BOG FP+ only?

tissandtully

FYI - I was there last week with another family. When they went up to check in (for their FP+ lunch reservation) and they said they had two people come to the desk as 'walk ups' and were told 45 - 1hr wait to get in. So
1. You can still walk up
2. Wait isn't horrible for someone dying to eat at a 'must see' restaurant at the busiest park in the World.

For the record and a bit off topic --

I think both the lunch and dinner at this joint are outstanding for their own reasons.

The lunch - above and beyond any 'counter service' besides maybe WGPE
The dinner - not the best on property but soooo far from the worst and the atmosphere of this place put it COMPLETELY over the top.

If you're going in there strictly for a meal that you're planning on comparing to CG or Yachtsman's you're going to come out disappointed (although I don't know why you would as those are signature restaurants)
But compare it to the average sit down restaurant on property and you should be more than happy. If you're a Disney fan then you should come out of that meal\experience absolutely thrilled.

This is something that has changed recently, ie.. today. AllEars is reporting that it is strictly FP+ only, unlike before when you could still walk up and maybe get in.

TRONorail12

This is something that has changed recently, ie.. today. AllEars is reporting that it is strictly FP+ only, unlike before when you could still walk up and maybe get in.

It's not strictly FP+ only. They have been letting in several hundred guests right when the restaurant opens at 10:30am before converting to FP+ for most of the day. They have been also passing out a LIMITED number of standby return cards. Also, depending on how busy they are and if tables are available, they have been opening up the standby line again around 2-2:30 before they close (but it's not a guarantee).

PixieBeth

It's not strictly FP+ only. They have been letting in several hundred guests right when the restaurant opens at 10:30am before converting to FP+ for most of the day. They have been also passing out a LIMITED number of standby return cards. Also, depending on how busy they are and if tables are available, they have been opening up the standby line again around 2-2:30 before they close (but it's not a guarantee).

Right, that's what they've been doing. This is a new post on allears from today though. I'm wondering if they truly mean Fastpass+ or if they mean the "Fastpass" that the resort guests have been getting and reserving through the separate web site. It's a very short post without much detail at all... http://allears.net/news/top-news.htm?id=1656

JTT

What's confusing to me is that you have; 180 days ADRs and 60 days FP+ but nowhere is it written when you can get a FP+ reservation for a BOG lunch.

Most get it at 27 days out, some say 25, others have had to wait longer. It's a mystery (and not the good kind). :(

rd805

I seriously don't understand what was wrong with how they operated the BoG lunch for the almost two first years of it's operations. This has become the most ridiculous thing ever.

Exactly --- this is what everyone who is frustrated believes. This doesn't make it any easier for the public, and requires more planning. I CAN'T ORDER MY MEAL 3 WEEKS BEFORE I GO. This is absurd, i don't know what i want to eat that day, or what i had eaten for breakfast.

it is a joke --- with that being said, i'll be there in 2 weeks lol.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I use the website for BoG FP+ and we're staying 10/14-23rd and I can only make FP+ through the 20th. I really wanted lunch at BoG for the 21st but I don't have that option to choose.

tissandtully

Nope. FP+ only now.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Oops my bad! :( I see they're testing this type of thing out on Toy Story Mania this week as well. CRAZY stuff.

ttalovebug

I seriously don't understand what was wrong with how they operated the BoG lunch for the almost two first years of it's operations. This has become the most ridiculous thing ever.

Ditto. The old system was fine, the line wasn't even too long of a wait. Geez, this was my new favorite place at the MK. This is so disappointing. The attractions and services available to AP day guests just get more and more limited.

Is it seriously true that as an AP I can no longer eat at BOG for lunch?

Just when I think my opinion of how they're running this resort can't get any lower.... :devilish:

CDavid

I read that the paper ticket system in the early AM for walkups... is now over.

Nope. FP+ only now.

Is this otherwise confirmed or being reported anywhere besides Allears? Not to doubt either of you, but if this is true, then Be Our Guest (BOG) is effectively now restricted to on-site WDW resort guests only. That seems odd. No off-site guests will be accommodated (for lunch) at BOG; Such a move suggests someone at Disney hasn't thought things through.

Captain Neo

wow Disney World is really giving guests harsh lessons in capitalism it seems by dividing the haves from the have nots. Wonder what will become FP+ or "pay to play" next

tissandtully

Ditto. The old system was fine, the line wasn't even too long of a wait. Geez, this was my new favorite place at the MK. This is so disappointing. The attractions and services available to AP day guests just get more and more limited.

Is it seriously true that as an AP I can no longer eat at BOG for lunch?

Just when I think my opinion of how they're running this resort can't get any lower.... :devilish:

I'm assuming it's a limited time test, can't seriously be permanent like this.

tissandtully

And you pre-selected your meal, didn't you? ;)

FWIW, you don't HAVE to select your meal when you book your BoG FP+, but it is an option, really there's not much on the menu anyways, so it's not hard to imagine people will know what they want. It's either the Roast Beef (which used to be steak) sandwich or the Coq au vin, everything else is meh.

asianway

No, that would be not upping the quality at every other MK dining establishment over the past two years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom