Bob Weis to replace Bruce Vaughn as head of Walt Disney Imagineering

lazyboy97o

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

jt04

I just read a tweet from another site that states Joe Rhode is now franchise leader for all WDI Marvel projects. Is this report valid? If so, I'm excited, and a bit curious about how he'll handle this ... marvel universe is very different from his other (awesome) work.

Read that Iger's family was connected to Marvel back in the day. So by placing JR in this position obviously means Iger thinks highly of him. IMO.

GiveMeTheMusic

Read that Iger's family was connected to Marvel back in the day. So by placing JR in this position obviously means Iger thinks highly of him. IMO.

Iger didn't put him in that position. Do you think Bob Iger busies himself with which Imagineer gets which portfolio? Please.

Uh Oh, Looks like Iger wants to get ride of Rohde with this move

Why would it mean that? It means Rohde is in charge of at least one major project (Marvel in DCA), plus others down the road for Paris and Hong Kong.

And if anything, Rohde should have scored major points with Iger for playing along on Avatar and actually digging into that work and pulling out something that looks like it's going to be truly gorgeous.

jt04

Iger didn't put him in that position. Do you think Bob Iger busies himself with which Imagineer gets which portfolio? Please.

Why would it mean that? It means Rohde is in charge of at least one major project (Marvel in DCA), plus others down the road for Paris and Hong Kong.

And if anything, Rohde should have scored major points with Iger for playing along on Avatar and actually digging into that work and pulling out something that looks like it's going to be truly gorgeous.

Marvel is clearly near and dear to Iger. I would agree with you had Iger put him on any other project but my guess is, because it is a Marvel project, he personally selected the lead Imagineer. Just a hunch.

jt04

With conjecture like that, you should be in charge of all Fantasyland projects worldwide.

You should get over the spirited meme that Joe was being pushed toward the exit. Nothing could be further from the truth clearly. And it clearly is clouding your judgement.

GiveMeTheMusic

You should get over the spirited meme that Joe was being pushed toward the exit. Nothing could be further from the truth clearly. And it clearly is clouding your judgement.

I didn't say a word about Joe heading for the exit. On the contrary, I said above he should have scored some points by playing ball on Avatar. It is ludicrous to assume that Bob Iger personally assigned Rohde to Marvel. Iger has real issues to deal with and a giant multinational corporation to run. He is not filling his very valuable time with Imagineer portfolio assignments.

jt04

I didn't say a word about Joe heading for the exit. On the contrary, I said above he should have scored some points by playing ball on Avatar. It is ludicrous to assume that Bob Iger personally assigned Rohde to Marvel. Iger has real issues to deal with and a giant multinational corporation to run. He is not filling his very valuable time with Imagineer portfolio assignments.

Agreed except for Marvel-Land. If that is what is percolating. Again, Iger has a family legacy with Marvel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisner_&_Iger

Last word on this from me. Thanks for the interaction.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom