Bob Weis to replace Bruce Vaughn as head of Walt Disney Imagineering

Goofyernmost

Just from watching video clips...Vaughn seemed like a real cocky little Delta Oscar Uniform Charlie Hotel Echo... in interviews and question sessions with fans...

Anyone know if Rhode will ever make it up the ladder that far?
He can't!! Every time he tries to climb that ladder, he trips on his earlobe or the earring gets caught on the rung!

Seriously, they will never promote him to any position like that until he looks much more corporate. Right now, he couldn't even Crazy Glue that hole in his ear closed.

Nmoody1

Kathy Magnum adding Paris and Cruise Line... The Imagineer behind shops and restaurants.... more up charges for disney cruise line?! I know Imagineers don't make that kind of decision but even so...

Hopefully means some exciting movements for DCL though!? Or will she be focusing her attention on Cali's disney springs and then Paris post 25th anniversary and then onto DCL?!

FrankLapidus

WONDERFUL choice. Never cared for Vaughn. He seemed inauthentic to me. Anyone else get that feeling?

I did. He always seemed more of a salesman than an Imagineer to me, one of those people who looked comfortable in front of a camera but always left you wondering what exactly he did at WDI; what attractions did he have a hand in? He just always seemed a bit smug to me, generally off-putting.

Bob Weis has the credentials for the job. It will be interesting to see the wider effects of this change, if there are any.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

There's a lot going on under the hood at Imagineering. Chapek wants to see some changes.

yes there is and this sounds like some good moves for a change,,, time will tell. Maybe Chapek isn't so bad after all. Glad Weiss moves up and Vaughn out all together for the reasons already mentioned here. And maybe when new things are announced it wont take them a decade to build something for now on etc.

Goofyque'

Glad to see they corrected the original article from Weiss to Weis. Not that the basketball coach would not have done a great job, just might have been a shock when he showed up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom