BOG Lunch FP = Success IMO

I had already made reservations through the link but still got an email about the test lunch the day I arrived. We had reservations for Sunday and everything went smoothly! We had just maybe a 5 minute wait and the food was out very quickly. I want to say it was under 10 minutes.

dennis woodard

i just had a weird experience with the BOG FP+ , i booked it about a month ago thru the bog lunch website and i have checked it a few times since then and everything was cool so i go to check it today to print out the times and 1 the website has changed and 2 my FP times weren't there its 3 days til my trip but i was able to go back in and get a date for that same day but not the same time ,now i'm wondering if i have 2 FP set up

TRONorail12

I would try every day to see if they become available-people change their plans all the time and it is not uncommon for something to pop up.
In relation to the notable differences between lunch and dinner it's not quick service at dinner, the room with the music box is closed for guests, due to them needing one room to have a eye wash basin because they're serving alcohol, but I think that's it.

All 3 rooms are open for dinner and lunch. After seeing how busy the restaurant was, they opened 5 more server sections in the Rose Gallery, which is the same amount of sections in the West Wing.

TRONorail12

Important information all guests NEED to know about the BOG Fastpass:

1) If you cannot select a FastPass, you CAN STILL DINE at BOG. It is a FastPass, but the restaurant is still open to ALL guests with a normal queue just like ANY attraction.

2) If you are having TECHNICAL ISSUES with the BOG FastPass website - Go to the MYMAGIC+ SERVICE CENTER AT TOWN SQUARE THEATER for assistance. That is what they are there for.

3) If you cannot select a FastPass, the FastPasses are GONE. CM's at BOG WILL NOT MAKE EXCEPTIONS JUST BECAUSE YOU GOT AN INVITATION. The invitation is only inviting you to the separate website for the BOG FastPass.

4) If you cannot decide on your food, have allergies, or have special dietary needs, 'DO NOT CHOOSE Direct To Table', just choose the regular FastPass/Arrival Window option and order at the restaurant to ensure all of your needs are properly met.

5) If there are any issues with your order, you decide last minute to change something, or something didn't properly register in the system or you selected the regular FastPass for BOG, you will still have to wait a short time in line just like any other FastPass for a normal attraction at Disney.

6) THE DISABILITY ACCESS CARD CANNOT BE USED AT BOG. The card was designed for access to attractions. Be Our Guest is a RESTAURANT and does not fall under the guidelines of the program regardless of the new FastPass service.

7) Direct To Table/FastPass is not an ADR. You are not reserving a table in the restaurant, you are reserving an arrival time that you will be present. It is quick service dining, so seating is first come, first serve. There are 3 rooms to choose from, so you will still need to find a clean table on your own. If you have a large party or multiple parties with the same FP window, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE that everyone will be able to sit together. The only guarantee with the FastPass is front of the line access.

8) If you want to try the "Grey Stuff", you must order the Master's Cupcake. Telling CM's it's your birthday or marking it on MyDisneyExperience or the BOG website will not get you free food due to the high volume of guests the restaurant does on a daily basis.

9) You CANNOT add guests to your FastPass who are not staying in your hotel room. The FastPass is ONLY for the guests staying in the room. The CM's have all of the information right in front of them, they know who has a FP and who doesn't. Just like an attraction, you can't just bring some random person up to the FastPass line who does not have one.

10) Be realistic. Every Disney resort guest is going to be trying to get this FP and the reality is that you may not get it the day you are trying for or your entire trip. It's not the end of the world. You can still wait in line like I mentioned before. The shortest times are first thing in the morning when they open at 10:30 or the last hour between 1:30-2:30.

Castle Dreamer

Just got my FP for lunch on May 7th. As of today, 29 days from check in. I have been checking daily since 60 days out and kept getting the select another day message. I received an email this morning that my magic bands have shipped. Coincidence that FP opened same day that bands shipped?? Don't know but very happy to get it!! :p

cw1982

I received an email this morning that my magic bands have shipped. Coincidence that FP opened same day that bands shipped?? Don't know but very happy to get it!! :p

Definitely a coincidence. My MB window for customization doesn't close until May 1, and I can go in and book June 1 or June 2. I'm still holding out for June 5 or 6... if it comes down to it, I might just take my chances with waiting in the regular line for a late lunch since we tend to get up late and thus our meals are typically a little later than traditional times anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom