News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

lazyboy97o

Well... up until now Donn Tatum was the worst CEO. He almost sold off the company Walt built.
He didn’t, but Iger did try to sell off Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
Can't wait for people to start talking about how Iger wasn't that bad.

Because he isn't. And Chapek is.
Iger advocated for Chapek.

Please let Rohde be in charge of Parks
Why? He has no operational experience?

Under Chapek, the parks are investing massively in new projects. Quite frankly, the reasons to hate Chapek are: (1) more IP and (2) price increases. But capital investment is quite strong. Stronger than it has been in decades.
Disney spent years and billions trying to avoid building attractions and facilities. They ran out of ideas. Chapek didn’t come in and reverse course, he didn’t fight for investment in the parks. He accepted that MyMagic+ had failed

brb1006

df8.gif

Oh boy, can't wait to hear that line used more often.

Stripes

For a vibrant company...the criteria can not be “other people did worse”

It has to be “who is the best to maximize growth/yield and provide stability”

That isn’t Chapek.
Before I make any judgement as to whether Chapek will make a good CEO, I'm going to wait to see who he nominates to become the new head of DPEP. For me, that will be a good indicator.

If he puts up somebody from Consumer Products instead of DPEP's biggest business. Or if he installs somebody with little knowledge of the parks, you can be rest assured my tone will turn sour. Right now, it's "wait and see" for me.

tirian

Why? It’s only something acknowledged by a few Disney fans.

Exactly. It was a legitimate business option that has been buried on fan forums, along with how Magic Bands were invented merely to increase sales through quicker transactions and impulse purchases, and FastPass Plus was intended to redistribute crowds and avoid new rides or theme park expansions. All of those are facts based on earnings reports, sales calls, and known meetings—yet they’re ignored on most forums.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom