Booking through Disney

corey154

Just FYI....I had booked Florida resident rate directly with Disney months ago. Well for whatever reason I was playing around in Expedia and ran the dates I'll be there and found the same resort, same room type....$50 a night cheaper. Also found some moderates $90 a night cheaper. I ended up canceling my original ressies and rebooking with Expedia. I downsized b/c i originally had a deluxe and went to a moderate, but I got POFQ for $107 a night vs. my original ressie at Wilderness Lodge for $250 a night. Even though Expedia had Wilderness Lodge for $199, I decided that I'd rather save the extra money and do character dining. So from now on I'd recommend trying a travel agent and I'm personally going to research my trips better!

Andrew54

Yes. I agree with all they are a great company and provide great information. But why does it have to be Contact me for information. Why can the information not be available to other people with with the same issue. I mean there is no reason to post a thread if your only response is to contact someone privately.

Im going to leave this thread now, because I did not intend to start a war against KK nor an argument. My apologies

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes. I agree with all they are a great company and provide great information. But why does it have to be Contact me for information. Why can the information not be available to other people with with the same issue. I mean there is no reason to post a thread if your only response is to contact someone privately.

Im going to leave this thread now, because I did not intend to start a war against KK nor an argument. My apologies
The only time I will answer "contact me" is when I would be quoting a vacation package for someone. To do that I need to get information that most people would not want to make public such as travel dates, kids ages, special needs etc. For the sake of their privacy I will not discus such things in an open forum.

When someone asks a direct question like How much is the dining plan?
or How do I get a birthday cake at WDW? I give a direct answer.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor

I am not sure I am following what you are asking. The only time that I will put contact me is if someone wants quote information or if we post that a new discount has been released and then we usually will say contact us now if you want to book it and we list all of the agents. :shrug:

I did not see this as a war or argument thread at all. You asked why threads become KK billboards and you recieved answers so again I am confused by your post.

Pam

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi Corey, I know I certainly didnt take your post as offensive, and I Am pretty sure most others didnt either. You were simply stating your experiences in hopes of helping others get a better vacation experience for less money. That is just simply awesome!!!!
Hi Andrew, I agree with Richard, the only time I ask a member to contact me privately via phone, e mail or PM is if I am going to ask them some personal information and would like to protect their that information. If I can answer a question that is a general answer and not dependent on the travel party/ dates/ resorts selected etc, I certainly will do so. Belle

Upvote 0

corey154

Original Poster
Hi Corey, I know I certainly didnt take your post as offensive, and I Am pretty sure most others didnt either. You were simply stating your experiences in hopes of helping others get a better vacation experience for less money. That is just simply awesome!!!!
Hi Andrew, I agree with Richard, the only time I ask a member to contact me privately via phone, e mail or PM is if I am going to ask them some personal information and would like to protect their that information. If I can answer a question that is a general answer and not dependent on the travel party/ dates/ resorts selected etc, I certainly will do so. Belle

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Tater48

well maybe one trip i will try them

If you do, you will never use anyone else afterwards. I used to book directly through Disney, but the last few trips and the one coming up in December have been handled by my "Ace in the hole", Marie. I will never use anyone else. Thanks for everything Marie.:wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

If you do, you will never use anyone else afterwards. I used to book directly through Disney, but the last few trips and the one coming up in December have been handled by my "Ace in the hole", Marie. I will never use anyone else. Thanks for everything Marie.:wave:

You are so very welcome, I lovr helping my clients experience all the magic that Disney has to offer!!! Belle

Upvote 0

tink@heart

Thanks to KK for all of the great work you provide for magical trips! However, I do have to disagree wholeheartedly with your recommendation for Quicksilver transports! In all of my trips using airport transfers from private companies, I have never been so disappointed by the unprofessionalism, rudeness, and maliciousness towards myself and my group. I will never use them again and I would never recommend them to anyone in the future. They made a simple mistake in quoting us a price and on the day before our arrival, they realized the mistake and called me to inform me that they had indeed priced our transfers incorrectly. They then refused to honor our original quote (which was in writing) and then refused to pick us up at the airport---period! I had less than 20 hours to find transfers for 10 people. I'm sorry, I know that they are sponsors of this site but....Never again!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom