Body Wars 2016 Update

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
*REPOST* Some up-to-date pics of Body Wars I posted in a few threads, but thought it deserved it's own thread. So without further ado, Begin Reduction Mode!
image3.jpeg

Ahh, The Wonders Of Life. Time for some props to be gutted and new ones imported? I guess so.
IMG_3436.JPG

Yep. Looks like Flower & Garden is on it's way out.
image4.jpeg

Is that more F&G, or new F&W? Whats that stuff on the wall? It that what I think it is?
image5.jpeg

Could it be?
image6.jpeg

These pictures look all the same now don't they?
image2.jpeg

You can see the MET's "T" if you are familiar with BW in this shot.
IMG_3434.JPG

I have cropped out this little white sign in the other pics, but it is in this one.
IMG_3430.JPG

Miniaturized Exploration Technologies, stylized as MET, is most likely a reference to the pavilion's late sponsor Metropolitan Life or Metlife. You know, the one with the annoying Snoopy ads.
IMG_3435.JPG

This sure is a big sign isn't it? They sure did outdo themselves here.
IMG_3432.JPG

I think the Dermatopic Purification system is down, it's unsafe now. Probably ridden with germs.

(See next post for my last pic)

catmandoo

I remember back in the day, my dad worked for Met Life, so we got to go back in the fancy lounge in the Wonders of Life pavilion. There was, for some reason, a carousel horse... along with several comfy chairs and a fountain where we could get some soda and relax while we waited to ride Body Wars. Sadly, I do not have any pictures of this, after my parents passed away I'm not sure where all our old photos ended up.

Mouse Trap

I think the problem is that CM's are not supposed to be taking back stage photos (or at least shouldn't be releasing them publically), and if it was taken by a guest then they were likely someplace they shouldn't have been.

Totally understand what we are getting at here, but on a forum where people obsess and worship those who leak "secret" company information on new attractions, shows, offerings, etc... that clearly violate NDA's and would result in termination from the company and/or legal implications I think precedent has clearly been set that some rule breaking is accepted and even promoted.

raven

WHY DO THEY LEAVE THIS EMPTY TO ROT AS F&G and F&W STORAGE?????

UGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Previous storage for these types of things were outside behind the Morocco pavilion exposed to the elements all year. If there's any unused indoor space then they are going to use it.

radiorae

Something about temporary ___ for food and wine ____. That's all I could make out of it

I think the last word is "elements". The other blank is trickier... it looks almost like "Temporary home for loading of Food & Wine Festival elements", but I don't think it's quite right -- there is some kind of capital letter/symbol in front of "home" (if that is the word). "Loading" might also be "load-in" or some other phrase.

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
I remember back in the day, my dad worked for Met Life, so we got to go back in the fancy lounge in the Wonders of Life pavilion. There was, for some reason, a carousel horse... along with several comfy chairs and a fountain where we could get some soda and relax while we waited to ride Body Wars. Sadly, I do not have any pictures of this, after my parents passed away I'm not sure where all our old photos ended up.
That's cool! Sorry to tell you the most up to date photos of that place is at a Disney Official Website and they are painting over the entire place. If you worked for Metlife you also got to skip the line for Body Wars, but in the late-90s up to when it closed there was almost never a wait time. That's one of the reasons the place closed and was left to rot and deteriorate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom