Pre-Trip Booked yesterday - only 33 days to wait

Hi there

I had to do my first pre trip just to share the news that I am going to Disney and as the title suggests I have to wait just 33 days!

The countdown that was at 274 days is still there but this one has jumped in front!

2D9DA072-A586-46FE-8CFB-2D670D81DA45.jpeg

So how did this happen? Good question!

So my news years resolution was to go for a walk during my lunch hour for any days I worked at home - I never take a lunch hour so this in itself would be a challenge and I’m still trying to get rid of the weight I gain while in Disney in November so walking seemed a good option to clear my head and get some exercise.

So I asked Chris if he fancied a walk and yes he did so off we go..........

The holiday year at work starts on 1st April and runs to the end of March and I still had days to take but where to go?

So the conversation goes

Chris (will be C for future parts of the conversation) - so what do you fancy doing?
Me “I don’t really want to get on a plane I’ll be happy with a log cabin near a forest so we can do some walks”
C - “I fancy some sun”
Me “so what are your thought?”
C - “Mexico, Caribbean, Canaries”
Me- “we’ll lets see how much they are but that’s getting in a plane and I fancy just getting in a car and going somewhere”
C - “we could always go to Disney!”

Well right there and then I knew why I had married this man! His love of Disney has grown over the years - he’ll never be at my level but trust me he is getting there! Had he really just suggested WDW?

With a massive grin on my face I looked back at him and said

“We only went in November, we’re already booked for Nov 2018 I think it will be too expensive - are you serious? I didn’t wait for the reply - I tell you after that conversation the whole walk sped up so we could get home and check out prices.

Once home prices were checked - nothing seemed reasonable, Mexico was checked along with loads of other things

A day or 2 went by nothing sorted, no decision made, still discussing options - Then one night I was watching TV and a voice out of the study says

“How about Disney for £1400 each

My reply - do we have to walk there? What does that include? Bet those flights aren’t direct.

C- “hotel, direct flight and park tickets - it’s not Riverside though - is All star sports

- those of you who have read my TR in the last will know I’ve been to Disney 21 times (all Nov trips except in May 1998) and always at Riverside but this would mean I could go to Disney again albeit not in my beloved Riverside.

I did hesitate at this point and I turned to my WDW friends and posted in the trip planning forum around crowd levels for March and they told me what I already knew - that I wanted to go! Bite the bullet, ignore the crowds, better a busy day in Disney than anywhere else!
Did I need them to tell me. Probably not but as we couldn’t make the decision I knew my friends would - thank you. :)

So fast forward to last night - checked the price again - moved it forward a week and the price was cheaper - so booked it :D
total £2620 for a direct flight with Virgin, 14 day lark ticket and 10 night in All Star Sports. RESULT :D

November we have 14 nights hotel and park tickets at POR for £3458 and I don’t have a flight yet! Which will probably add another £1000

i am treating this whole trip as a bonus - we haven’t got our ticket reference number yet to do any fast passes so let’s see what happens - I’m hoping as we’re 33 days out at least the offsite guests won’t have booked anything yet

I can’t believe that I am going again - is this a dream?
In just 33 days I’ll be back home! We leave on 12th March!

108CF419-844B-43D7-9E15-99AC2DF4A1B8.jpeg

You just got to love this man!
He is my Prince Charming

555E0E0D-2F2F-40BA-B786-821068588458.jpeg

I had 2 things that I’d like to see and do in Disney

One was flower and garden - I love gardening and can’t wait to see everything
And the second is a not so scary Halloween party -

So if any of you have any tips for March, things to do, weather then please let me know

I am literally beyond excited and had to share with those who’ll understand.

Last edited:

Longers

Original Poster
Wow! Congrats! On the trip, on FOP! on just everything!

ps. This is the longest pre-trip I've ever read! LOL!

Thanks I think it was meant to be!

And is that a good or bad thing on the Pre TR?
Good because you’ve read it all or bad because there is too much? Or something else?

I’ve only ever done TR’s but I couldn’t contain my excitement and had to share with others that “get it” in my first pre TR

I still feels like a dream

Rista1313

Thanks I think it was meant to be!

And is that a good or bad thing on the Pre TR?
Good because you’ve read it all or bad because there is too much? Or something else?

I’ve only ever done TR’s but I couldn’t contain my excitement and had to share with others that “get it” in my first pre TR

I still feels like a dream

Oh it wasn't a bad thing! Lots of comments from others, which means they are excited for you as well!
72 days for me....

Minnesota disney fan

Hi Tracey! Enjoyed reading the pretrip.
I am so excited!!!! We will be leaving next Tuesday, the 27th. I can't believe it is almost here! Still have to pack my bag and do all the extra stuff, but it's all part of the fun.
We have had major snow storms here this weekend with 18+ inches of new snow. I hope that the snow stays away up here and down in the cities on Tuesday! Keep your fingers crossed. It is always a gamble on the weather this time of year to travel from here.
You will be at a "new" resort, and so will we, at POFQ.
I love the ice cream pictures thanks so much:)
I am so happy for you guys and will write about our trip when I get home. I haven't tried to do a trip report yet, so will catch you up on how FQ was, and Pandora. Just a little incentive to get you more excited:)
So nice to share excitement with you!

Longers

Original Poster
Oh it wasn't a bad thing! Lots of comments from others, which means they are excited for you as well!
72 days for me....

Ah that’s good then. It’s nice so many of us share the same passion for Disney - I feel like I know loads of people on here and Call them all friends - I think they are excited for a TR too!

How excited you have a trip planned too - hopefully you have all your plans in place

Longers

Original Poster
Hi Tracey! Enjoyed reading the pretrip.
I am so excited!!!! We will be leaving next Tuesday, the 27th. I can't believe it is almost here! Still have to pack my bag and do all the extra stuff, but it's all part of the fun.
We have had major snow storms here this weekend with 18+ inches of new snow. I hope that the snow stays away up here and down in the cities on Tuesday! Keep your fingers crossed. It is always a gamble on the weather this time of year to travel from here.
You will be at a "new" resort, and so will we, at POFQ.
I love the ice cream pictures thanks so much:)
I am so happy for you guys and will write about our trip when I get home. I haven't tried to do a trip report yet, so will catch you up on how FQ was, and Pandora. Just a little incentive to get you more excited:)
So nice to share excitement with you!

Hi I have been thinking of you as we have been counting down to our trip I shall keep everything crossed the snow stays at bay for you. Make sure to keep me posted on how you are getting on. I am sure FQ will be ok - I know we both love a Riverside but I am actually quite excited to see how another resort is and who knows if this works out I might be able to have 2 trips a year for the same money.

Just think in a few short days you’ll be in the sunshine in the most magical place on earth eating ice cream and having fun - So excited for you...........

Rista1313

Ah that’s good then. It’s nice so many of us share the same passion for Disney - I feel like I know loads of people on here and Call them all friends - I think they are excited for a TR too!

How excited you have a trip planned too - hopefully you have all your plans in place

I think so... this is my first time back in 23? years... and DH.. hasn't been in we think about 40 years. I have all the adrs set... now just 12 more day until FP's.

Longers

Original Poster
I think so... this is my first time back in 23? years... and DH.. hasn't been in we think about 40 years. I have all the adrs set... now just 12 more day until FP's.

Oh my goodness that is so exciting so many new things for you to see.
Good luck with the FP - you must get a flight of passage (FOP). They are the ones that are really hard to come by now. It’s an amazing ride!

I’m excited for you to experience it all again....

Longers

Original Poster
I’m bumping your pre trip report because I am a selfish Disney ear obsessed fool but if you see the flower and garden ears I will pay you an enormous sum of money!!!!! :p

Hi Nicole - enormous sums of money hey!?!!!

I will be more than happy to pick some up for you - remember I’d be shipping from the UK though not the US as unfortunately I am not a US citizen :( only in my dreams...........

Are these ears hard to come by like rose gold ones or should I take a picture and then send to you to check?

prfctlyximprct

Hi Nicole - enormous sums of money hey!?!!!

I will be more than happy to pick some up for you - remember I’d be shipping from the UK though not the US as unfortunately I am not a US citizen :( only in my dreams...........

Are these ears hard to come by like rose gold ones or should I take a picture and then send to you to check?

I am not sure if they will be hard to come by :( I tried so hard last year to get the festival ears, but my harassment of everyone in Disney World was unsuccessful LOL!

These are the ones for this year... if you cannot find while you’re browsing it is okay! I don’t want you going out of your way but if you happen to see them! I’d love you forever even though I already do ;)
8308CA44-8288-4F73-99F9-C9BD1073907F.jpeg

becca_

I am not sure if they will be hard to come by :( I tried so hard last year to get the festival ears, but my harassment of everyone in Disney World was unsuccessful LOL!

These are the ones for this year... if you cannot find while you’re browsing it is okay! I don’t want you going out of your way but if you happen to see them! I’d love you forever even though I already do ;)View attachment 267317
If it is too difficult for @Longers to ship them ($$$) I know someone going in March and May who lives in the US and might be able to help you out ;)

Longers

Original Poster

These are the ones for this year... if you cannot find while you’re browsing it is okay! I don’t want you going out of your way but if you happen to see them! I’d love you forever even though I already do ;)View attachment 267317

Challenge accepted! I’ll keep you posted

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No

I will be down there next month as well... plus, I can just drop them off to you. I don't think we live too far apart from each other.

Longers

Original Poster
Sorry to hijack your thread @Longers but this girl needs her ears!!!!! Hopefully one of my Disney friends will be successful!! :)

No worries

I think at this rate you’ll either end up with loads of ears as we’ll all get them or you’ll have none as we’ll all think someone else has got them for you!

We need a plan!

Obviously I will start looking from 12th!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom