News Bob Iger talks about attendance declines, ticket pricing, the feud with Ron DeSantis, and his huge optimism for Disney Parks and Resorts

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Notice how NO ONE in a nametag has said a word about the box office for months? A Disney hallmark has always been pumping the tires of films to draw attention to the entire house.

There must be a standing hush order?

Cultural zeitgeist doesn’t get the cash it used to - interest rates must be too high?
Maybe those in nametags are just all lazer focused on the WDW park expansions. 👀

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And I shall make it a threesome.
You get “middle”
I’ll put in a request for adjoining rooms. We can party all night eating Mickey ice cream bars and using our refillable resort mugs while watching sidekick tightpants video to us on the resort tv.

@Sirwalterraleigh - bring your popcorn buckets
are we talking that creepy pop up?

…I’m gonna need cuddles if so

G00fyDad

fine.jpg

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Todays interview with Iger reminded me how incredible his PR training is. Especially in comparison to how bad Chapeks was. He really could’ve pivoted to politics. I guess his $40M compensation package is a really stark difference to the salary of a public servant.

Man, that interview was not his best work. He's very good at PR but it was a bad look to talk about how Disney pricing and attendance is fine while at Billionaire Summer Camp in Sun Valley, ID.

And he's getting rightfully rolled this morning on his comments about the actors and writers being unreasonable. I saw a stat where the average hollywood writer makes $69,150 a year. Iger makes $74,175, a DAY.

But the writers and actors are the unreasonable ones.

Br0ckford

Premium Member
Man, that interview was not his best work. He's very good at PR but it was a bad look to talk about how Disney pricing and attendance is fine while at Billionaire Summer Camp in Sun Valley, ID.

And he's getting rightfully rolled this morning on his comments about the actors and writers being unreasonable. I saw a stat where the average hollywood writer makes $69,150 a year. Iger makes $74,175, a DAY.

Are we sure this wasn't an AI sweater?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Iger is like a politician in many ways. Telling us what we should think and feel when they have no idea how the common person lives

It’ll be interesting to see how much backlash he gets, especially as he stated how Disney (chapek) didn’t handle the thing well with Florida

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Iger is like a politician in many ways. Telling us what we should think and feel when they have no idea how the common person lives

It’ll be interesting to see how much backlash he gets, especially as he stated how Disney (chapek) didn’t handle the thing well with Florida

Desantis' war room has already put out a presser saying that they've won the culture war with Disney based on that interview yesterday. The worst part was when he said that he couldn't answer what was reasonable, and now it comes out that he's having his home renovated while laying off 7,000 employees of TWDC. It's really a bad look.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Desantis' war room has already put out a presser saying that they've won the culture war with Disney based on that interview yesterday. The worst part was when he said that he couldn't answer what was reasonable, and now it comes out that he's having his home renovated while laying off 7,000 employees of TWDC. It's really a bad look.
Iger’s celebrating his strategy of planned CEO continuation/extension by making more and laying off more. Gotta love it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s the battle of “desperate” vs “really desperate”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
is it possible they left Iger in charge to potentially orchestrate a deal whether it be a merger/sale etc knowing they have dug a hole way too deep already?
My hunch is that’s the only thing they’ll want…and they’ll never admit it.

The answers to your questions are “yes” and “yes”

The buyer…apple, Amazon, meta and google being the logical flyer options…will hold more and more leverage because all of iger’s initiatives are failing now.

They’re gonna be sold. It’s inevitable. Maybe 1 year, 5, 20…it’s coming.

The question is will they break themselves up before or after?
Hard to say

A tech company won’t want to run parks…they’ll sub it and collects no overhead fees.

All of Wall Street knows this…I’m not using the force here

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom