News Bob Iger talks about attendance declines, ticket pricing, the feud with Ron DeSantis, and his huge optimism for Disney Parks and Resorts

TP2000

Even the location of the interview looked so douch’eeee

That’s not what Disney does…

It’s pecos bills and singalongs at the pools…not adventures by Disney.

You just said it better than I did.

Again, because I've been to Sun Valley, and know it can get really douchey when the Californians and New Yorkers show up in mid summer. But in May, June or September, it's fantastic. But then, it's Idaho, so it's hard not to be fantastic during those months, and Idahoans are genuinely lovely people in a genuinely lovely place. But for this one today, Bob looked and sounded like an elitist dork.

A change needs to happen to the top 1% or 2% of Disney's leadership. They've become the kind of people that the upper-middle class folks waiting in Lightning Lane for 20 bucks per person wouldn't like. Not to mention the budget crowd abandoned in Standby.

It's not just Bob Iger now. It's a lot of the senior execs in Burbank. They aren't the kind of people who would be caught dead in their own parks or at their own movies. And even when they are in their element in Sun Valley wearing cashmere sweaters in July, they still aren't likable.

Something has to change. This is no longer working.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No money to do any of that. Remember just like when they overpaid for Fox by $20B, they need to overpay for Hulu….because of Comcast….again.
Remember the assist Bob owes Comcast for participating in getting his job in the first place?

Maybe the Don will ask him “to do him a little favor…”??

AdventureHasAName

I know it's super cliché. But I really do wonder what Walt Disney would think about what his company has become if he were still alive.
"Hey Walt, we've got a great idea ... we're gonna price the middle class out of the parks and eliminate all of the dress and appearance guidelines for cast members! Also, we're going to design the entire park experience so guests spend the majority of their day staring at their phones while different guests who paid more walk past them in line. What do you think?"

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I can't imagine Iger munching on an undercooked reheated caveman turkey leg at MK Main Street.
I think that should be a requirement of management. Go to the parks for a week. Stay at one of their non-deluxe resorts. Make park reservations, dining reservations, and use G+ all day starting at 7am.

I’ve always said the ones making the decisions to do things this way never have to do them so they have no idea what the common park guest experiences.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think that should be a requirement of management. Go to the parks for a week. Stay at one of their non-deluxe resorts. Make park reservations, dining reservations, and use G+ all day starting at 7am.

I’ve always said the ones making the decisions to do things this way never have to do them so they have no idea what the common park guest experiences.
Parks are for the unwashed masses…not the Beverly Hills lawn and tennis club…

But the current management hates the customer…whereas the prior at least saw the value in understanding and predicting them…

That’s all unnecessary in the blue ocean.
And That’s the problem.

Nobody noticed them building a timeshare on the crappy rundown end of caribbean and then asking $35,000 a contract for it?

How about “club 33s” in mothballed storage spaces all over the parks?

…the writing wasn’t on the wall, huh?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Parks are for the unwashed masses…not the Beverly Hills lawn and tennis club…

But the current management hates the customer…whereas the prior at least saw the value in understanding and predicting them…

That’s all unnecessary in the blue ocean.
And That’s the problem.

Nobody noticed them building a timeshare on the crappy rundown end of caribbean and then asking $35,000 a contract for it?

How about “club 33s” in mothballed storage spaces all over the parks?

…the writing wasn’t on the wall, huh?
I’m sure the club 33 areas are nice but it was kinda comical how they went about that.

Where should we put this in MK?
Well we have a storage nook in Adventureland. Don’t worry, those rich suckers will pay for refurb of it all to make it usable

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He’s probably just mad because of the TLM math
Notice how NO ONE in a nametag has said a word about the box office for months? A Disney hallmark has always been pumping the tires of films to draw attention to the entire house.

There must be a standing hush order?

Cultural zeitgeist doesn’t get the cash it used to - interest rates must be too high?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom