Bob Iger returning to Disney as CEO?

stretchsje

I thought maybe they were grooming D'Amaro for the face of the company but not after this year.

Credit to Iger. The timing of his abandonment, not just due to covid but from the culmination of problems he himself brought to the company, was perfect. It's easy to complain about his leadership but hard to deny the guy is savvy.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Look at that beautiful, full head of hair we’ve been missing:
View attachment 608636
Beautiful Bob ‘22

If you need He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, he’s behind that bush in his Wikipedia photo (the best image they could find):
View attachment 608637
I understand he contemplating how much he could charge for toilet Lightning Lane passes and whether women should be charged more due to supply-and-demand.

Rumors have been circulating recently about charging surge-demand prices for toilet Lightning Lane passes around World Showcase during festivals. No word yet if this one is circling the drain or if it could be flush with cash.

ToTBellHop

So why appoint him unless the plan was to peace out and return all along.
He saw the pandemic, didn’t want that mess to be his legacy, and dropped it like a hot potato. Now, perhaps he will be happy to pick up the mashed potatoes and host one final Thanksgiving dinner. I’m more curious of who he would give his recipes to after a short 2nd stint at the top. At best, I could see a 1-year transition where he takes his successor under his wing. Chapek wasn’t ready to fly.

VJ

If Iger comes back, he'll officially be the boy who cried retirement.

I don't see it happening personally. Chapek is here to stay whether anyone likes it or not.

kingdead

Wasn't there some guy he liked better than Chapek? He probably wants to usher that guy in after everyone gets good and hateful toward Chapek.

Disorbust

Tom Staggs and Kevin .... can’t remember and to lazy to google. He was ceo at TikTok For about a minute until he got afraid of Trump.

I could see it happening after his “It’s not just data” epiphany. Besides morale is at a new low and they are losing talent like Chapek loses hair.

Ayla

Tom Staggs and Kevin .... can’t remember and to lazy to google. He was ceo at TikTok For about a minute until he got afraid of Trump.

I could see it happening after his “It’s not just data” epiphany. Besides morale is at a new low and they are losing talent like Chapek loses hair.

That's a great point (bolded) that I haven't seen talked about much. Talk has typically centered on the parks, not the outflow of talent.

At what point will someone step in and say "ugh, maybe we need to change some things, since our best people are leaving us."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom