Bounceback is out for Free Dining!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
We got a slip in our room to book free dining for 2012.

We are booked!!!

Sorry about the quality. It was taken with my phone in the hotel room!

FreeDining.jpg

Scuttle

Now I wonder if they will come with for the general public. They did last year..that is how I booked the trip we just took. While there in 2010 the BB back still for 2010 and about 2 weeks after getting home they came out with FD and I booked. Ended up getting a better discount of 40% off room in January but it sure is a feeling knowing your going back.

Ya see I think the 40% off is the better deal, especially for me and girlfriend. We don't get our money's worth with the free dining plan. Plus paying rack rates isn't exactly cheap.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I could care less about Free Dining. Without a discount, I refuse to stay on Disney property anymore. And that's really sad, because just 5 years ago, I wouldn't have stayed off property if it were free. That just goes to show how ridiculous Disney Resort pricing has gotten to be.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Discount have given us a reason to stay longer and now I dont want to cut back on days but with no discount I cant afford to stay as long as I am use to. :( and going at CHRISTMAS like I would like....boy its really out of the question and we know there will NEVER be a discount for that! :xmas:

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
With the rack rates and 35% off JUST our room would have been $1,231 saving us $371.

Paying for the dining plan would cost 3 of us $1,931.58

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That is what you say now!!! :lol: :wave:

No believe me...after seeing what we see for two weeks...there is just no chance it is happening unless we bring Gram(s) down to take all the load. I hate carrying my camera with me...let alone a 30 pound jerk that whines and cries about everything.

Well Sarah does actually carry Tom around and he is a little heavier than 30 pounds so I guess it CAN be done.

Upvote 0
I took advantage of this last week when I was in WDW.

I booked Port Orlean's Riverside for next august.

Does anyone know how it works to 'change' these packages?

My flyer had Value & Moderate on it.
Since I already booked it, am I allowed to call and see if there is any availablity at WL?

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Since I already booked it, am I allowed to call and see if there is any availablity at WL?

It sure cant hurt to try. When you call let the CM know you booked on a bounceback and they will transfer you to the correct department or get the number off one of the pictures in this thread and call that number direct. Good luck!! :wave:

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

They let you make changes to it. I have done it plenty of times. Adding people, dropping people, changing addresses, name spellings...

Upvote 0

boufa

Can someone explain this to me. If you are paying "non discounted" or rack rates for the package, in essence you ARE paying for your dining. It is not free.

I don't think any one savvy enough or who is enough of a Disney fan to be on these boards would pay rack rate.

The only way I can figure that this is free dining is to book the package then call Disney later to apply a discount that's being advertised to the room. (Disney runs discounts year round either on their own site, "saver" fan sites or Expedia/Travelocity. Even Jet Blue runs discount Disney resort rates).

Until Disney stops running discounts for resorts I don't see how dining is free. Unless maybe the savings on food is greater than resort price? I haven't done the math for different scenarios. Has anyone done the math and reached the conclusion that paying full price and getting a dining plan is cheaper than getting a good rate on resort/airfare?

Your point of view is common, but too absolute. Yes, it is based on rack rates, and yes you must trade one form of discount for another. There are several things to consider.

1) Physoclogical impact of the offer... People often times jump on free dining because free food sounds better than a discount on a room... thats borrong.

2) Value level free dining is nearly ALWAYS a good deal. Of course it varies from person to person, the more people in your group the better it is. Rack rate discounts on a value room are in the 25% range. 25% off of a $90 room is $22. Free dining is a $35 (ish) discount per person... so free dining wins, in most cases. If you were not going to do the dining plan, or are going to spend a lot of time at universal, etc, then you might still do better with room only discount... most of the time however free dining wins easily, even if you upgrade to the regular plan.

3) Moderate levels... now its a break even. You really need to do the math. on the surface if you have more than 2 people in the room then you are better off with free dining over room discount. However, IF you were not planning on doing all that TS meals, you would have to add the tips in to the cost of the food, and now you might end up spending more money than you had thought... a lot of people forget about the tips, they add up. If you were planning on lots of TS meals, and you have 3 or 4 people in your group then free dining wins again... if not, then go with a room only discount.

4) Deluxe.... NEVER GET FREE DINING! No matter how you do the math there are very, very little chance that the free dining is worth it. Nearly every single room only discount will save you money vs free dining.

No, the food is not truly free, but nothing in life is. You CANNOT STACK DISCOUNTS so you need to do the math and see what works better for you. Free dining can be a great offer, for some people... more than you would think.

In my case (2 adults, 2 kids, pop for 7 nights with dining even if it was not free) the room only discount was $143, the kids play free offer was $496 in savings and the free dining was $658 in savings. So I was very happy to be stupid and pay rack rates. :sohappy:.

(plus with F&W during my free dining trip this year, we are banking half of our snack credits and using them at the booths... love it!)

Upvote 0

Alison1975

That was not the offer when you and I were there...its was still for 2011. So dont let it get you down. I am hoping it will come out to the general public soon like it did last year. If I see something I will be sure to PM you. But with the youngest DD heading off to her 1st year of college I dont think the dates are going to work for me. :( and I am really upset about it.

U sure? Someone who was there the same dates had it in their room and booked!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom