Bomas restaurant

tiggerlover1971

My family and I want to try this restaurant in the Animal kingdom lodge when we go in two weeks. Does anyone know how the food,atmosphere, or anything else about it that they would like to share. comments will be appreciated. We heard the food was very good

DanStat

LOVE IT!

I absolutley love Boma! It's very good! You should also try breakfast there too! They're both very good...but I'm partial to the AKL anyway.;)

You might also want to try Jiko too.

Just make sure to order the "zebra domes"! :slurp:

They both are tops on my list! BTW...if you are not staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, you need to make priority seating (I don't know why, we didn't have to wait period, and we were there at Spring Break!), if you do not show, they will charge your credit card $10.00 for every person who doesn't come. This prevents people from just going to see the new resort and animals...and prevents other people from selling the PSs.

Enjoy! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

NADisney

We've dined there twice ,first in Dec then this past May trip.The food was great and the desserts are mouth watering.They rotate the desserts more then the regular buffet.

Upvote 0

Cricket2713

Ate there last August and my friend and I thought we would have to be carryed out of there. The food was wonderful. and the zebra domes are a not to be missed dessert. Our waiter was great and when we asked him what he would recommend for us to try he took us to the buffet and explained every dish to us. That's probably why we ate so much. Everything he recommended was delicious.
Can't wait to go back. I'm drooling just thinking about it and I still have another year to wait.:)

Upvote 0

Goofette

Bomas is fantastic. You won't be disappointed. Even my 8 yr old liked a lot of the things they had. I loved the muligatawney (sp?) soup but the rest of the gang didn't. We ALL loved the Zebra domes. Just go hungry, because it will fill you up. Can't wait to go back.

Upvote 0

Disneypro

Boma is on our must-do list for every trip to WDW. I'm with Goofette, the Mulligatawney is awesome :slurp: and the desserts are yummy. They also have this dish called Fufu that I just can't get enough of. There are quite a number of different salads to try as well. Oh and just one other thing, breakfast here is great as well:)

Upvote 0

Erika

How far in advance to you need a PS? :confused:

I was thinking we'd hop in to see AKL and maybe grab something to eat. Guess we've got to actually plan it out! I'm kind of a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants vacationer. Oh well.

Upvote 0

Goofette

Erika, just from our experiences eating there, I would say you would definately need a PS for this. We had to wait even with a PS and we were staying right there at AKL. Make sure you get your PS before you try getting into AKL or they won't let you into the resort. And remember they'll charge your credit card 10.00 for a no show. If you go, enjoy!

Upvote 0

Erika

Thanks Goofette!

I'll have to bring this up with everyone. I'm so glad I found out NOW! I would have been in for a pretty big disappointment otherwise.

Upvote 0

Goofette

Originally posted by Erika
Thanks Goofette!

I'll have to bring this up with everyone. I'm so glad I found out NOW! I would have been in for a pretty big disappointment otherwise.

When is your vacation planned for? I have another year before I take my daughter back. But I have been working my tail off (literally) getting into shape and so I'm trying to be patient and wait until March 8 rolls around.

Upvote 0

Erika

We are not going until October. It will be my husband, my brother-in-law, my mother-in-law, and me.

We are ALL a little :p and very :sohappy: about WDW!

Upvote 0

DanStat

We didn't need a PS at the Boma...but at Jiko...that's another story...we went for breakfast, and didn't have a PS (@ Boma), and only waited 5 minutes.

Upvote 0

Goofette

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
We didn't need a PS at the Boma...but at Jiko...that's another story...we went for breakfast, and didn't have a PS (@ Boma), and only waited 5 minutes.

That's great. We never ate breakfast just dinner at Bomas. Maybe we just hit at the wrong times, but it was always packed with people waiting when we went in the evening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom