BOG FP+ only?

CDavid

I'm hearing the same thing from our Disney people. It'll be FP+ only as of Oct 31, and the FP+ will count as 1 of your 3 advance FPs.

Thanks for the reply. So, not until October 31st; I assume if the FP+ is one of your three, then it will be open and bookable by any guest with FP+ access (annual passholders and off-site guests included).

lentesta

Premium Member
That's.. wow. Really? Lunch is an attraction!

Stating the obvious, there's way more demand for BoG lunch, than there is capacity to handle it.

I'm moderately surprised they didn't just raise prices until demand started to match supply. Of course, that might have meant $30 ham-and-cheese sandwiches, and I wouldn't have been happy with that either. But they turned down the obvious revenue.

The existing BoG FP+ system was separate from the ADR and attraction FP+ system, so I see how that's confusing to people. But I'm not sure that making it an "attraction" costing 1 FP+ is a better solution.

One way this could make sense, is if Disney sees sufficient day-of FP+ availability for most attractions, most days, through 2 p.m., that they don't think this will be a particular burden, and will simplify the reservation process. So they'll say "Yeah, you need to spend an advance FP+ on lunch, but most days there's enough availability right after lunch, for pretty much anything you want to do for the rest of the day."

I could be wrong.

TeriofTerror

Is this otherwise confirmed or being reported anywhere besides Allears? Not to doubt either of you, but if this is true, then Be Our Guest (BOG) is effectively now restricted to on-site WDW resort guests only. That seems odd. No off-site guests will be accommodated (for lunch) at BOG; Such a move suggests someone at Disney hasn't thought things through.
The Disney Food Blog is reporting it, as well. She references All Ears, but I think all would agree that Deb at All Ears and AJ at DFB tend to be pretty reliable.

WDW1974

Thats just vulgar.

A fastpass so you can eat a meal? No thank you.

The food is mediocre at best. The restaurant is loud. And they built it without sufficient restroom facilities.

You don't like this, folks?

Call Liz Clark head of MK Food and Beverage or Phil Holmes MK VP. I am too lazy to head into my office and pull up their numbers, but any CM here can help you or simply call the main WDW switchboard and ask to be connected.

It's that simple.

While you're complaining, ask them to reopen Aunt Polly's for their special Spirit.

momof1princess

I tend to believe what I read on DFB, They've not let me down before. I did spy with my own little eyes return passes being handed out on Tuesday, but I didn't hear how long the wait was. I guess that's ending soon, or they save passes for random times when they have a lot of no-shows.

tenchikiss

Currently on the phone with Disney dinning. Can't make this up folks but she is telling me I can simply wait in line an hour for BOG. She has no idea about the FP+ test despite me telling her twice about it.

TeriofTerror

FWIW, I don't see Disney charging for FP+. I do see them manipulating FP+ and the entire MME (MDE? MM+?)enterprise to "encourage" guests to stay on-site, and possibly push them towards deluxes. My guess is that the BOG development is Disney dipping their toes into the pool to test the temperature. But this is, of course, nothing but complete speculation on my part.

tenchikiss

Okay so my super confusing phonecall is now over. I called up originally to ask what was being done in regards to annual passholders not staying onsite and fastpass plus for Be Our Guest. She advised me to wait in line which could be up to an hour long. I told her the standby lines have been eliminated and word on MANY websites was the fastpass paper cards were out as well, that it was fastpass + resort guest only. Was put on hold and she came back with this nugget of news. On any given day they will hand out paper fastpasses as long as capacity has not been reached by resort guests. So if capacity has already been reached for tomorrow there will be no paper fastpasses. But if there was still capacity they would be handing out the paper fastpasses, limited as they are, around opening time until the cards run out. She said several times this was the case and the paper fastpasses (or i guess standbys in this case) have not been eliminated, that they always have been on option that is based on the capacity of the restaurant on any given day. She said several times this was a test and that maybe one day Visa and Annual Passholders might be included. Or that I should wait for the popularity to die down and it was a walk up once again.

Sped2424

I actually think unlike the other tests this one will receive backlash. At least with the other way guests sorta had a chance to dine if they were staying off property. Now they don't at all. Now I am not saying the bog menu is great but it is far better compared to the same chicken nugget and burger combo that is everywhere else on property. The carved turkey sandwich and the french onion are really quite good.

Nmoody1

Magic Kingdom is in dire need of at least two more sit down restaurants to help alleviate the table service problem it currently has.

My problem with Disney's view of east side AP holders continues to grow...

Did anyone see the DL APs enjoying a free rice crispy treat at the Halloween party and a free screening of sleeping beauty with the free gift of a CD? :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom