Pre-Trip Booked yesterday - only 33 days to wait

Hi there

I had to do my first pre trip just to share the news that I am going to Disney and as the title suggests I have to wait just 33 days!

The countdown that was at 274 days is still there but this one has jumped in front!

2D9DA072-A586-46FE-8CFB-2D670D81DA45.jpeg

So how did this happen? Good question!

So my news years resolution was to go for a walk during my lunch hour for any days I worked at home - I never take a lunch hour so this in itself would be a challenge and I’m still trying to get rid of the weight I gain while in Disney in November so walking seemed a good option to clear my head and get some exercise.

So I asked Chris if he fancied a walk and yes he did so off we go..........

The holiday year at work starts on 1st April and runs to the end of March and I still had days to take but where to go?

So the conversation goes

Chris (will be C for future parts of the conversation) - so what do you fancy doing?
Me “I don’t really want to get on a plane I’ll be happy with a log cabin near a forest so we can do some walks”
C - “I fancy some sun”
Me “so what are your thought?”
C - “Mexico, Caribbean, Canaries”
Me- “we’ll lets see how much they are but that’s getting in a plane and I fancy just getting in a car and going somewhere”
C - “we could always go to Disney!”

Well right there and then I knew why I had married this man! His love of Disney has grown over the years - he’ll never be at my level but trust me he is getting there! Had he really just suggested WDW?

With a massive grin on my face I looked back at him and said

“We only went in November, we’re already booked for Nov 2018 I think it will be too expensive - are you serious? I didn’t wait for the reply - I tell you after that conversation the whole walk sped up so we could get home and check out prices.

Once home prices were checked - nothing seemed reasonable, Mexico was checked along with loads of other things

A day or 2 went by nothing sorted, no decision made, still discussing options - Then one night I was watching TV and a voice out of the study says

“How about Disney for £1400 each

My reply - do we have to walk there? What does that include? Bet those flights aren’t direct.

C- “hotel, direct flight and park tickets - it’s not Riverside though - is All star sports

- those of you who have read my TR in the last will know I’ve been to Disney 21 times (all Nov trips except in May 1998) and always at Riverside but this would mean I could go to Disney again albeit not in my beloved Riverside.

I did hesitate at this point and I turned to my WDW friends and posted in the trip planning forum around crowd levels for March and they told me what I already knew - that I wanted to go! Bite the bullet, ignore the crowds, better a busy day in Disney than anywhere else!
Did I need them to tell me. Probably not but as we couldn’t make the decision I knew my friends would - thank you. :)

So fast forward to last night - checked the price again - moved it forward a week and the price was cheaper - so booked it :D
total £2620 for a direct flight with Virgin, 14 day lark ticket and 10 night in All Star Sports. RESULT :D

November we have 14 nights hotel and park tickets at POR for £3458 and I don’t have a flight yet! Which will probably add another £1000

i am treating this whole trip as a bonus - we haven’t got our ticket reference number yet to do any fast passes so let’s see what happens - I’m hoping as we’re 33 days out at least the offsite guests won’t have booked anything yet

I can’t believe that I am going again - is this a dream?
In just 33 days I’ll be back home! We leave on 12th March!

108CF419-844B-43D7-9E15-99AC2DF4A1B8.jpeg

You just got to love this man!
He is my Prince Charming

555E0E0D-2F2F-40BA-B786-821068588458.jpeg

I had 2 things that I’d like to see and do in Disney

One was flower and garden - I love gardening and can’t wait to see everything
And the second is a not so scary Halloween party -

So if any of you have any tips for March, things to do, weather then please let me know

I am literally beyond excited and had to share with those who’ll understand.

Last edited:

Longers

Original Poster
With the golf the hotel will call you a cab and it is paid for by Disney. Kelly took uber to target and I believe it was 15 USD each way. We had no problem using it not having a US plan.

Thanks for that really helpful - Chris just needs to decide now if he wants a game of golf as he’ll need to hire the clubs as I think that will be cheaper than taking them now that a Virgin charge (where they didn’t before).

Matt and Kelly

Thanks for that really helpful - Chris just needs to decide now if he wants a game of golf as he’ll need to hire the clubs as I think that will be cheaper than taking them now that a Virgin charge (where they didn’t before).

The rental fee wasn't too bad, though I only played 9 holes. It cost me an extra $25, which would have been cheaper than bringing my own clubs on the plane, which I wouldn't have done unless I was playing multiple rounds. Fee for 18 holes is $40.

There are some pretty great sunrise/sunset deals to possibly look into if he just wants to get out for a quick 9.

Longers

Original Poster
The rental fee wasn't too bad, though I only played 9 holes. It cost me an extra $25, which would have been cheaper than bringing my own clubs on the plane, which I wouldn't have done unless I was playing multiple rounds. Fee for 18 holes is $40.

There are some pretty great sunrise/sunset deals to possibly look into if he just wants to get out for a quick 9.

Thanks for the info I’ll let him know and then who knows I might be on my own one morning/PM (or 2, or 3)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Does anyone know if you want to play golf on a Disney course will they pick you up from a Disney hotel? @blgauger (maybe one for Dylan?)

The past 12 years we have had a car but this year we haven’t booked one yet (not sure if we will) and if Chris decides to play golf he might not be able to get there!

Also as we don’t have the dining plan we will probably need supplies from Wallmart (and there’s some other bits we want). What’s the best way to get there? Anyone know how much a cab might be? Is Lyft that I’ve heard mentioned easy to sort on non US phones without us paying for calls?

We might decide on a car yet - just waiting for my bonus at work to be confirmed but won’t know until month end!

My husband has golfed quite a few times at Disney and will be again when we are there in March. He has used the taxis to and from the golf course which is complimentary through Disney. I think he had to have a voucher that either bell services or the front desk gave him (I can't remember right now) but it wasn't a hassle at all. He has done the sunrise 9 deal at Lake Buena Vista, Magnolia and Palm and really likes that deal. Sometimes he has done the Sunrise 9 deal at one course and then used the free taxi to go to another course.

He has always rented clubs and he has nice clubs at home and says that Disney's are better than his. The first time he used Disney's shoes but now takes his own, just because my hubs has wide feet so the shoes at Disney aren't comfortable for him.

Usually when hubs is golfing I enjoy a solo morning in the parks, this time I might do a tour. Too bad you weren't going to be there the day my hubs set aside for golfing. Our husbands could have paired up for golfing and we could have ridden Big Thunder Mt together!

Longers

Original Poster
My husband has golfed quite a few times at Disney and will be again when we are there in March. He has used the taxis to and from the golf course which is complimentary through Disney. I think he had to have a voucher that either bell services or the front desk gave him (I can't remember right now) but it wasn't a hassle at all. He has done the sunrise 9 deal at Lake Buena Vista, Magnolia and Palm and really likes that deal. Sometimes he has done the Sunrise 9 deal at one course and then used the free taxi to go to another course.

He has always rented clubs and he has nice clubs at home and says that Disney's are better than his. The first time he used Disney's shoes but now takes his own, just because my hubs has wide feet so the shoes at Disney aren't comfortable for him.

Usually when hubs is golfing I enjoy a solo morning in the parks, this time I might do a tour. Too bad you weren't going to be there the day my hubs set aside for golfing. Our husbands could have paired up for golfing and we could have ridden Big Thunder Mt together!

Chris has golfed quite a bit too but it’s only been since we’ve hired a car. I think he has options now to think about.

Oh no that would have been fun - us in the parks, the hubbys golfing - when is Brad playing? Is that before we arrive?

12in12

I downloaded Lyft on my phone when I got to the hotel and linked it to my PayPal account. I found it easy to use and round trip to Target cost me $30 tip included.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
All fast passes have been booked

Like I said in an earlier post there were no FOP and to be honest I wasn’t too worried about what we did get - that was really the only 1 I would have liked.

I have got 4 BTMRR though :)

I’ll keep looking for a FOP but don’t hold out much luck I just wish you could type in a ride name and it showed you options for the whole of your trip - maybe something for Disney to think about!

I’m also not too worried if we do miss any FP and head somewhere else I am really just going to see where this trip takes us and adjust as I’m there

All I know for certain is that on our first day in the park 13th March I will be in Magic Kingdom with the biggest grin on my face!

That would be a really great feature!!

Love your collection! I’ve bought a couple of the Jim Shore pieces for my daughter. She has the Cinderella mice in the teacup. So cute! We have a boat load of Tsum Tsums. I went a little overboard on those and became more excited than she was, so have slowed down. We are looking forward to several new things in March. We haven’t done FOP yet & I was able to get 3 FPs for it. That led to buying park park hopper tickets, so that we don’t spend our entire trip in AK, LOL. We’ve never seen HEA, so reserved a dessert party for Viewing. Fun to have new things. We go every year. Mostly March! I think this’lol be my 16th visit?!! So, not long to wait now!!!! Disney here we come. We do mother/daughter trips. You are so lucky to have a Disney loving man to go with you!!!!!!

We did the dessert party and the viewing area is really great!! We went during Christmas when it was wall to wall people and the dessert party area had so much room to stretch out and relax. The for was meh though, so just keep in mind you don't have to show up as early as they tell you to

blreinsel

Does anyone know if you want to play golf on a Disney course will they pick you up from a Disney hotel? @blgauger (maybe one for Dylan?)

I'm a little late but yes, free transportation from your resort the the courses. :) You'll go to the stand outside of the lobby and the CM will call a cab for you. Make sure he has his ID, as it's required to get past the front gates to the course. When he's finished, the CM's that welcome him back off of the course will offer him transportation to anywhere on property he wishes to go. The CM will give him a voucher to take into the pro shop where the CM's (probably Dylan :)) will call a cab to come and get him.

As others have mentioned, the rental clubs are super nice and aren't terribly priced for a round. I'm not sure what kind of magic he can make happen, but if Dylan is working, tell Chris to mention that you and I are "Disney friends" so they can poke fun at us behind our backs if nothing else. :p

Longers

Original Poster
I'm a little late but yes, free transportation from your resort the the courses. :) You'll go to the stand outside of the lobby and the CM will call a cab for you. Make sure he has his ID, as it's required to get past the front gates to the course. When he's finished, the CM's that welcome him back off of the course will offer him transportation to anywhere on property he wishes to go. The CM will give him a voucher to take into the pro shop where the CM's (probably Dylan :)) will call a cab to come and get him.

As others have mentioned, the rental clubs are super nice and aren't terribly priced for a round. I'm not sure what kind of magic he can make happen, but if Dylan is working, tell Chris to mention that you and I are "Disney friends" so they can poke fun at us behind our backs if nothing else. :p

Thank you I think he has decided not to play but he could change his mind!
Also that’s so sweet to say mention Dylan. I think they would make fun of us but I don’t care Disney friends are the best!

Longers

Original Poster
I saw my friend yesterday and told her about my Disney trip!
I literally had tears in my eyes as I was telling her - she loves Disney too so it was so cool telling her as she really gets it and my love of everything Disney. We both did a Disney dance together!

It’s still really strange though as I know I’m going but it still hasn’t quite sunk in! :D

Longers

Original Poster
So as I had to get a new passport in January I tonight have applied for my ESTA - Chris was just laughing that I couldn’t put in Riverside as my hotel while in the US - that’s not very nice is it!? We had to look up all the details, address, phone numbers etc for the form. (I will amend the application for our Nov trip don’t worry)

So ESTA done and no immmediate approval - stomach turning moment right there....

Chris even said if I couldn’t go he would have to go alone!

What have I done to him - on our first trip I had to talk him into going and now he’s made this trip happen and if can’t go he is going without me!

Who am I kidding I’m so proud he has taken to Disney and now has the same love and passion I have :)

Anyhow an hour later all approved - we are doing Disney together...........

LeighM

So as I had to get a new passport in January I tonight have applied for my ESTA - Chris was just laughing that I couldn’t put in Riverside as my hotel while in the US - that’s not very nice is it!? We had to look up all the details, address, phone numbers etc for the form. (I will amend the application for our Nov trip don’t worry)

So ESTA done and no immmediate approval - stomach turning moment right there....

Chris even said if I couldn’t go he would have to go alone!

What have I done to him - on our first trip I had to talk him into going and now he’s made this trip happen and if can’t go he is going without me!

Who am I kidding I’m so proud he has taken to Disney and now has the same love and passion I have :)

Anyhow an hour later all approved - we are doing Disney together...........

There's a chance our area could be facing a snowstorm around the time of our vacation. Meterologists should know more by the weekend - something about the blocking that's currently over UK that's supposed to move over Greenland, which affects the troughs. It takes a lot of thing to align perfectly for a big Mid-Atlantic snowstorm. Fingers crossed that blocking pattern stays over the UK lol. But I was telling my husband my concerns about leaving what amounts to a stranger alone in our house to take care of our 3 pets during a big storm. He too told me he would go without me so I could stay home with the animals. So very loving :)

Longers

Original Poster
There's a chance our area could be facing a snowstorm around the time of our vacation. Meterologists should know more by the weekend - something about the blocking that's currently over UK that's supposed to move over Greenland, which affects the troughs. It takes a lot of thing to align perfectly for a big Mid-Atlantic snowstorm. Fingers crossed that blocking pattern stays over the UK lol. But I was telling my husband my concerns about leaving what amounts to a stranger alone in our house to take care of our 3 pets during a big storm. He too told me he would go without me so I could stay home with the animals. So very loving :)
I guess we have a few weeks to go yet so fingers crossed it doesn’t affect any of our travels.
I love how these men think they are going without us - not a chance!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom