if approved be reimbursed for any of the above fees or penalties.

I hope that this ia an easy question for you.
I am currently booked Aug 25th- Sept at CB. We are planning to celebrate a birthday at WDW in Apr 2011. Can I talk to anyone to see if there is a bouceback for then?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi RPK, The answer is only available once you actually get to your resort. Is there a chance? Certainly and I have been seeing them a lot in my travels to WDW so Id certainly be hopeful. Is it a guarantee? No. All discounted offers including bounceback offers are done by Disney and at their discretion. They are certainly not guaranteed to be there or to be any specific type of offer such as a room discount or Free Dining etc. If you dont have a card in your room, I would certainly check in with your hotel to see if perhaps your room just was skipped in error, as I have heard of that type of thing happening before, but there may be a chance that nothing is being offered at that time as well. Also as you are looking at vacation dates in 2011, understand the regular priced packages havent even been released as of yet. Discounts on those will not be happening until after the regular package offering are made available. It would be the equivilent of asking for a sale price on a 2012 Ford Mustang, which hasnt been released yet and not had a pricing developed for it as of today.
JP As always, the best answers from the official source!!!
Hope this helps! Belle

Upvote 0

KnK

Just got back yesterday from a couple of days at WL. In the room they had a bounce back for next year at 40% off room rate for select days in 2011.

Upvote 0

mp2bill

I'm pretty sure the offers I've seen have gone at least a year ahead, lots of folks have talked about reserving the same time frame the following year. If the offer card in your room doesn't offer the dates you want, call anyway and ask if there are offers available.

Ditto

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom