BOMA WATCH!

Stellajack

Premium Member
Original Poster
So is Boma worth leaving HS early to get an 8:00pm ADR?
I would hesitate to say either yes or no to someone who hasn't dined at BOMA. We usually have an ADR here on arrival non-parkday; a late 8:30 or 9 p.m. seating when most children are gone or finishing up.

JohnD

I would hesitate to say either yes or no to someone who hasn't dined at BOMA. We usually have an ADR here on arrival non-parkday; a late 8:30 or 9 p.m. seating when most children are gone or finishing up.

Actually, I have been to Boma. The ADR I'm looking at is still there by the way. Just wondering if I really need to stay until HS close for the animation show.

Irie

Can anyone that has had breakfast @ Boma since the reopening tell me if a long time server named Albert was working? He is Jamaican.

Indy_UK

Thought I would ask and I guess it applies to all buffets.

Is it frowned upon to stock up on whole fruit and muffins/pastries at these buffets and take to the parks for snacks for the kids?

RememberWhen

Yes. You pay for what you're going to eat that that meal inside that restaurant.
While this is true, I don’t see any particular harm in throwing one apple or banana in your bag, especially at a character meal where the kids are often distracted and not eating as much as they might otherwise.

“Stocking up” would definitely be frowned upon.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Glad I checked. In Disneyland Paris I see people doing it all the time.

Of course. It's to comply with the French law that when exiting any establishment with a kitchen, you must have a fresh baguette to put in your bicycle's basket.

1651337168317.png

JohnD

Thought I would ask and I guess it applies to all buffets.

Is it frowned upon to stock up on whole fruit and muffins/pastries at these buffets and take to the parks for snacks for the kids?
You might get away with taking several bananas or other fruit. Bananas, especially, are easy travel fruit for later. Taking muffins would be overkill.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
The standard refrain here, though, would be, "But, my server didn't yell at me for filling my bag with food for later."
"But the police officer didn't pull me over when I was clearly in excess of the speed limit"

mlayton144

You might get away with taking several bananas or other fruit. Bananas, especially, are easy travel fruit for later. Taking muffins would be overkill.
While we are on the subject of Bananas , Disney charges $2.50 for a banana or so I’ve heard - who is the bigger criminal - someone that stuffs 3 bananas in their bag after paying for a $30 plate of eggs , or Disney for charging $2.50 for a banana?

jaklgreen

While we are on the subject of Bananas , Disney charges $2.50 for a banana or so I’ve heard - who is the bigger criminal - someone that stuffs 3 bananas in their bag after paying for a $30 plate of eggs , or Disney for charging $2.50 for a banana?
Restaurants know that people do this and build it into their pricing. It is not an issue unless you are getting ridiculous. Like, you can't bring in a bag full of Tupperware and load up on a full meal. But as someone who has worked in food for decades, most places really don't care if you take a banana or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom