News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

el_super

That is certainly a "creative" interpretation of history. Not really sure where to go with the discussion from there.

Not really. There is a lot of history you are either purposefully ignoring or just unaware of in your assessments of Roy.

Eisner's attitude was never the issue. His inability to main relationships either internally or externally was his biggest failing, and that had nothing to do with EuroDisney.

Because people are not shaped by their experiences?

_caleb

I'm nobody here, but I'd like to ask if we could try to refrain from belittling anyone by mocking their physical appearance? It's perfectly fine to dislike anyone as a candidate for CEO of The Walt Disney Company, but I'm asking if we can keep it about their performance, wardrobe, reputation, or even personality, rather than their looks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm nobody here, but I'd like to ask if we could try to refrain from belittling anyone by mocking their physical appearance? It's perfectly fine to dislike anyone as a candidate for CEO of The Walt Disney Company, but I'm asking if we can keep it about their performance, wardrobe, reputation, or even personality, rather than their looks.
I single handedly got chapek fired by comparing him to dr evil for 5 years…

So:
1. No
2. you’re welcome

😎

Tony the Tigger

It was obviously a comment on a bad photo, not her physical appearance.

Also: don’t need propriety police, but thanks anyway.

G00fyDad

Your avatar has big ears.

Raidermatt

Not really. There is a lot of history you are either purposefully ignoring or just unaware of in your assessments of Roy.
Right back atcha.
Because people are not shaped by their experiences?
In part, of course they are. Eisner's issues existed long before EuroDisney or his heart attack. Speculating on what in his past contributed to his shortcomings does not really interest me. The point is he had them when he came to Disney.

CaptainMickey

There is no sense in a Strategic Planner being CEO.
Tom Staggs did a whole lot more then that, but that gave him an overview of the entire company. He was very involved in the Pixar and Marvel purchases. When he was over Parks and Resorts, Pandora at Animal Kingdom was his baby. The driver of that deal with Cameron was Staggs. So was New Fantasyland at WDW. He personally got Seven Dwarf mine train added to fantasyland even when they were over budget and just wanted to add a meet and greet there instead. He oversaw the entire Shanghai park build. He was a fan and advocate for the parks division (Especially compared to someone like McCarthy). He was also very successful as the CFO and COO at Disney. Maybe Iger decided he likes running Disney and didn't want to hand over the reins way back then.

Who would you say is more qualified to run Disney then Tom Staggs?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You have to ignore his past to believe this narrative that Eisner was just a broken person incapable of running Disney from the get go. His past success (and even success after Disney) breaks that possibility.
This must be the introduction to the opposites…because I agree with you.

The Eisner narrative has been wrong for decades…and provides excuses for management since to do really dumb things

MrPromey

Now we know what happened to Cruella after the movies.

Good Lord, get this woman a new headshot. I can hear the “villain cackle” just looking at it.

I've said it before: There's obviously someone in the company who's opinion she trusts that has it out for her.

That's the only reason I can think of for that picture landing as her official portrait.

Almost any other non-studio shot of her I've seen would have been better than that image.

MrPromey

Just what Disney needs another bean counter as CEO. How about someone who's in their late 40s or early 50s rather than someone who's at retirement age and someone who has a background in doing something creative? I don't necessarily care if the person makes movies or whatever. Can be someone who has executive experience, but let that person be someone who has had success being an executive at a company that does out of the ordinary things. There's obviously no one in TWDC who fits the bill.

Okay, since people are chiming in with their own ideas for CEO that'll never happen I have my own.

I'm going to get a lot of flack for this one but...

It would probably be too big in scope for him, but Reggie Fils-Aimé, I think, would be a positive outside pick for fans and creative employees/cast.

He has a very diverse background having managed boring stuff from Proctor and Gamble to Pizza Hut (before the fall) and of course, Nintendo of America along with a whole bunch of other stuff in between, including TV.

That's given him a strong mix with many different types of products, services and industries, including entertainment.

He has a history of thinking both strategically and genuinely considering his customers/audience both in corporate messaging and in products and it seems like everyone who's worked for or with him, loves him.

He also understands the difference between talking to the media, stakeholders, and fans directly which I think, gives him figurehead potential despite the angry eyebrows.

He's never made movies or theme parks but he's also never made a video game or gaming system and I think he did a pretty good job of turning things around for NOA when they brought him in post Game Cube.

I know it's a pipe dream.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And in this case, do a Google Image search.

Even in her other most unflattering photos, she doesn't look like a classic villain the way she does in her official corporate portrait.
Those corporate photos were almost ALWAYS creepy…

Iger’s Lt. days looked more cardboard than an Amazon warehouse. You want to “wipe that smirk” off presslers face…

And it made crofton and Wallace look like absolute broom riders…

…wait…cancel the last one 🤔

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

And in this case, do a Google Image search.

Even in her other most unflattering photos, she doesn't look like a classic villain the way she does in her official corporate portrait.
Yea, but you’re taking her seriously (maybe even frightened). Can’t say she got there on her looks. So, it’s a power move.

DCLcruiser

What is she, 65-67!!! What the heck do you look like?

For the record, she's not unattractive, at all. The picture is funny but it's quite a stretch to actually make issue of her physical looks.
My point was that she may have picked a headshot that was not a glamour shot and instead showed her as a determined and energetic business woman.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom