News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

seascape

What happens when those DVC contract leases end? The purchaser is no longer a DVC member and Disney sells that contract to someone new?
Yes, that is exactly what will happen. The contracts we purchased have an end date and the ownership reverts back to Disney.

UNCgolf

I addressed that…it always is.

sweating when it’s 85 at 9 pm in the dark is surprisingly little relief from 97 at 3 pm…

been there…plenty

It's all relative, though. As someone who's lived in the southeast his whole life, I'd take 97 and humid over 45 and windy 100% of the time -- everyone I know from the northeast (and Canada) feels the opposite. That's not to say I love 97 and humid (my ideal temperature is high 70s/low 80s) but I'd take it over the alternative.

Of course if you just go to Disney in the "winter" then it's not an issue. The weather was absolutely perfect all week my last two trips, which were in January and February.

Lilofan

It's all relative, though. As someone who's lived in the southeast his whole life, I'd take 97 and humid over 45 and windy 100% of the time -- everyone I know from the northeast (and Canada) feels the opposite. That's not to say I love 97 and humid (my ideal temperature is high 70s/low 80s) but I'd take it over the alternative.

Of course if you just go to Disney in the "winter" then it's not an issue. The weather was absolutely perfect all week my last two trips, which were in January and February.
Disney marathon races in early Jan usually seem to be on the nippy side low 30s warming up to mid 50s. I volunteered and dressed for the occasion, shorts, sneakers and 3 upper layers, taking them off as the temp rises. Can't say I have a winter jacket. I believe even Disney exec Josh D ran also.

ImperfectPixie

I'm right there with you. I have zero cold tolerance and live in MA. To say it sucks is putting it lightly.

GimpYancIent

Disney marathon races in early Jan usually seem to be on the nippy side low 30s warming up to mid 50s. I volunteered and dressed for the occasion, shorts, sneakers and 3 upper layers, taking them off as the temp rises. Can't say I have a winter jacket. I believe even Disney exec Josh D ran also.
Yep! Cold / early start, but, if layered just lighten the load as you go. It's amazing how hot the body gets after a couple of miles then the coolness actually feels good.

Indy_UK

You know who’s just waiting for Chapek to get the boot and wants back in

Attachments

• CA5D35C1-15C1-4DB6-BA2D-8188A4E9E79F.jpeg
    CA5D35C1-15C1-4DB6-BA2D-8188A4E9E79F.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 44

JoeCamel

That petition just exploded in one day - well over 19,000 signatures (and counting!)
Now would good ole' josh have put a social media campaign together to try and manipulate the board? Might earn him some cred for being able to negotiate the corporate ladder?
I love a good conspiracy, remember the WDW control social media thread?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom